Ren'Py - Stream of Horror [v0.3] [ENVIEFLOU]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Doctor Shark

v0.3 Review

I don't really know what to make of this. In this game you're watching a cam girl stream in glorious gameboy-style graphics. Meanwhile, "scary" stuff happens in the background. Occasionally you'll be asked to answer a question but they're all more tests to see if you're awake than actual puzzles. For example, the racing minigame will flash either right or left on the screen three times and then you have to choose the correct direction. And I don't mean it's mini-Simon, if you need to go left it will flash left three times. It's that simple.

If you make wrong choices, creepy horror stuff happens and you get an immediate game-over. If you make right choices, then creepy horror stuff happens and you eventually get a game over at what I assume is the end of current content.

The game just didn't really do anything for me which is why I'm giving it three stars. The girl doesn't have a name let-alone a personality or history so it's hard to empathize with her. And she doesn't break any horror movie rules or anything, crazy stuff is just happening for some reason. There was a period where it seemed like a lot of games on here liked to have horror elements thrown in and I could never really enjoy them. I'd be grooving and then we'd get an Event Horizon-style demon with no skin showing up or blood dripping from the walls and there goes any sort of sexy vibe.

But other people seemed to like those so I'm just going to chalk this game up as being not my cup of tea and leave it at that.