VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Strange Nights [v0.7.1] [LocJaw]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 319490

Good game, but ...

The visual quality is excellent, just like the original game. The plot is interesting, but it doesn't stand out in any way.

The worst part of the game is precisely the premise. A game where choices matter without the player having real choices is disheartening. ALL choices lead to the same event, the only situation where it does not happen is at a time when a choice causes the game over, which makes the choice useless.
    The MC has incredible power but he doesn't remember to use it ... (spoiler: he is assaulted and tries to beat a drug addict using arguments; the crazy bitch doesn't leave him alone and he still thinks ' why doesn't she leave me in peace ?' ). All of this turns him into a complete idiot, and it is clear that the game forces events only for the story to follow a pre-defined script. My most common reaction in most events was: 'WHY DID HE DO THIS AND NOT THAT? IT'S SO OBVIOUS! '
  2. 5.00 star(s)

lexxxi1

I think this is simply one of the best games, if not THE best game i've played here. And i've played a lot of them. It's got a great story, great graphics and animation and it's veeeery sexy....
    Feels like the sequel to LIS no one has dared to dream of.
    PLEASE keep up the great work!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Evil B. Monkey

this is an outstanding product. It has a level of polish far above almost all of it's competition, and the humor and characterizations are spot on. I wasn't a huge fan of the Life is Strange series because the angsty teen shtick felt both overdone and cheesy, but re-imagining the story from Mark Jefferson's perspective completely alleviates that issue for me.

My only criticism is the grammar is sometimes off (lines such as, "I always wondered how it tastes like,") but it's infrequent and never confusing.

Progress seems to be very slow, but I hope it picks up. There are very few adult projects of this quality and if the creator can demonstrate the ability to produce quality content a bit more regularly, I'll definitely kick a few bucks their way.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ytytm

sad there is no choices in dialogues which are affects plot,but still very intresting.also would be cool in futere see girls in Jeffersons "photoroom" with actual shootings as he do in game.
    and big respect for Jeffersons POV
  5. 1.00 star(s)

muschi123

The game itself is pretty good, but the dev disappeared a couple of times now and basically does the bare minimum to not get flagged as "on hold".
    The updates are fairly short, but the quality is still there.
    Take it for what you want, but it´s a scam more than a game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mini810

Top-notched weed. Has to be one of the best I've seen in a while. Good graphics, intriguing setting, dialogues giving me some good laughs, scenes cutting straight to the point, nice animation making unlike those unnatural weirdly looping shit. 9 outta 10, that one's after I smoke some more.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Pogo123

amazing grahpics, lore friendly and intersting plot, crazy smooth animations, nice sound, chill to play everything is good except i hoped to see bigger boobed versions of the main girls . hopefully this game will continue and you will see more poses in more angles. and i am excited to see more of rachel, max and chloe. but it would be nice to see them with curvier boobies like some mods out there already have.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

cdbreeze

I have yet to play the source game, but I remember enough about the buzz surrounding it to appreciate some of the references.

As of 0.4b, the SFM models and the sex scenes already in the game are outstanding. After that #1 priority, the story is also top notch. Each character already has such personality that gives this game a depth that most other adult games lack. This version lacks many choices, but there's a clarity and amusement in this visual novel in depicting a less-than-upstanding main character.

If updates continue to come out, I will be adding this game to my list of pledges.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Inmortaliity

Love this game!

Even the same feeling Life is strange gives you. But of course, this contains more of what original game was missing :sneaky:

+ Humor
    + Animation and realism/physics
    + Renders well, mostly everything, lightning, DOF etc etc..
    + Recreation of characters are spot on their personalities from original game.

- As mentioned in earlier reviews, right now very linear..
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bawb

Fantastic! I have yet to complete the game from which this is parodied from, however I think that it would be entertaining for someone who has not even heard of the source material. The art is top notch and the animations are very engaging, It uses a few tropes from the H game genre, but not in a tiresome way. If I had to offer something in the way of constructive criticism I would enjoy more control over the game, positions and decisions. 9/10 will play again!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

JokerLeader

A brand new side, on the Life is Strange Game.
    Great story so far, great character development, great visuals and they are very similar to the original game and that's a plus.

The animations on this gmae, is one of the best tha i have seen, character details looks amazing all the renders are really high quality.

I can see this game become one of the best in the future, and it's becoming one of my favorites, can't wait to see the final product.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

archoniq

Interesting spin on the Life is Strange universe.

The pros:
    * Outstanding animations for the genre
    * Great art style
    * Good writing
    * Great use of sound (Dont play this one on mute).

The cons:
    * Extremely linear (Not a single choice out of the very few actually matter)
    * Short (Normal for an in-dev game, heard the dev is back, hopefully this means more content!)

Personally I would say this is deffinitely worth a play, but if you are more into actual gameplay and aren't too fussed about the story, you will probably find yourself a little disappointed. In any case absolutely worth it to check out just for the art. Very well done.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Yng_123

Story itself is pretty intersting, although as for v 0.3 is 100% linear.
    Using cellshade ('cartoonish style') gives all the images unusual, but really cool look.
    The really astonishing feature here is animation.
    It's the best animation I've ever seen in games (and I've seen a lot).
    Not much of content as for v 0.3 but still it will entertain for for at least 1 hour.
    The game definitely worth giving a try.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

smite2001

The game deserves a high rating at this point for a few reasons:
    - the art-style is great. While being overall "game-y", the characters are properly attractive and the style is a nice contrast to the otherwise dominant DAZ 3d models and manga/animu style.

- the story and characters are good. I havent played the original game this one parodies, so i cant say what is "stolen" and what's original, but whats in the game so far is decent enough.

- the animations are awesome. I dont think there are erotic animations that look that natural/realistic in any other games I have played so far.

I hope that there will be steady progress in the future. This is honestly the biggest threat to the game, the good chance that the dev loses momentum and instead of delivering mediocre updates (which would probably still be better than whatever else is being pushed by other devs), will deliver less and less as time goes on.
    If that doesnt happen, "Strange NIghts" could very well become one of the best erotic VNs on this site.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

HashiramaSenju

It's a good start to a series I've loved ever since playing Life Is Strange series. The whole visual novel's aptly done and there's minor flaws that had been corrected. I can't wait to see what will happen in this new reimagination of the Blackwell Academy characters and the poetically psychotic teacher, Mr. Jefferson.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

caravaggio

That's a true gem! I love parodies, this game has a unique art style and the graphics and animations are of an amazing level, but to be honest there are a lot of games with fantastic graphic these days, what makes this absolutely stand out is that it has a story and is very well written, it's so refreshing to read dialogues that actually make sense and are entertaining. The only flaw I can find is that by now is more a kinetic story than a visual novel.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

kenju

What a blast! The rendering style is very close to the original game and look very professional and the animations are amazing. The game is perfect for this kind of parody, by changing only one element, the story we know changes and everything is still coherent.
    This game has a huge potential, I hope the update will be frequent enough!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

MrKenwood

Stunning art and style. Great so far!

Love the natural look, no oversized busts so far, keeping it close to the source.

Story is pretty good, well written and with some genuinely steamy moments with some realism to it. Basic gimmick is that the protagonist removes inhibitions, so characters are written to fit their actions better than most games.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Supaman

even though there isnt much content yet, the art islookin rly good for now. good job with the animations as well, i cant wait to see what they will add in future updates. Really like games that are not just made up of single pictures, makes the action way less satisfying.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

BulletPete

Still doesn't have much content, but the writing and pictures seem excellent.

Plus the story is quite intriguing and i«m really curious to see where the author is gonna take the game in the next chapter. Cant wait.