Steam in trouble ?

I_like_Boobs

Jun 12, 2019
well just a tought i had since in the past few days i came around a few games which got rule sevend here before ( which im not questioning it's validity here) but just want to point that out and ask you guys,

do you think steam is dipping in some kind of hot water or do they just not care ?

games in questions are

(eventulelly got approved)

"konoha"
Basicly any game by E-made+

and so on

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Is your question about the rape or the loli content?
Either way, Steam games usually doesn't have the more risque stuff, it's not included in the steam files, you'd need to download a content patch from outside of Steam.
If you go to the discussion segment of the game's Steam page, you can even see it being talked about.
It's basically like the VN "Incest-Patches" to circumvent Patreon rulings.

I_like_Boobs

Jun 12, 2019
Basically both, I mean it is mind boggling that steam can sell such products without a public outcry (all you need to do is get a patch), while sites like DL are frowned upon and labeled as cesspool

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Basically both, I mean it is mind boggling that steam can sell such products without a public outcry (all you need to do is get a patch), while sites like DL are frowned upon and labeled as cesspool
Well, it's been years that you can buy a Fallout or The Elder Scroll game on steam, then add a mod that let you rape NPC, kill children, and even rape children. It's not really different, except that here the mod is named "patch" because officially made by the dev.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
It's strange you didn't draw any comparison to Patreon which will ban you for content and actions outside of Patreon. Why is it that Valve doesn't care about that but Patreon does?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
It's strange you didn't draw any comparison to Patreon which will ban you for content and actions outside of Patreon. Why is it that Valve doesn't care about that but Patreon does?
I'm guessing because Valve has enough capital, connections and market share to tell payment processors to fuck off when they make demands?

Well, it's been years that you can buy a Fallout or The Elder Scroll game on steam, then add a mod that let you rape NPC, kill children, and even rape children. It's not really different, except that here the mod is named "patch" because officially made by the dev.
Wh...I..how do you know this? You seem to speak with so much authority and said this with so much conviction that....hmm...

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Wh...I..how do you know this? You seem to speak with so much authority and said this with so much conviction that....hmm...
How do you not know this? (if your tone was entirely light jesting at him disregard)

like this is nothing new to anyone that's played mainstream video games for the past 10 years; everyone knows skyrim and falloutNV/4 have massive mod libraries.
You're not talking about the discord stuff are you? Because that's not outside of patreon if they facilitated the connection.

Anyway, to answer the question - 1) like Icarus said above the scale is nowhere comparable. 2) In my own estimation Steam's primary market demographic is less removed from this stuff than Patreon's - Patreon has a greater desire to market itself as the 'Wholesome Arts and Crafts and Guitar lessons' or whatever may have you platform.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Wh...I..how do you know this?
Well, I know that they are on Steam because I have those games in my Steam library.
I know that you can rape NPC because I have an account on loverslab, where the most advanced sex mods for those games are available. And I know that there's "make children killable" mods because I've seen some.
As for the rapeable children, it's something different. I modded for those games and know that when the "is a child" flag is lowered (what make children killable) it become impossible for a mod to differentiate them from any other NPC. Therefore, if you couple the two mods, children become rapeable, whatever you want it or not.

You seem to speak with so much authority and said this with so much conviction [...]
Oh, did I used my "catch all the chicks" voice again ? Sorry, it wasn't for you.

Mar 29, 2021
External patch aside, which does not 100% guarantee that the game will pass on Steam anyway, because even some titles published by Kagura were later removed despite the external patch, although, in this case, I must also admit that the doubt about a possible, legal or whatsoever, problem between publisher and developer cannot be excluded as a possible cause of the removal.
Anyway, let's not forget that if a game is enlisted on Steam, and has a page visible to the public, does not mean that these game then will pass the final check at the time of actual release for sale, there have been games available for wishlisting for years and then banned when they should have been released, the last one that comes to mind is Light of My Life, or Mist and many others.
I am of the opinion that, patch aside, the title in question could still be removed from the store before release, or maybe even after if it will be reported by too many people about it's full content, something I think is happened to Virt-a-Mate, and maybe to some other games too.

Last edited:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Either way, Steam games usually doesn't have the more risque stuff, it's not included in the steam files, you'd need to download a content patch from outside of Steam.
Steam carries my game and as well, so it has the risque stuff all right. They are supposed to be super sensitive about lolis, though.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Steam carries my game and as well, so it has the risque stuff all right. They are supposed to be super sensitive about lolis, though.
That's why I wrote:
Steam games usually doesn't have the more risque stuff
;)

Also your game doesn't have the loli tag here on F95zone, so I doubt Steam considers the dwarf/gnome/midget in your game as a loli either.

Reactions: Doorknob22