Mod Ren'Py Star Channel 34 Platinum Mod Ep 11

zekameka

Aug 4, 2018
you mean like when you equip the girl a costume and then talk to her and she give her reaction to it ?
like when you equip her slut outfit and she say "that's my prostitute outfit..."

yes, its possible. its just a bit problem that need to be made for each separate outfit, or... can change it but she will say that everytime you equip the outfit that take this slot.

its perfectly possible
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(sorry for my shitty english XD )

in fact its extremly simple and did not require any knowledge in ren'py.

for who want to change dialogs in the game. where how to do it simply :

- extract game file with Unren (or else)
- go in "game" folder
- find the file named "talk" (exemple : "lol_talks.rpy")
- open that file with notepad++
- search for the corresponding sentence (exempl : search for "hate" and browse you should find the sentence "i hate this outfit" with the corresponding outfit name on top (Akabur is very organised person), this is for the pink dress outfit.
- replace that text with whatever you want and save.
- restart game and enjoy the change.

/!\ dont touch anything else than the dialogs, overwise you have high chance to broke the game /!\

!!!! i cant figure out where are April lines for that, they seems to have been placed somewhere on others girls lines !!!!
OOhhh, the screens you added are exactly what i am talking about. Are they a part of the mod?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
OOhhh, the screens you added are exactly what i am talking about. Are they a part of the mod?
no, i made them to show an exempl :). you can do it like i explained.

i would like to inclued that kind of thing with my mods, but that would make a custom script for each girls everytime and i dont have the time :/

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
just get bored a bit, soo i did a random stuff for fun.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i can add the text line too. but that would require a bit more complex installation as each outfit get his own text line :/ . soo i think you should just add your own like i explained before. overwise, it will be a real pain in ass to get what you want as its NOT possible to mix multiples text lines wheni nstalling multiples different outfit.
(each outfit have its own text line, but all the lines are on the same script, wich mean, if you instal a custom outfit with line you will get the outfit and the line, but installing another custom outfit with text line will overwrite the other text line.

ashelin 2B + text line = you got outfit + text
then if you instal another Ashelin outfit (even if it replace another one and still let the 2B one) with text line = that will overwrite the old text line. unless both text line are on the same script. wich make millions of possibilities between each outfit. and NO WAY i m gonna do that XD

WhytShadow

May 20, 2018
macadam is right.

I tried to edit whole events but Akabur has coded some stuff in a really weird way.
And I couldnt even find April's pajama dialogues.
Honestly it too much of a pain in the ass and right now, only what macadam suggested doing, makes sense.
The replacing 1 dialogue thing.
Still, if I get some free time, ill try remaking atleast 1 whole event. Lets see!

zekameka

Aug 4, 2018
macadam is right.

I tried to edit whole events but Akabur has coded some stuff in a really weird way.
And I couldnt even find April's pajama dialogues.
Honestly it too much of a pain in the ass and right now, only what macadam suggested doing, makes sense.
The replacing 1 dialogue thing.
Still, if I get some free time, ill try remaking atleast 1 whole event. Lets see!
Yeah, i got it. Really waiting for your custom event :) Any spoilers? I sure hope it will include Ashelin :D

Lets make a petition to ask akabur to make the game easier moddable, so that community can add more outfits, events, etc etc and not conflict with future updates.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, i got it. Really waiting for your custom event :) Any spoilers? I sure hope it will include Ashelin :D

Lets make a petition to ask akabur to make the game easier moddable, so that community can add more outfits, events, etc etc and not conflict with future updates.
no need.
Akabur will refuse. he was pretty clear with me, he is ok if we mod the game like we want, but he wont take any responsability or anything relative to modding.
he already have enougth work with the vanilla game, no time for him to waste some on modding stuff. its all up to us.
in other words, we can mod whatever we want on the game. But we need to let Akabur out of this, for his own sake.

but its obvious that the more the game grow, the better it will be to mod. i m sure of this :p

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, in 20 years or so, when next update will come, it will be :)
the more outfits put by akabur = the more easy to add some new ones

game doesnt have all the girls yet, they are still some that will come (100% sure)

i'll check if i can create and add new chars on the game, same as new outfit with no limit.
even tho i dont have the drawing talent of akabur, its easy to make that.
but the thing is, that will broke at every update , if the specific script is modifyed (but i can crete my own separatly).
as for the custom chars, its possible, its easy. but they wont have long story and all because that's the biggest part of the game.
i dont mean replace actual chars with new ones, i really mean adding new ones in addition.
Akabur script is not too hard to read and modify. but he really LOVE to use "elif" and others choices matters on absolutly everything he do XD. wich make his whole script kind of a mess to link parts each others.

