4.30 star(s) 41 Votes
Feb 5, 2018
yv0751 there is something planned to let open multiple boxes from cargo bay terminal? like liquor or bot parts...
I generally prefer one at a time even when I have a lot of crates. By a lot, I mean when they start clogging up my inventory. The way I playtest I usually end up with a lot of them.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751 there is something planned to let open multiple boxes from cargo bay terminal? like liquor or bot parts...
That would feel a bit awkward as most ppl want to reroll at least high end crates...

I might add "Auto-unpack" Job to Nimhe though for bot crates...

Reactions: zimbono

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
2Nirdaeel you can use OhWee's mod for that

2yv0751 awesome new game developments and art (new vaultship background, evolving combat system, Vee's SSI)
1. can you make guide for combat modding? (custom maps, icons, weapons)
2. would you consider more combat changes? (3-hex, 6-hex enemies, that spawn new enemies instead of spawning hex, 6-hex weapons, even more advanced mine laying system)
3. do you experiment with stable video diffusion? (you told that you experimented with AI pictures, will you use it in SJX?)

• making new maps with existing mobs is quite easy, just 5-6 lines of text, might add that info to the reference guide
  • combat mechanics on the other hand are a b*tch, as I started the hex field combat code as a proof of concept and lazily didn't redesign from scratch but just expanded it as the game grew... integrating stuff like reflective shield damage, energy leech, ... to the weapons was major works n V1.30 for that reason... wouldn't want anyone else to get entangled in that...
  • motherships i thought about but then thought i could as well just clump two or four stationary guardians together (with some spawning tiles...) and added the "plating floating in space" for the precursor maps to indicate it is some kind of vast ship wreck
  • I dabbled a bit with AI, but mostly making concept images with midjourney and then just building the stuff with blender (vaultships, Argus Unit, shield generators, ...)
  • the only parts where I introduced AI as is are some computer screens (lab, bridge, ...) and the landing and starting panorama for Tenaris. The latter sticks out a bit too much art-wise, despite looking good, so I probably wont add more AI imagery as is

Last edited:

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
yes, few examples of battle modding, that would be wonderful

Reactions: yv0751

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
Glad you like the showcased new content so far.

• making new maps with existing mobs is quite easy, just 5-6 lines of text, might add that info to the reference guide
  • combat mechanics on the other hand are a b*tch, as I started the hex field combat code as a proof of concept and lazily didn't redesign from scratch but just expanded it as the game grew... integrating stuff like reflective shield damage, energy leech, ... to the weapons was major works n V1.30 for that reason... wouldn't want anyone else to get entangled in that...
  • motherships i thought about but then thought i could as well just clump two or four stationary guardians together (with some spawning tiles...) and added the "plating floating in space" for the precursor maps to indicate it is some kind of vast ship wreck
  • I dabbled a bit with AI, but mostly making concept images with midjourney and then just building the stuff with blender (vaultships, Argus Unit, shield generators, ...)
  • the only parts where I introduced AI as is are some computer screens (lab, bridge, ...) and the landing and starting panorama for Tenaris. The latter sticks out a bit too much art-wise, despite looking good, so I probably wont add more AI imagery as is
Thats good to hear, AI art seems to always look good at first glance then fall apart after. stick with your stuff its amazing as is :D

Sam2002

Oct 11, 2018
can some one explain to me what I need to do to finish [sabotage the biolab] mission its asking me to infiltrate the krell biolab and install a virus.

SoraAki

Mar 17, 2018
can some one explain to me what I need to do to finish [sabotage the biolab] mission its asking me to infiltrate the krell biolab and install a virus.
read the walkthrough... it exist exactly for this reason
section " Xenos - Getting to Voron Space"

Last edited:

gjp

Sep 13, 2020
Have been playing the latest version and pretty much completed it, it's excellent. However, I am having and issue with missions to the Voron Library, when I arrive I get the message there's nothing for me to do here? This might have been reported already in an earlier post.

Sam2002

Oct 11, 2018
read the walkthrough... it exist exactly for this reason
section " Xenos - Getting to Voron Space"
ok i finished that part now I am stuck on how to get the precursor map fragments from Arellarti and Iltari the walkthrough doesn't say how to get them

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
ok i finished that part now I am stuck on how to get the precursor map fragments from Arellarti and Iltari the walkthrough doesn't say how to get them
The Maps can be gained by defeating the core in the third/final level of each Precursor Junkyard (they have three non repeatable levels in each system). That is indeed not clearly described in the walkthrough ;)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Have been playing the latest version and pretty much completed it, it's excellent. However, I am having and issue with missions to the Voron Library, when I arrive I get the message there's nothing for me to do here? This might have been reported already in an earlier post.
Thanks.
That issue will be fixed in v 1.30.
it was an order of code issue. you could just forfeit the mission as workaround.

Reactions: sweetit and zimbono

M-77

Sep 18, 2017
Fine that you are back. You can use what you have experienced at doctors for game content in a different way, as inspiration. You have more insider knowledge about medicine (wo)mans now. ...I not played Space Journey X since summer 2023 because busy with real live slavedom and other things, but will try again the 1.20.11 version now, because I always liked video games, and gameplay in you project is entertaining. Thank you.

Jimmy Stone

Apr 18, 2022
Really good Game and iam happy Dev is back... :D :D

Release Date:
  • VIP Early Access I // 1.30: 2nd April 2024 (BETA End of March)
  • UpperTier Early Access II // 1.30: 12th April 2024
  • Basic Tier: Official Release // 1.30: 20th April 2024
...I can't wait for it to come out ... ^^

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ahchi

Icefish77

Jan 24, 2023
Is there a way to go in to system NX-010? It says you need to impress a member of the swarm so I gess that is Vee but I have not found a way to do that. I have bin reading through this thread but did not find any advice for that. I might also have missed it so if someone could either point me on the right rout to do that I be greatfull.

bkvodycb

Mar 9, 2017
Is there a way to go in to system NX-010? It says you need to impress a member of the swarm so I gess that is Vee but I have not found a way to do that. I have bin reading through this thread but did not find any advice for that. I might also have missed it so if someone could either point me on the right rout to do that I be greatfull.
NX-010 is coming in the next update (1.30)

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes