VN - Others - Completed - Steins;Gate [Final] [5pb]

1. 5.00 star(s)

MusicWolf

Once in a while we get masterpieces like this.
    I won't write a lot because all you need to know is that it's one of best VN you can find, with a lot of content, endings, and dialogues. Also it's about time travelling, which is my stuff, so I can't say anything bad by rules. I spend 41 hr to get 100% and don't regret any minute.
    If you watched anime and think that this game won't be as great because of this you are entirely wrong, even knowing anime I still was interested in plot and characters (thanks WhiteFox for great ecranisation).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

fakeaccount7654321

IMO one of the all-time greats in terms of Sci-Fi and particularly time travel fiction. From endearing and memorable characters, to tragic tearjerkers, this has got it all. Kept me on the edge of my seat right until the end. If you jerk off to this, you have a problem though.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

choontz

The anime it's based on is a cult classic. I played this game several times through now and found it is even BETTER than the actual anime series. So this is pretty much the definitive and recommended way to experience Steins;Gate at this point, if you're new to it. Just start with this.

It is like a full-range workout for your emotional and spiritual spheres, and the encounter changed my life by making me realize something very important that cannot be written down in words. but Steins;Gate delivers it by giving you this emotional "work-out" and a captivating story.

The beginning part may seem bland to some people. Just relax into it, and stick with it, what follows is well worth it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5579550

SPOILER-FREE Review

THE CRITICS DONT LIE.

This is an absolute masterpiece. I dont want to spoil so ill just say this, If you watched the anime and want to play this but feel sceptical, play it anyways. I watched the anime 2 years ago before playing this visual novel and wow this was quite the ride.

BUT my main advice is this;Play blindly for your first playthrough and then use a guide to reach the true end. there are 6 difrent endings and 1 True end. Your chances of reaching the TRUE END on your first try without a guide is low.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dadaism

I don't know why this game is here, but I'll take it as a sign to read it again.
    If the "no sexual content" tag is discouraging you, understandable. But if you can look past that and are looking for a very solid VN to read, give this one a try!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Thantoast

Dropping this review because seeing a mastahpiece like Steins Gate without a 5-star rating was disgusting to behold.

Seriously, this game is a fuckin' mastahpiece, and it's because every aspect of this game is either brilliantly executed, or just flat-out solid.

The plot is extremely interesting because it takes a concept like time travel, which I feel has never been properly executed in anime, and does it justice, It touches on the physics and the consequences that being able to travel through time would entail.

The characters are unforgettable, and the music, while not necessarily bangers, sets the mood very well. When it comes to being a good visual novel, this game has those bases covered.
    What I love the most about this game is how educational it was and how it explored the idea that being able to go back in time can corrupt an individual.

Solid-ass game and I highly recommend playing it, despite the lack of sexual content and all that. If you can't be bothered to play the VN, try giving the anime a go; its got a sub and a dub!