Started making a game a few months ago ..

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I'm wonder if I should release it here just for critique. I'm very new to Daz etc but I'm wondering what people will think of it. It's still very raw and only a few minutes long. Should I bother, I don't fancy getting ripped to pieces lol, or leave it till I have done more?

Basically a game set on space after the earth became near uninhabitable. The MC (a very competent engineer and scientist) snook onto an ark ship and slept in a cryo tube. There is a disaster on the ship and only a few female crew members awakened.

When he awakens he sees a woman being spanked as punishment and is knocked by another crew member and locked in a jail. Where he has to undergo lots of tasks to prove his worth to the crew and the captain.

I do have more and I actually have most of the story in my head mapped out.

It's going to include lots of domination, spanking and other related fetish's.

View attachment Nurse_medbay4 - Copy.webp
View attachment spk_by_soldier4.webp woman_punished_3.png

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I'm wonder if I should release it here just for critique. I'm very new to Daz etc but I'm wondering what people will think of it. It's still very raw and only a few minutes long. Should I bother, I don't fancy getting ripped to pieces lol, or leave it till I have done more?
Another option might be to create a thread and give a brief overview of the game and post some of the images to get some critique. I'm not sure if posting it as a game/demo would be worth it if it's only a few minutes.

Reactions: blapper21

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I'm not home at the moment but it's basically a game set on space after the earth became near uninhabitable. The MC (a very competent engineer and scientist) snook onto an ark ship and slept in a cryo tube. There is a disaster on the ship and only a few female crew members awakened.

When he awakens he sees a woman being spanked as punishment and is knocked by another crew member and locked in a jail. Where he has to undergo lots of tasks to prove his worth to the crew and the captain.

I do have more and I actually have most of the story in my head mapped out.

It's going to include lots of dominantion, spanking and other related fetish's.

I'll try and get some images in soon.

• Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
It is always hard to know when to release the first version of your game. But if you are looking for feedback you could make a thread for you game like get out of my lab suggested or post your artwork to the Daz thread. It is always hard to put your work out there. From what I've seen people can be critical but usually are constructive in their criticism. Most people want to help you get better.

Btw my first project was 10m total just as a try-out and to know what I should not do in my next project.

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
It is always hard to know when to release the first version of your game. But if you are looking for feedback you could make a thread for you game like get out of my lab suggested or post your artwork to the Daz thread. It is always hard to put your work out there. From what I've seen people can be critical but usually are constructive in their criticism. Most people want to help you get better.

Btw my first project was 10m total just as a try-out and to know what I should not do in my next project.
My daz artwork is ok but it's mainly just morphs of other characters really.

I'll try and get a few images out soon as I get a bit of time at the computer.

Thank you for the advice though

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
My daz artwork is ok but it's mainly just morphs of other characters really.

I'll try and get a few images out soon as I get a bit of time at the computer.

Thank you for the advice though
Well isn't that most peoples Daz artwork haha. But there is lots to learn about lighting posing etc. Two people with the exact same character, clothing, set and prompt can make a vastly different piece.

Reactions: FromOtherSpace

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Well isn't that most peoples Daz artwork haha. But there is lots to learn about lighting posing etc. Two people with the exact same character, clothing, set and prompt can make a vastly different piece.
Probably lol I have only just started experimenting with three point lighting and some of the renders impressed me. But with that and posing i still have some way to go.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
You should have at least thirty or so minutes of playtime before releasing, otherwise you'll get a ton of comments and poor reviews on its length.

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
You should have at least thirty or so minutes of playtime before releasing, otherwise you'll get a ton of comments and poor reviews on its length.
Thanks, I'll try and aim for that. I really enjoy making it, it's a game about my fetishes lol what's not to like. I work full time and have two young kids so time is my enemy.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I think your artwork looks good overall. Please note the feedback could change when viewed in the context of the game.

The biggest improvement you can make is framing. There is a lot of empty space around the characters. While not always a bad thing (it can make a character feel small for instance) it needs doing on purpose. Look out for cutting off head/hands/feet. Again when done on purpose it can be good. Make sure your characters always have a little emotion. Last is to make sure a character is always looking at something. Eyes in the middle look dead.

Her is an idea of how I would frame this image for instance.
1688161644196.png

• Red Heart

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I think your artwork looks good overall. Please note the feedback could change when viewed in the context of the game.

The biggest improvement you can make is framing. There is a lot of empty space around the characters. While not always a bad thing (it can make a character feel small for instance) it needs doing on purpose. Look out for cutting off head/hands/feet. Again when done on purpose it can be good. Make sure your characters always have a little emotion. Last is to make sure a character is always looking at something. Eyes in the middle look dead.

View attachment 2735845
Brilliant advice, thank you.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
These don't look bad. I agree with the input the others have provided. But also, they look grainy. Not sure what kind of hardware you're working with, so that might not be something you can fix, but maybe try some post denoiser with more iterations (will take longer, but makes the image look cleaner).

Also, I'm very new to Daz, myself, so... this is far from an expert opinion.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Those black marks/lines you're seeing on your characters' foreheads are caused by improper fitting hair assets. Look under the parameters tab for each hair asset and you'll see sliders to adjust the fit. You'll need to play around with those sometimes when your model changes pose.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Brilliant advice, thank you.
Just to echo GNVE who gave some (as usual) very good advice, composition can change everything about how a render looks. From depth/distance to movement to even mood in some cases.

A shot that could be considered similar to your own:

ezgif-4-ea7e374442.jpg

The rock in front and behind him are there to convey distance and depth, while also filling in the picture and giving the viewer an idea of how big/small the area is. The vague depth of field is to give focus to the character on the screen. And while his legs are cut off, the idea of movement is still implied by his left (your right) thigh. And again, the eyes. See how his eyes are focused on ahead and not at the camera? That should apply here as she looks like she's creeping around, which might also call for some hesitance/fear in her expression/eyes.

I'm not sure if it's the lighting or if they were rendered separately, but your characters looks a touch separated from the background. Some touching up on the lighting and perhaps some depth of field would help that a bit.

Reactions: blapper21 and GNVE

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

View attachment 2735845
Anyway, i am not sure if i am right but it looks like the environmental light is flushing in. Makes it unrealistic if this is a shaceship.
It also has no dramatic effect.
Not sure about the framing. It could be ok for a scene. Maybe add, depending on the story, some NPC's that run with her.
There are some space suits. This clothing looks a little out of place for me.

For emotions, use the build in powerpose. You can make her look somewhere else or change the emotion of the face with the brows.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Anyway, i am not sure if i am right but it looks like the environmental light is flushing in. Makes it unrealistic if this is a shaceship.
It also has no dramatic effect.
Not sure about the framing. It could be ok for a scene. Maybe add, depending on the story, some NPC's that run with her.
There are some space suits. This clothing looks a little out of place for me.

For emotions, use the build in powerpose. You can make her look somewhere else or change the emotion of the face with the brows.
That is why I said depending on the story framing may change. Let's say this is the protagonist and the story is a lone marine on a large spaceship looking for an intruder a la Aliens. I might zoom out even more. Make her look smaller. Put on a different pose (sideways rather then frontal). (Not unlike the image from MissFortune.)
Speaking of marines the outfit could work (though as AON said: Either go full green or white cammo)

Lighting can be improved yes but is for later. Lighting can be quite finnicky and difficult. I tried to go for easy wins first :)

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
That is why I said depending on the story framing may change. Let's say this is the protagonist and the story is a lone marine on a large spaceship looking for an intruder a la Aliens. I might zoom out even more. Make her look smaller. Put on a different pose (sideways rather then frontal). (Not unlike the image from MissFortune.)
Speaking of marines the outfit could work (though as AON said: Either go full green or white cammo)

Lighting can be improved yes but is for later. Lighting can be quite finnicky and difficult. I tried to go for easy wins first :)
Oh you telling me. Lighting is a bitch.
It was just something that reminded me on my first renders.

I don't know much about the story but i felt that a space uniform would probably look better. This looks more jungle combat. If it's space, camouflage doesn't work well. But, i don't know to setting or story.

Farming. I am really not sure. Maybe DOF would make a difference? It would high light the character even if the rest is kind of empty.