• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 39 Votes

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I postponed that as I didn't fully decide into which direction to take it.

Probably have to resolve it with V1.40 (Return Home / Ending Release)
I'm all for pre-determining an end point for a story and working towards it instead of leaving it open ended, ("Lost In Space").

With all that you've learned making this game and all of the work in evolving the characters, will there be a Space Journey X - Part 2 in the future?

(I'm still hoping for the oversexed lizard ladies of Zebulon or maybe even the Wild Women of Wongo, . . . . )

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarin

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I'm all for pre-determining an end point for a story and working towards it instead of leaving it open ended, ("Lost In Space").

With all that you've learned making this game and all of the work in evolving the characters, will there be a Space Journey X - Part 2 in the future?

(I'm still hoping for the oversexed lizard ladies of Zebulon or maybe even the Wild Women of Wongo, . . . . )
There will be only one ending (1.40) and some free-play variation. Afterwards if there is interest I plan to do a few "episodes" covering stuff I didn't want in the main story.

Once those are done by the end of the year I am probably moving to the next project (Some Hermione / Little Witch Academia / Wizarding Story / Working Title: "The College of Magical Things")

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
There will be only one ending (1.40) and some free-play variation. Afterwards if there is interest I plan to do a few "episodes" covering stuff I didn't want in the main story.

Once those are done by the end of the year I am probably moving to the next project (Some Hermione / Little Witch Academia / Wizarding Story / Working Title: "The College of Magical Things")
Just one question for you : Why not keep going with this one? getting bored of it? there is so much more to add to this game, its gold !!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Can anybody tell me what the "Area Effect Module" is for and how to use it?
It creates (additional) area effect damage with the Voron Cannon (present from Zealots or buy from Belit) or the MkII Launcher

Sh4dyW0lf

Mar 14, 2019
yv0751

I really have mixed feelings about v 1.40 , even though I understand that there needs to be some sort of "conclusion" for this project. I also understand the creative need to move on to other interests, and the practical aspect of avoiding burnout.

But I firmly believe that Space Journey X absolutely needs to be available on Steam, and as a "finished" package; because the update process would've been unwieldy at best for that platform. I think it might be far more popular than you can imagine.

I'm curious if there would be a practical way to provide an "ending" that would still allow for the episodes you mentioned to be easily added as DLC (or through the Steam Update process). Perhaps this is what you already have in mind . . .

I regret to admit that I skipped over this title a few times, even though I found the character art rather engaging, because I was doubtful about whether I wanted to deal with the "Combat" and / or "Management" features - both of which frequently are poorly implemented distractions in most AVNs.

Upon actually playing into v 1.20, I found a well-crafted game (in progress) that leaves me unsure of which aspect I prefer the most: the Exploration / Story, Bot crafting, Resource gathering, Space Combat, or Crew "training". I have recommended it to friends / co-workers that are inclined to appreciate AVNs, and their responses have been overwhelmingly positive from both men and women.

Thanks for crafting a great game. No matter what you choose to do next, I'll be following along with interest.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751

I really have mixed feelings about v 1.40 , even though I understand that there needs to be some sort of "conclusion" for this project. I also understand the creative need to move on to other interests, and the practical aspect of avoiding burnout.

But I firmly believe that Space Journey X absolutely needs to be available on Steam, and as a "finished" package; because the update process would've been unwieldy at best for that platform. I think it might be far more popular than you can imagine.

I'm curious if there would be a practical way to provide an "ending" that would still allow for the episodes you mentioned to be easily added as DLC (or through the Steam Update process). Perhaps this is what you already have in mind . . .

I regret to admit that I skipped over this title a few times, even though I found the character art rather engaging, because I was doubtful about whether I wanted to deal with the "Combat" and / or "Management" features - both of which frequently are poorly implemented distractions in most AVNs.

Upon actually playing into v 1.20, I found a well-crafted game (in progress) that leaves me unsure of which aspect I prefer the most: the Exploration / Story, Bot crafting, Resource gathering, Space Combat, or Crew "training". I have recommended it to friends / co-workers that are inclined to appreciate AVNs, and their responses have been overwhelmingly positive from both men and women.

Thanks for crafting a great game. No matter what you choose to do next, I'll be following along with interest.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Great that you enjoyed the game so far.

• V1.40 ending, without saying too much, is either return to Home Galaxy (End Credits with 'Where are they now" Epilogue) or decision to stay (Open Ended Play).
  • The Episodes post 1.40 would connect to the open-ended play decision
  • V1.40 would be a candidate for a Steam Release in a polished version, though I'd need a least one month to jump all the Steam hoops, scrape through it, clean up assets (bought most DAZ I regularly use but probably overlooked a bunch), replace dodgy CC licensed audio, etc... Not sure wether thats worth the effort as Indie Game sales on Steam run out of Steam (pun intended) after the first few days and are buried by countless other games. I'd need at least 5k game sales to make it worth the effort in my view. Questionable.
The episodes post 1.40 will be not DLC (and not developed on Steam) but new releases of "SJX - Extended" (with MV carry over as usual). Would allow me to add some more kinky content (Krell Dome, ...)

Will probably make a poll at Patreon. All Patrons with more than x (5$ or sth) payment will get some free Steam Code for the game D/L if it ever appears there.

Thanks for the suggestions again!

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
:WaitWhat: mmm... guys offtopic here, our beloved F95 has a new step in it's life, an vee wish them well
so where can vee meet again?
itch?

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I'm Larry, and this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl and our other brother Patreon is kept locked up in the basement. Now if we could only wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette and discover it was all a dream, . . .

• Haha
Reactions: MarsUltor

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
:WaitWhat: mmm... guys offtopic here, our beloved F95 has a new step in it's life, an vee wish them well
so where can vee meet again?
itch?

Are the anims done with AI? Great work!

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Lmao, If you been with f95 long enough you knew the announcement was a April fool's joke.

That aside, sad to know the project is wrapping up. Great to hear there is a next project, concerned its going to be a hogwarts/magic academy spoof. Akubar's witch trainer was probably the best, there have been a lot of others since then, each one having the same crowd that follows. Fair warnings, those peeps eat devs for lunch an shite them out before bed, no joke, there a demanding, never happy, complain then insult, type of crowd. Just so ya know if you do decide to go that route with the next project, it may attract them (be aware in large numbers, dont be suprised by 50 to 100 forum pages a week of the same, complaints, insults, arguments, and the sort).

I say this cuase I care, dont wont you being unprepared for what may be, but that's just it may be, to say the least my concern is you getting drained like 90% of the other devs and the end result the ruination of a devs will to keep making it.

Now that that's said. I'll address the elephant of steam. I too seriously think your games are worthy of a steam edition at $$$, you deserve a little more then your patreon pledges give you for your hard work making your games. I say that due to your comment to regularly produce updates with above the standards amount of content.

Anyway, thank you for SJX.

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
2yv0751

Ending video was a present for you. I was too late to change it (remove the sign) before they changed stable video diffusion app, so it is the only version. April fools joke rushed me to post it in the current state :)
And I'm just showing to the community here that these new AI-assistants can really help single/small devs to compete with more funded larger teams.

People like Irith (Seraphine) because she is pretty. They want to keep their precious :devilish:

Etherial

Jun 20, 2018
People like Irith (Seraphine) because she is pretty. They want to keep their precious :devilish:

nude colonies problem has been solved
Now when you say "Nude colonies problem", do you mean the problem is that they weren't nude or...

4.30 star(s) 39 Votes