also, if someone is interrested, you can translate the whole game in your language by using same way. just with notepad++, just find the text lines and translate them.
that's what i do in french, but of course, i added my own little "touch" of naughty and humoristic in it :D

zekameka

Aug 4, 2018
the more outfits put by akabur = the more easy to add some new ones

game doesnt have all the girls yet, they are still some that will come (100% sure)

i'll check if i can create and add new chars on the game, same as new outfit with no limit.
even tho i dont have the drawing talent of akabur, its easy to make that.
but the thing is, that will broke at every update , if the specific script is modifyed (but i can crete my own separatly).
as for the custom chars, its possible, its easy. but they wont have long story and all because that's the biggest part of the game.
i dont mean replace actual chars with new ones, i really mean adding new ones in addition.
Akabur script is not too hard to read and modify. but he really LOVE to use "elif" and others choices matters on absolutly everything he do XD. wich make his whole script kind of a mess to link parts each others.

also, if someone is interrested, you can translate the whole game in your language by using same way. just with notepad++, just find the text lines and translate them.
that's what i do in french, but of course, i added my own little "touch" of naughty and humoristic in it :D
Same with me. I cant draw at all, but i am a software developer.

The thing that was bugging me for some time now, is to make a community developed open-source game. Something similar to star channel 34. So that everybody could add content. Who can draw would draw, who can code can code. Imagine such a game with so much content for every fetish.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Same with me. I cant draw at all, but i am a software developer.

The thing that was bugging me for some time now, is to make a community developed open-source game. Something similar to star channel 34. So that everybody could add content. Who can draw would draw, who can code can code. Imagine such a game with so much content for every fetish.
its like the sims. but in 2D XD

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i dont understand what you say :/ (my shitty english)

anyway, just saying, i take a delay on release new stuff. reason is the next udpate will come out pretty soon (normally) and i also work on my own game in a huge update soooo, i dont have much time on my pc for now (can't do it when rendering)
but dont worry, will be back with cool shit when akabur update the game , he maybe will add some news stuff on it that can be interresting to check for modding :D

Reactions: zekameka

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
With ren'py if you replace images using the override feature of the /game/ folder you only need the changed images, not every image for the character.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
With ren'py if you replace images using the override feature of the /game/ folder you only need the changed images, not every image for the character.
it should work yes if you put them in a folder path that are similar to what's inside the archive.
in fact, you just need the modded files and put them in a created "game" folder with correct path in it for each files. like in any windows program.
still i recommend to extract the whole "game" folder first, just to have the correct path already done and replacing files. it also help for the files that doesnt have the correct name soo you can know the correct name more easily without errors.
(as i made lots of stuff, i dont give them correct name all time because its very confusing for me, soo i just random named them and the peoples who use them NEED to rename them with correct name, wich is more easy to get if you already extracted the "game" archive.)

but if you know what you do, then yes, just use classic way by copy only the modded files into the good folder path will work, no need the whole files from the archive. (lots of them are not usefull anyway, and as long you keep the original archive.rpa in the game it work great just by replacing the file inside with new added stuff)

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
What you suggest is actuallymore confusing for the general user, personally I can adjust.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
What you suggest is actuallymore confusing for the general user, personally I can adjust.
i dont think.
once extracted, the files are all already in good place. peoples just need to replace them as they like. they can also see the thumbnail of each and have clear idea of wich one they replace (or looking at them with classic image viewer software such as windows already have)

i dont see where this is more confusing.. but i guess my absolutly shitty english make it confusing :/

its exactly like unpacking every renpy game just to see the CGs, and then replace the one you want with modded ones (and rename them with same name). cant be more confusing imho.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Typically mods like yours are distributed in a manner where they can be dropped in and used, or contain a disclaimer (especially with mismatched file names and an expectancy of everyone using extracted data).

You have to keep in mind that most users won't be extracting the CG to see them, given others do that and put them up for them to view usually.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Typically mods like yours are distributed in a manner where they can be dropped in and used, or contain a disclaimer (especially with mismatched file names and an expectancy of everyone using extracted data).

You have to keep in mind that most users won't be extracting the CG to see them, given others do that and put them up for them to view usually.
i just recommend that. that not mean its mandatory to be made. its just to avoid searching hours for know the name of files to replace :/

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
salut a tous ! question peu être de jas demande , ya t il une trad française ?
"Hi everybody! Question may be demand, is there a French (translation)?"

Letting you know before someone else does, that the mods here maintain an English-only board. Ceci est un site uniquement anglais.