VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Chp.1] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

5.00 star(s) 37 Votes

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
How do I pick? Love it and hate it at the same time!
It's really inconsiderate of the devs to put us through this emotional struggle.
We are very sorry about this (not really, not one bit).

We genuinely did not expect such a warm welcome over here, we are very much aware that most folks lean towards a different (bigger, more diverse, less toddlerish or whatever you want to call it) set of tags in the zone, and are truly happy to see so many of you enjoying our game as it is (and falling for both girls, we just couldn't ask for more).

Reading through your supportive reviews and comments make all the work, time, sleepless nights, stress and love put into it worth it.

Last edited:

Gametimer

May 21, 2022
Strangers on Paper [Chp.1] Unofficial Android Port + KoGa3's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 152mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Thanks Ghost!

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Oof... so, after MC tells Becca he has a crush on her, and they kiss, once they get back to the bar not only does she make out with some chick there, she makes it a point to go up to the MC as she is leaving with her to say "thank you". Maybe it's just me, but that came off as her purposly showing off that she is leaving with someone else to show the MC that the kiss actaully meant nothing. Was it supposed to come off like that? Am I alone here?

Very well written drama, certainly nothing like the manufactured drama we see so often lately. The Amy path leaves me super intrigued as to what happened in the past between them.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Oof... so, after MC tells Becca he has a crush on her, and they kiss, once they get back to the bar not only does she make out with some chick there, she makes it a point to go up to the MC as she is leaving with her to say "thank you". Maybe it's just me, but that came off as her purposly showing off that she is leaving with someone else to show the MC that the kiss actaully meant nothing. Was it supposed to come off like that? Am I alone here?

Very well written drama, certainly nothing like the manufactured drama we see so often lately. The Amy path leaves me super intrigued as to what happened in the past between them.
Imo she is in some sort of relation with that girl and started to develop feelings for the MC? That's how I read it.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Imo she is in some sort of relation with that girl and started to develop feelings for the MC? That's how I read it.
See, I thought she was in a relationship with the guy that she gets that bag from (I'm assuming the stuff she had at his place) because of what he was saying, so I didn't think she was in a relationship with the girl, unless she was either cheating on him, in an open relationship, or that guy was super weird and they weren't in a relationship at all.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
See, I thought she was in a relationship with the guy that she gets that bag from (I'm assuming the stuff she had at his place) because of what he was saying, so I didn't think she was in a relationship with the girl, unless she was either cheating on him, in an open relationship, or that guy was super weird and they weren't in a relationship at all.
Yes to cheating. Girls have known eachother for a while. Well that's is the impression I got from their interaction.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

I also saw that as she is starting get feellings for him. MC clearly perceive she is nervous and unsure while talking to him, something she didn't show at all until that point which pretty much connect/resemblance with how MC act and feels when close to her the entire chapter thanks to the "effect" she had on him, and that seems he is starting have the same "effect" on her

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
I also saw that as she is starting get feellings for him. MC clearly perceive she is nervous and unsure while talking to him, something she didn't show at all until that point which pretty much connect/resemblance with how MC act and feels when close to her the entire chapter thanks to the "effect" she had on him, and that seems he is starting have the same "effect" on her
I completely missed those two frames that set that up. I don't even know how - I must've read them while still reeling from the surprise of the kiss at the bar and glossed over them. That paints that scene entirely differently from how I first viewed it and makes the Becca ending scene make more sense than it did before.

Reactions: lipe2410

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021
1684949416239.png

To say these have been some busy weeks would be quite the understatement. I don’t even know how to write a dev log anymore. I mean, right now we should be taking a break. We said we would do so after the release. Wait two or three days and take at least a week or something off.

So why did I just spend the whole day writing and why is Grogu already working on the new scenes?

I think I’ll use this one to sort of journal our thoughts and feelings through this, since the answer to that question is much simpler than it would appear. It’s because of you. And I’m not blaming you here, I’m thanking you, I swear.

You’ll see, when we first started working on SOP, we knew it was going to be a bit different. Well, maybe too different, and market-wise, you never know what to expect from the audience. Ha, I say this as if I know what I’m talking about, but before I met Grogu I was really just a nerdy bean sitting anxiously behind my monitor, too mortified about calling myself a “writer” as I reached out to him about working together.

Putting this game together felt a lot like making a scrapbook of things we loved, throwing a bunch of glitter on it and then calling ourselves “devs”. We had no idea what we were doing but carried on because we just really wanted to make it happen. Of course, the fact that Grogu was passionate about creating beautiful images and I was passionate about creating meaningful stories helped a lot, but we still weren’t sure it would work.

And then, finally, after months of keeping this firstborn scrapbook to ourselves, came release day. And these are just some of the things that completely blew our minds:

Several of you demanding we take a break now and take care of ourselves
An impressive number of you saying you had to play both routes because you just couldn’t choose one girl over the other (or even if you did choose, you went back and played it again anyway)
The detailed reviews, feedback and comments
Reading through your conversations discussing theories over the characters, their past and present
You guys recommending the game to each other
Many of you reaching out to share your personal feelings and/or stories
The fact that you guys are offering your financial support to this project, many of you from a very early stage, and the most recent ones, even after the game has already been released for free
We just can’t help wanting to continue working on it. And not in a stressful, feeling pressure kind of way, but in a “hey, we’ve got something good here” kind of way. I’m not saying we didn’t have any faith in it ourselves - otherwise we wouldn’t have devoted so much of us into it -, but the response we got has truly surpassed our expectations.

So… yeah. We’re slowly wrapping our heads around this whole thing and happily making our way into Chapter 2, which should be a much less bumpier road with everything we’ve learned so far.

We thank you once again from the bottom of our tired hearts and leave you with some concept art images we thought you may be interested to look at. Several details are subject to change but this is almost what our girls will be looking like in the next chapter.
1684949365941.png

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I normally don't comment on the same thread this much in such a short amount of time but I forgot to say
That I like how the MC is not a giant creep.
There are so many games I think I will like only to have them ruined by a sleazy MC who only cares about sex.

Aug 7, 2018
Yes to cheating. Girls have known eachother for a while. Well that's is the impression I got from their interaction.
Read it more as two close friends(/ex-lovers?) providing physical comfort/-intimacy/companionship to each other.
In Becca route's ep.1 ending she doesn't sleep with Nancy. Nancy's expression read more along the lines of a friend genuinely thinking "Good for you, girl" to me than feeling snubbed or disappointed.

Way too early to read too much into it of course, but it fits the theme of her desire for (emotional) intimacy and to be seen.

5.00 star(s) 37 Votes