• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Sound Problems

milltou2000

Aug 7, 2019
I just started trying out these type games. The first one I tried was Last Hope . Well the music works in most of the games but there are a few where no sound works. I have been through my PC front to back and don't know. My regards Windows sounds work fine and movie sounds work fine on my PC
Any Ideas?

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Last Hope uses the Unreal Engine same as Fortnite.
This article might help?

It's a good place to start.
Best of luck.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Let me know - either way.
Should be an easy fix - be easier to help if I knew your motherboard number and Gpu you use.
Just in case its a driver issue?

Ps. - Don't try - Solution 9 – Reset your PC to factory settings - most likely un-needed and you'll lose all the work you put into setting up Win 10 - last resort - hail mary fix - only!!!

Reactions: milltou2000

milltou2000

Aug 7, 2019
Let me know - either way.
Should be an easy fix - be easier to help if I knew your motherboard number and Gpu you use.
Just in case its a driver issue?

Ps. - Don't try - Solution 9 – Reset your PC to factory settings - most likely un-needed and you'll lose all the work you put into setting up Win 10 - last resort - hail mary fix - only!!!
Well I am a bit concerned but did what the guy who wrote the article said because I am out of options. Strange problem for me because I have been building custom desktops for me and.my friends for almost 25 years. I was thinking after the all the trial and error I went through today that it could possibly be some less common sound format that the people who code these games use. That was just a theory though . He had download RESTORI and I cannot stand the scanning programs that supposedly fix all your problems. Doing it we will see!

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Is your sound device Realtek?

milltou2000

Aug 7, 2019
This is what I was I was afraid of. As soon as the scan finished it showed no registry errors, 3 security threats, and 16 Stability Issues. Well as soon I hit the repair button it launches me to their we site to purchase the program. Guess I will have to go back and figure ot out the Old Fashioned way . That's what I am used to doing anyway. I will figure it out, may be 2 weeks bit O will get it. Thank you for trying!

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I am going to send you a PM.

milltou2000

Aug 7, 2019
No mine is onboard like realtek but this is an older machine I had for a while . Going to find out right now exactly what hardware company made this for Intel but I doubt this going to work either because windows sounds divx,
Mkv, a d many other formats play fine on this machine. This is the first problem I have had.