3.40 star(s) 10 Votes

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Not much is actually told in this extremely short visual novel/game introduction... The script text needs a lot more proofreading as well... The character introductions are also extremely short... Nothing is revealed about what this story is actually about at all, because it is so short... Feels more like this is a conceptual test to see if the developer has the basics of a Ren'py game working correctly, and that is it, rather then a story introduction... I did like the look of some of the characters... I went ahead and wrote up an initial review... Perhaps at some later date, if this VN/Game continues development, I might revisit it to see if it has improved and how it's progressing... Have to wait and see...

Reactions: pleiades

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Just so you know you don't have to post to be able to watch a thread all you have to do is go up to the top right hand area and click on the watch thread which is located right under the red stars on the right.

TiDeMooN

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Not much is actually told in this extremely short visual novel/game introduction... The script text needs a lot more proofreading as well... The character introductions are also extremely short... Nothing is revealed about what this story is actually about at all, because it is so short... Feels more like this is a conceptual test to see if the developer has the basics of a Ren'py game working correctly, and that is it, rather then a story introduction... I did like the look of some of the characters... I went ahead and wrote up an initial review... Perhaps at some later date, if this VN/Game continues development, I might revisit it to see if it has improved and how it's progressing... Have to wait and see...
Thanks for the review and we know that there is stuff to fix, its our first time developing a game so don't worry we'll get better at it. Yes, it's short for now, but if you read the comments before, we already stated that it's more of a teaser and that an update is following at the end of this week so I hope you'll like the next update better. :D

Reactions: Zippity
U

User_10739

Dislike the gross photoshop posterize filter on some of the backgrounds while using 3dcg for others. For continuity sake you should stick with one or the other...

hopeless

Oct 29, 2017
This will allow us to buy better equipment for faster rendering and with it faster development. It will also allow us to invest more time in this game.
I don't get these type of goals...

If you've got a day job, then how can you invest more time with the game? Would you quit it? Leave reagulary income for unreagular income? And if you don't have a job and live on welfare you've got bunch of time.

Most of these amature game devs try to get some easy money. And these are mostly alpha 0.1 and 5 minutes. Some generic renderer almost same story. "an ordinary guy must make choices in his life and fuck girls who let him easily do it".
your girlfriend thinks like a dude if she likes this kind of games.

i'm always skeptically and i wished more would be the same. because of hype and "take my money"-mentally this very cool concept of game developing turned into a totally pain in the ass.

TiDeMooN

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
I don't get these type of goals...

If you've got a day job, then how can you invest more time with the game? Would you quit it? Leave reagulary income for unreagular income? And if you don't have a job and live on welfare you've got bunch of time.

Most of these amature game devs try to get some easy money. And these are mostly alpha 0.1 and 5 minutes. Some generic renderer almost same story. "an ordinary guy must make choices in his life and fuck girls who let him easily do it".
your girlfriend thinks like a dude if she likes this kind of games.

i'm always skeptically and i wished more would be the same. because of hype and "take my money"-mentally this very cool concept of game developing turned into a totally pain in the ass.

We don't have a job, we are students, that is why any income is better than none, and if you don't want to donate that's perfectly fine , you'll still be able to play the game, because it's free.

You said "Most of these amature game devs try to get some easy money." did you ever try to make a game, it's not that easy, it takes time working on a story and getting everything together so it fits, and we don't have money to buy better a PC that's why rendering takes a lot of time.

And about "girlfriend thinks like a dude if she likes this kind of games", why would you say that that's not Critique that's just getting mean on a personal level. And what if my girlfriend likes to create this game with me, from my perspective this is awesome, we have fun, laugh , enjoy a common hobby and spend quality time together.

So if you have any Critique about the game I'm happy to hear it and we'll try to fix the tings that bother people, but don't get mean, if you're frustrated about anything go and release that frustration somewhere else.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
A general consideration.
Nobody ask you to support the dev. Moreover we are a pirate site so you will have access at the game for free.
So avoid any personal attack to the dev, please.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for the review and we know that there is stuff to fix, its our first time developing a game so don't worry we'll get better at it. Yes, it's short for now, but if you read the comments before, we already stated that it's more of a teaser and that an update is following at the end of this week so I hope you'll like the next update better. :D
No worries... I understand the massive amount of time and effort that has to be put into these things to get them up and going... It does feel more like a teaser than an introduction, I agree... I wish you all the best of luck and hope it gets better as time progress'... If you have the passion, the drive, the motivation, and the talent to put these things together, then there isn't anything you can't achieve, given the time to do it... Just stick to your guns, make it how you want, take the bad with the good, and keep on truckin'....

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Well, I'm teased and intrigued !
I like this (intro to the) game, looking forward to more content.

Reactions: TiDeMooN

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
I think they wanted to present the game first. Everyone knows what the game is about. Bad pictures, can still be exchanged. That's ok for the start. make it better for yourself. It's not a GTA or State of Decay now loool

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Nice demo and looks promising, only this is rather version 0.0.1 than 0.1.

greywolf73

Sep 28, 2017
We don't have a job, we are students, that is why any income is better than none, and if you don't want to donate that's perfectly fine , you'll still be able to play the game, because it's free.

You said "Most of these amature game devs try to get some easy money." did you ever try to make a game, it's not that easy, it takes time working on a story and getting everything together so it fits, and we don't have money to buy better a PC that's why rendering takes a lot of time.

And about "girlfriend thinks like a dude if she likes this kind of games", why would you say that that's not Critique that's just getting mean on a personal level. And what if my girlfriend likes to create this game with me, from my perspective this is awesome, we have fun, laugh , enjoy a common hobby and spend quality time together.

So if you have any Critique about the game I'm happy to hear it and we'll try to fix the tings that bother people, but don't get mean, if you're frustrated about anything go and release that frustration somewhere else.

gg mate honestly way to not get hostile and be grown up about it you do the male gender proud

3.40 star(s) 10 Votes