• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 39 Votes

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
Do you use URM or the like? That is known to interfere with the data structures for some reason in my game.
This issue was reported once before and it was URM in that case.
The map out to be available on the very first day after the quest triggers it...
IDK what urm is, so no i don't think i use it. Anyways, fun game! Bit opaque, i made a lot of progress but now ive been stuck for a while because i don't have a weapons system or shields. It tells me to see the pirates, i'm thinking they are at planet Taneris? But like I said, i don't see a way to get shields or weap systems.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
IDK what urm is, so no i don't think i use it. Anyways, fun game! Bit opaque, i made a lot of progress but now ive been stuck for a while because i don't have a weapons system or shields. It tells me to see the pirates, i'm thinking they are at planet Taneris? But like I said, i don't see a way to get shields or weap systems.
The Pirate quest trigger is the Botlab on Deck 2. make a bot or two and eventually you'll get an illegal one(IQ 140 or higher, see walkthrough), that triggers the Pirate Outpost Quest and after that you go for bounties / arm your ship :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stev1

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
The Pirate quest trigger is the Botlab on Deck 2. make a bot or two and eventually you'll get an illegal one(IQ 140 or higher, see walkthrough), that triggers the Pirate Outpost Quest and after that you go for bounties / arm your ship :)
I got the genius bot, i think i have that quest already. Or will it still not trigger till its value is over the 100k mark? Struggling to get this ones value up, probably gonna have to get more parts and start a new one.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I got the genius bot, i think i have that quest already. Or will it still not trigger till its value is over the 100k mark? Struggling to get this ones value up, probably gonna have to get more parts and start a new one.
Yes, that is a double condition (after all its consider to be a bit valuable and used as a bribe).
  • With low grade parts (subpar and or generation one) it can be a bit of a challenge to get one, but with higher grade (advanced or mil) and gen 2 they should easily meet this level. Just farm a few crates (high yield asteroids) or buy them cheaply from the scrap trader.
  • You can also rollback the crates when you open them if you want to get some better stuff at unpacking.
  • Bots get more valuable if they are trained and have some add-ons that increase their skills. In later game they can range up to 50 Mil a piece and are a good source of income
  • You can swap out some parts for better ones to up that value of your bot
  • Please note that completed bots stored in the lab may have an escape rating > 0 (especially high intelligence or devious ones). Store them incompletely to avoid their escape
There is a quite lengthy appendix in the walkthrough (OP) with more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: sweetit and Stev1

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
How do you obtain "Elite" bot parts
Also "Mystery Cube" ?
I'd appreciate any advice. I'm trying to figure out an easy way of obtaining other bot shells. Anyone got any advice aside from Console Commands?

Arheme

Aug 23, 2021
Also "Mystery Cube" ?
I'd appreciate any advice. I'm trying to figure out an easy way of obtaining other bot shells. Anyone got any advice aside from Console Commands?
I found elite bots and parts in Quthor space only if you loot a protector bot and the mystery cube in the void wich vee discovers sometimes.

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Also "Mystery Cube" ?
The new high end premium Seductress Shell with random Stat and attribute boosts is found in loot bots in quthor asteroid belt

Elite parts from the auctioneer on Quthor and sometimes on a Seductress loot bot

Mystery cubes from the void mining, from derelict wreck loot site in The Quarry and from travelling vault ships in NX010

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
Something must be fubar'd by using the Jump To function on a new game then, Quthor Station (where I'm assuming the Auctioneer is) has been Quarantined.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Mysterie cubes can also be aquired from investing in space explorations

And I found Elite Parts to be more regular on protector shells rather than Golden Seductress (Though that one has ahigher chance for Elite Addon parts)
Something must be fubar'd by using the Jump To function on a new game then, Quthor Station (where I'm assuming the Auctioneer is) has been Quarantined.
Need to wait a few days, it's likely right after delivering the antidote, they need time to confirm it's effectiveness and release it to the masses... try sleeping in for 3 days.
The Auctioneer can also only be found in the area of 75%-100% Engine reach

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The Auctioneer is a space encounter in zones 50-100

Which start point did you choose?

HG

Sep 12, 2016
Space Journey X [v1.30.15] - Android Port

Android: 146 MB

Download:

Pixeldrain: Pixeldrain
HexUpload:
Hi there,

Your port has sadly two problems (as far as I could play).

One, the mining mini game requires you to use the space bar as well as the directional keys, so you cannot progress into the game at all.

Two, this is a minor one. The character picture during conversation hide a good chunk of the conversation.

Hope this feedback help to improve the port.

Thanks&BR, HG

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
Ok so I figured out the Auctioneer (5M per shell is kinda ouch.)

But I can't get Quthor to unquarantine, I slept in a week and nothing. Just Gamma Radiation warnings
I chose the most current content update when I picked Jump To.

Also. How many "versions" of the various bot shells are there. Per Unique Shell? I've found two variants of the Krell Slave Girl Shell so far.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Ok so I figured out the Auctioneer (5M per shell is kinda ouch.)

But I can't get Quthor to unquarantine, I slept in a week and nothing. Just Gamma Radiation warnings
I chose the most current content update when I picked Jump To.

Also. How many "versions" of the various bot shells are there. Per Unique Shell? I've found two variants of the Krell Slave Girl Shell so far.
Thanks for the info. Will look into it if it is an resume init issue I'll post a patch tomorrow.
EDIT: Checked resume point Day 110. Works fine to land on Quthor Station:
screenshot0008.jpg

As to the shells, the auctioneer has five elite shell types

Last edited:

cwsfw132

Apr 5, 2021
I can't find an Underverse AddOn on Vaultships in The Quarry for a week, only Underverse Plating and Mysterious Cube drop out. Vaultship "PSYCHONAUT and "FOR HER LIGHT" met and made a choice. The Mysterious Cube is not spent from the backpack when I search Vaultships.

I started the game on day 110, now it's day 139 and the quarantine at Quthor Station is in effect.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

lazt96

Sep 8, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/03_GAME.rpy", line 137, in script call
    call sandbox() from _call_sandbox
  File "game/500_navigator/550_sandbox.rpy", line 32, in script call
    call sandbox_interior() from _call_sandbox_interior
  File "game/500_navigator/552_sandbox_interior.rpy", line 567, in script call
    call interact_room(_return[1]) from _call_interact_room
  File "game/600_interact/600_interact_room.rpy", line 1539, in script call
    call mg_sexbot_lab() from _call_mg_sexbot_lab
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 1542, in script call
    call mg_lab_manager() from _call_mg_lab_manager_1
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 366, in script
    python:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 387, in <module>
    rolledPart = part.clone()
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_core_data.rpy", line 1107, in clone
    prefVal = GAME.sbData["prefVal"]
KeyError: u'prefVal'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/03_GAME.rpy", line 137, in script call
    call sandbox() from _call_sandbox
  File "game/500_navigator/550_sandbox.rpy", line 32, in script call
    call sandbox_interior() from _call_sandbox_interior
  File "game/500_navigator/552_sandbox_interior.rpy", line 567, in script call
    call interact_room(_return[1]) from _call_interact_room
  File "game/600_interact/600_interact_room.rpy", line 1539, in script call
    call mg_sexbot_lab() from _call_mg_sexbot_lab
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 1542, in script call
    call mg_lab_manager() from _call_mg_lab_manager_1
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 366, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 387, in <module>
    rolledPart = part.clone()
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_core_data.rpy", line 1107, in clone
    prefVal = GAME.sbData["prefVal"]
KeyError: u'prefVal'

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 130_15b.1
Fri May 10 03:45:32 2024

Help, encounter error in lab manager menu

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I can't find an Underverse AddOn on Vaultships in The Quarry for a week, only Underverse Plating and Mysterious Cube drop out. Vaultship "PSYCHONAUT and "FOR HER LIGHT" met and made a choice. The Mysterious Cube is not spent from the backpack when I search Vaultships.

I started the game on day 110, now it's day 139 and the quarantine at Quthor Station is in effect.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those can be obtained from the repeatable ship found in the asteroid belt in NX-010.
In my case it started to spawn after choosing both a weapon and a shield

Nimos_

Sep 12, 2017
why do i have an error when i try to open a bot crate ? i feel like everything linked to bot parts is buggy (just started a new save)

4.30 star(s) 39 Votes