VN Others Abandoned Student Struggles [v0.0.3] [ArrogantPenguin]

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hey all, dev here, I just wanted to throw few things. First, the Lara Croft tits, I totally see it, I have no clue what I was thinking lol. Second, fixing the bug that prevents you from going past girl2. Third, about the no sex thingy, I wanted the sex scenes to come later in the game, kind of like a reward for your actions, but now that I see that the majority doesn't like it, could you give me few suggestions on how to fix it? Should I add sex scenes much sooner than later? What about the look of the game, I was thinking of changing it completely to ingame honey select stuff, if I find rooms that make that possible. Please, don't hesitate, I would really appreciate it.
Dude. No.

Everyone wants to get to sex content right away, honestly, if its not in your story don't just throw it in because "people want it". If there is a story you are keeping to, do so. Otherwise it just becomes a click-to-fap without much cohesion in the story and characters. If the intent is to win the girls over make sure you get to specific rewards. Plenty of games here do that, where you get a certain amount of influence with a girl and you get to see some tits, a panty flash, handjob and go on from there at a certain point.

Having sex come later is fine, just be sure it'll be repeatable, to a certain extent, and not just the same old thing each time.

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Dude. No.

Everyone wants to get to sex content right away, honestly, if its not in your story don't just throw it in because "people want it". If there is a story you are keeping to, do so. Otherwise it just becomes a click-to-fap without much cohesion in the story and characters. If the intent is to win the girls over make sure you get to specific rewards. Plenty of games here do that, where you get a certain amount of influence with a girl and you get to see some tits, a panty flash, handjob and go on from there at a certain point.

Having sex come later is fine, just be sure it'll be repeatable, to a certain extent, and not just the same old thing each time.
Yeah, that was my intent from the beginning, work towards building a relationship and get rewarded for it, and having a room for fuck ups too, for example trying to fiddle with two girls at once might backfire and stuff along those lines, kind of like having a bad ending. I posted the very first version of the game on one forum because I was in a frenzy because of the fact that I started working on it, and after calming down realised that it was just not enough to show off and decided not to post it anywhere else until I make more, but it was posted here without my knowledge, I only found out about this few days ago. I guess it backfired haha.

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
mega removed pls update link
I updated the mega download because of a bug fix which prevented you from moving forward. Here's the link, but it's still very early and there's not much to see:

AlphaWolf

May 9, 2017
I played through to the restaurant and got an error about "end" then the game locked up. Is this the end of the current content?

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I played through to the restaurant and got an error about "end" then the game locked up. Is this the end of the current content?
Welp, I knew someone would find a bug eventually, I test the builds several times but always somehow end up missing at least one of them. There's content past the cafe scene, you'll know where the build ends once the end screen pops up with a message telling you it's the end.

I fixed the bugs (hopefully all of them), here's the link:

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
This is just some advice. You always have options and a choice. Oh yeah, could you please implement the ability to name the main character in the next update?
I'm glad to see people liking the game more now, it's comforting knowing it improved at least a bit over the previous build(s), thank you a lot for taking your time to revisit it and give feedback, I appreciate it!
It's exactly how you mentioned it, real life takes priorities and always will. Living off of Patreon money is obviously not the main goal, but if I do end up having a bigger funding, I plan on using that and the skill gathered from this project to better realize future projects. But hey, if that doesn't happen I can always continue doing what I'm doing currently, making it for fun, that I'll always have.

I'll make sure to implement the character naming in the next build.

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I had to read your comment a few times to make sure I was not seeing things; is so damn refreshing to see someone making a game with consequences for trying to date two or more girls at once.

A game with normal women and not crazed sluts who would fuck even the bushes... is indeed refreshing.

I like your approach to dating simulator, nice concept.
Lol thank you a lot!
That's how I always viewed "dating sim's" to be, if you want to date a girl, you gotta put in a bit of an effort first. That's the whole foundation of the game.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Lol thank you a lot!
That's how I always viewed "dating sim's" to be, if you want to date a girl, you gotta put in a bit of an effort first. That's the whole foundation of the game.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I tried the demo...

I take my old comment back, there is a crazy slut in your game trying to make me her puppet by offering me a sneak peek of her tits and promising more than that (I'm guessing sexual favors) and after I said no she shamelessly say that she almost every time gets the guy to agree to do whatever she says after doing what she did with me... at least the MC is right with his answer to her NOT MY THING.

And then the "friend" has his room switched with one of the girls you can date, just like the MC, but as soon as I go back to the MC's room I heard that the "friend" is already in a date with that girl...

So the shy girl is taken away before even having the chance to try to date her and/or some Netori shit is all that is left if I want that girl

:/

Meh, lost interest already.
This game opens the door to a shit storm of cheating, NTR, Netori, Netorase...

FTS.

ArrogantPenguin

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I tried the demo...

I take my old comment back, there is a crazy slut in your game trying to make me her puppet by offering me a sneak peek of her tits and promising more than that (I'm guessing sexual favors) and after I said no she shamelessly say that she almost every time gets the guy to agree to do whatever she says after doing what she did with me... at least the MC is right with his answer to her NOT MY THING.

And then the "friend" has his room switched with one of the girls you can date, just like the MC, but as soon as I go back to the MC's room I heard that the "friend" is already in a date with that girl...

So the shy girl is taken away before even having the chance to try to date her and/or some Netori shit is all that is left if I want that girl

:/

Meh, lost interest already.
This game opens the door to a shit storm of cheating, NTR, Netori, Netorase...

FTS.
Well it's all still early so you can't really see how your choices will affect further development of the game, but to answer your comments:
Hanako (the crazy slut redhead), I'm aiming for her to be more than what is represented to you at face value, further down the line you will have an option to turn it all around and try to "fix" her into a normal human being. If you only abide by her rules it will end badly.

The date thingy was meant to come off as sarcastic, seeing how they already started hanging out, forcing Ayumi to stay in her room and bond with you, they're not actually dating. I need to clarify that point in the game better.

Kotomi (the shy girl) has yet to be worked on so that's why you don't see her in the game much.

As for Netori stuff, if you thought my comment of dating two girls at once was actually just you dating one while the redhead secretly controls you and makes you cheat, that's not what I was referring to. You will be able to choose to date for example Ayumi and Kotomi at the same time, the stuff with the redhead is completely different, and while I do plan on adding the "secretly forcing you to do stuff" route, it will, as mentioned above, end badly.

What I'm trying to do with this game is to place you in different scenarios rather than just having to date girls one day at a time, I'm trying to give more options than that.

I hope that clarified your concerns about the game, and thank you for trying out the game and giving feedback!

anschwww

May 10, 2017

Unfortunately this will be the final post on this patreon page.
Due to several private life choices and events I no longer have the time to work on games, I apologise to everyone who was looking forward to more updates of Student Struggles. Despite the short time I had fun working on the game and learned about the responsibilites of taking on and keeping a personal project going. I will be taking this failed project as an example into my future work.

I also refunded everyone's pledges for the past two months as I don't believe it is right for me to take them for doing no work.

Thank you all who supported me and who was with me on this small journey!

Have fun and enjoy the games.

>>another abandoned game :FeelsBadMan: