Unity Spire of Slime - Demo out now! [Development Thread]

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Our newest progress report is available on our , and .

We also now have an estimated release schedule, also available on any of the social media above: , .

Reactions: TheDevian

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Here's our bi-weekly progress report and update on release schedule as well.

You can interact with the devs on our public discord server:

1664490201995.png

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
We managed to solve our issues with , anyone may now see our public posts without the need to create an account or login. However, from now on we will only post sexual content in our .

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
We released an alpha build for our testers which contains a lot of the content the public demo build will have (though not all of it!).

Supporters of "Apple" ($7) tier or above and contributors have access to it.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
The second alpha build was released for our testers.

This build was focused on:
  • Polishing the combat
  • Fixing the bugs that prevented the local map (dungeon system) from working
  • Polishing the UI
  • Adding player progression (level up, increase stats, get new perks and skills)
  • Various details and small polishes

Supporters of "Apple" ($7) tier or above and contributors have access to it.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
The demo is now available to the public!
Check our public post on .
It's also available on our

Lady_Claire

Jul 5, 2017
demo is good, game looks of interest and look forward to seeing how it goes moving forward definitely of interest to me and like the mechanics you've got in place currently.

do have one comment that might make things better for QoL though. the debuff indicator/animation. would probably be nice if the animation for it was sped up some or if it was only displayed once when statuses are applied rather than for each one that gets added. cause having the first attack is a crit perk, with the 10% down on all stats when you crit perk, and the two target sweep attack gives debuffs perk means you have to sit through 8 debuff notifications for each of the two enemies if you use that to start out the fight (which it is usually smart to do when facing multiple enemies).

Reactions: Houtamelo

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
demo is good, game looks of interest and look forward to seeing how it goes moving forward definitely of interest to me and like the mechanics you've got in place currently.

do have one comment that might make things better for QoL though. the debuff indicator/animation. would probably be nice if the animation for it was sped up some or if it was only displayed once when statuses are applied rather than for each one that gets added. cause having the first attack is a crit perk, with the 10% down on all stats when you crit perk, and the two target sweep attack gives debuffs perk means you have to sit through 8 debuff notifications for each of the two enemies if you use that to start out the fight (which it is usually smart to do when facing multiple enemies).
Thanks for the feedback - our plan is to roll out a QoL feature that fixes this problem on the next content update (could take 1 - 2 months to arrive).

Here's a mildly amusing fact: the debuff notifications did appear at the same time on the game's earlier builds - I removed it since I was afraid players would miss out on them because of that. I'll revert it on the next hotfix.

The QoL feature will be an option on the pause menu that lets you chose if the combat timer should wait for the text cues to disappear. (currently it's forced to wait)