QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
you got a source for this? or are you pulling this from out of your ass? another thing writers constantly self insert themselves into their writing its why power fantasies exist
Did you honestly imply translators = writers? We want TRANSLATIONS not for the "translator" to try to self insert and overwrite the dialogue to try and write some quirky shit in place of actual translations.
do you unironically think japan actually gives a shit about this? as long as they get money japan will continue to do this till the end of time
Did you not read the part where I said A.I. will save us? In case you didn't understand that's implying that I know they don't care. What exactly is your goal here? My goal was to see if the translation was shit and I achieved it and also learned to avoid Shiravune because of this sort of stuff plus they apparently choose not to uncensor stuff even if the original devs are fine with it. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here by defending bad "translations".

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
Did you honestly imply translators = writers? We want TRANSLATIONS not for the "translator" to try to self insert and overwrite the dialogue to try and write some quirky shit in place of actual translations.
how is that "self-inserting" do you honestly know what that means? because it doesn't seem like you do
Did you not read the part where I said A.I. will save us? In case you didn't understand that's implying that I know they don't care. What exactly is your goal here? My goal was to see if the translation was shit and I achieved it and also learned to avoid Shiravune because of this sort of stuff plus they apparently choose not to uncensor stuff even if the original devs are fine with it. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here by defending bad "translations".
explain the bad translation? all you said is that they used words you don't like and never considered if they make sense or not in context, also it doesn't matter if wherever you think they care or not because they don't because if they did this wouldn't be a "problem"

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
explain the bad translation? all you said is that they used words you don't like and never considered if they make sense or not in context, also it doesn't matter if wherever you think they care or not because they don't because if they did this wouldn't be a "problem"
Okay I've just realised you're trolling because there's no way you're actually serious. All signs point to you trolling or being a "translator" like Shiravune lol. Gonna "ignore" you and hopefully I stop getting pinged about this. Btw the answers to your post are already in the thread if you're willing to read.

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
Okay I've just realised you're trolling because there's no way you're actually serious. All signs point to you trolling or being a "translator" like Shiravune lol. Gonna "ignore" you and hopefully I stop getting pinged about this. Btw the answers to your post are already in the thread if you're willing to read.
trolling? are you sure you aren't projecting a little bit there? also they clearly are translating i love it when weebs forget that there is some "japaneseness" that can't be directly translated so they have to find other ways of doing it. I'm sorry slang upsets you dearie :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JosephF

May 28, 2019
you got a source for this? or are you pulling this from out of your ass? another thing writers constantly self insert themselves into their writing its why power fantasies exist
Look at the localizer called Katrina Leonoudakis, what I said was an actual thing she tweeted about the anime Strike Witches, how she hated the show because "fanservice" but she liked the idea of flying, then she admited to self insert on her localization. She also adds memes on her work, like:"sorry I yeeted you", instead of "sorry I hit you" in the anime My Life as Inukai-san' Dog.

About Shiravune, just look at the trailer of Nukitashi 2, a character will say " 可愛い妹叩いたな、この童貞淫奔野郎" which translates to "You hit your cute little sister, you obscene virgin bastard" but the localizers put " “You smacked your cute little sister huh you goddamn d*ckless virgin incel!"

Btw on Nukitashi 1 they put "bazinga" there. You can just type on google to see how bad the localization is, it's like I said before, a fanfic at this point. What the character actually says is " イクイクセーシ! イクイクセーシ! イクイクセーシ!" which is a sex slang. Hell any sexual slang could work, for example the dude screaming "fuck fuck fuck" or the like, but for some reason the localizers put "Bazinga, Bazinga, Bazinga." probably because "haha funny meme".

Just because some words might be hard to translate, that doesn't give them free pass to just add random memes or twitter insults like "incel" or "mansplaining"(which they added btw, on the anime The Dangers in My Heart).

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
Look at the localizer called Katrina Leonoudakis, what I said was an actual thing she tweeted about the anime Strike Witches, how she hated the show because "fanservice" but she liked the idea of flying, then she admited to self insert on her localization. She also adds memes on her work, like:"sorry I yeeted you", instead of "sorry I hit you" in the anime My Life as Inukai-san' Dog.

About Shiravune, just look at the trailer of Nukitashi 2, a character will say " 可愛い妹叩いたな、この童貞淫奔野郎" which translates to "You hit your cute little sister, you obscene virgin bastard" but the localizers put " “You smacked your cute little sister huh you goddamn d*ckless virgin incel!"

Btw on Nukitashi 1 they put "bazinga" there. You can just type on google to see how bad the localization is, it's like I said before, a fanfic at this point. What the character actually says is " イクイクセーシ! イクイクセーシ! イクイクセーシ!" which is a sex slang. Hell any sexual slang could work, for example the dude screaming "fuck fuck fuck" or the like, but for some reason the localizers put "Bazinga, Bazinga, Bazinga." probably because "haha funny meme".

Just because some words might be hard to translate, that doesn't give them free pass to just add random memes or twitter insults like "incel" or "mansplaining"(which they added btw, on the anime The Dangers in My Heart).
Huh? I’m pretty sure she only said it’s an aspect of the show and not the entire thing it is entirely possible for you to like an aspect of the show and dislike another aspect of it, as for the first example no offence but there’s is literal no difference between the actual translation and the other because they have nearly identical meaning, the example you gave is clearly a bs culture war point and it goes to show the damage it did to the entire internet and made everyone into a terminally online weirdo who’s enjoyment of anything is so fragile that certain words ruins everything for them.

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Huh? I’m pretty sure she only said it’s an aspect of the show and not the entire thing it is entirely possible for you to like an aspect of the show and dislike another aspect of it, as for the first example no offence but there’s is literal no difference between the actual translation and the other because they have nearly identical meaning, the example you gave is clearly a bs culture war point and it goes to show the damage it did to the entire internet and made everyone into a terminally online weirdo who’s enjoyment of anything is so fragile that certain words ruins everything for them.
FYI a translation is made so that everyone can understand it, as long as you know the language. If you use internet slang which often changes, not everyone will be able to understand it. So why would you use memes/slangs that lose their meaning with time?

slimeboi69

Aug 20, 2021
FYI a translation is made so that everyone can understand it, as long as you know the language. If you use internet slang which often changes, not everyone will be able to understand it. So why would you use memes/slangs that lose their meaning with time?
I completely agree with this omg thats why i was getting frustrated at the recent seasonal animes where the translators used internet slangs for the 'haha funni' some of which i didn't even know existed...

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
If you don’t understand “internet” slang that sucks for you

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
If you don’t understand “internet” slang that sucks for you
Tbh I don't think I'm missing out too much by not knowing them. Also this take just makes you seem insensitive and dumb. You can't and shouldn't expect people to know that. There is a time and place for that, in this case it isn't.
To give you an example, do you think it's appropriate to say "This interview straight up bussin fr fr" to your boss after a job interview? Have you ever thought about what kind of opinion he would have of you afterwards?

Reactions: JosephF

NiGHTS4life

Aug 1, 2017
Can't believe it's still censored. Would be nice to have some actual romance instead of the influx of NTR.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote