SubscribeStar Profile Review

Inocless

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2021
Hello everyone on the forum, I would like to know how long it takes for an account to be approved on SubscribeStar?
It's been over 1 month since I created my profile but it's still under analysis, I sent a message to suporter and so far nothing. :(

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I think I got mine signed off in like a few days. They asked for a link to what kind of stuff I'd be posting and my facebook. My facebook has nothing about my games on it. I think it's just a way to confirm that you're a real person and not a bot.

Inocless

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2021
I think I got mine signed off in like a few days. They asked for a link to what kind of stuff I'd be posting and my facebook. My facebook has nothing about my games on it. I think it's just a way to confirm that you're a real person and not a bot.
Well i sat an email but they didnt reply. So I only send my facebook link? to confirm that I'm not a bot? :unsure:

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Well i sat an email but they didnt reply. So I only send my facebook link? to confirm that I'm not a bot? :unsure:
I'm pretty sure that's all its for. Otherwise they could have people just making a bunch of accounts to launder money and shit i guess?

The link to some content you've made is to confirm that you aren't going to be posting anything illegal I assume. The content I linked them to was a small but completed game which give them a good idea that I wasn't up to anything shady.

Reactions: Inocless

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
They asked for a link to what kind of stuff I'd be posting and my facebook.
What the fucking fuck ?
Asking for your facebook page is plain stupid since it prove absolutely nothing.

A facebook page prove absolutely nothing. Not only you can indicate one that isn't yours but, as long as you keep a low profile, there's absolutely nothing that force you to give your real name when creating it. And I don't even talk about the privacy settings, that will make your page appear totally blank of any information except the name you used to create it.

In top of that, you expect to earn money from your subscribestar account, therefore all the information you give them are already valid enough for this money to reach you. What mean that they are already covered on the legal side ; "the money is transferred to XYZ", is way more useful than,"the account is from the guy that have the ABC facebook page". But anyway, if you're smart enough to trick the third party that you'll provide to subscribestar as place where to transfer your money, you're also more than smart enough to trick facebook if they suddenly ask for a proof of your identity ; they are just asking for a scan of your ID card.

Therefore, at best it's, yet another, proof of the pure amateurism being subscribestar, and at worse a privacy invasion.
And after, there's still people to say that it's Patreon which is the Devil in this story ?

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

SeniGaming

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2019
Subscribestar is bullshit, I've been waiting for 4 years, I went to see it today and it's still the same shit, patreon it's a pain, but they're gods compared to subscribestar.

Nobody have a solution, just delete.