anonuser1999

Apr 24, 2021
I wish this VN would be updated with music, sound effects, and dialogues during sex scenes.
I had a blast playing it. Thank you!
Unlikely now that it has been completed and so has the next one after this as well (which does have music).

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700401210539.png
This is something I've tried for update 6. I don't do that many of these nowadays, granted I was focused on getting the initial build out. Although probably going to be a night render this one when it comes to it... Mostly happy how it came, environment needs some work though. Also there is lack of winter clothing that isn't modern. I suppose not revealing enough.

Progress 17.11.2023

Rendering of the initial release is done and so is coding. And thus it has been handed over to proofreading and testing. So as far as the initial release goes, it's in really good shape.

So what shall I do over the weekend? Write, I'll be honest, coding various things has taken a lot of time. I like it, I've gotten better at it, but with how my mind works it isn't necessarily a good thing since when I start something and hit a roadblock I try to solve it before I do anything. And starting coding at 4 in the morning isn't a good idea with that mindset. Then I shall prototype a feature that I thought of last night. It's something that I'll add in the future if I get it to work as I want. If not? Eh, happens. Aaaand I need to add help screen for the icons I use... dang it. And prep the Android and the compressed builds as well.

And speaking of the icons. While they are there to guide (they can be toggled off) they aren't a walkthrough as is. That's a job for Shaddy, whom I might have given a grey hair or fifty with this thing. While they generally can guide you to a positive direction for that particular choice, that isn't always the right choice to make. So, as always, read, and follow your gut (and save often). And yes, the save indicator is also available for choices that can get you killed. None so far, though.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Release: ToaM 0.20
1700684518395.png
Tribulations of a Mage 0.2.0
Changelog:
  • 856 renders, including utility renders and other similar images. Story renders around 800.
  • Added hidden images (3 locations)
  • Initial release of the Codex, it isn't complete. There is a lot more information that needs to be added when the time comes to it.
  • Grammar, spelling, and other fixes (Thanks to Adry, Shaddy, BryonSmothers3DX, and Bread)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Release schedule?
  • $15-Tier (VIP) As soon as I've compiled the release post and tested the links.
    [*]$10-Tier (Magician) 24 hours after the initial release (give or take few minutes)
    [*]$5-Tier (Journeyman) 48 hours after the initial release (give or take few minutes)
    [*]$3-Tier (Apprentice) 72 hours after the initial release (give or take few minutes)
  • Public: 3rd of December or there abouts.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701426886018.png
Tribulations of the Mage... catchy title, no?

Q: Or The Mage?
Talothral A:
It's more of a legal thing. "The Mage" is fairly generic title, and there is a game called "The Mage", and you don't really want to mix what I do with them, so need to look a title that isn't used. With Sorcerer the real title is "Shattered Seals: Sorcerer", just omitted the setting name from when talking about it.

1701426942014.png
Q: Quick question though, is it going to be Tribulation or Tribulations?

Talothral A:
Probably a typo from my part, I generally write these between renders and at times things just get past.. It still can be edited so it isn't that big of a deal. But thanks for pointing it out. And what it ends up being will be seen at the release.

1701426952389.png
Q: You're already talking about Update 8 and the first public release hasn't come out yet?

Talothral A: What can I say? I like writing ahead ;)
1701426959461.png
Q: It's always good to write update in advance?

Talothral A: It also helps to avoid redoing already rendered scenes. Sure fixes are one thing,
but when you are ahead enough you have the buffer that you can edit and add things to
if need be and it doesn't break anyone's saves since it isn't in the game yet.

1701427358131.png
Q: Assuming that Shani is the fairy, she seems to be this games version of Chiel;
primary girlfriend who tries to hook us up with everyone we meet ?

Talothral A: Yes, she is the fairy. But not really like Chiel,
sure she doesn't like if certain characters is treated poorly,
but that's about her extension outside of one particular interaction to the MC relationships.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
View attachment 3132469
Tribulations of the Mage... catchy title, no?

Q: Or The Mage?
Talothral A:
It's more of a legal thing. "The Mage" is fairly generic title, and there is a game called "The Mage", and you don't really want to mix what I do with them, so need to look a title that isn't used. With Sorcerer the real title is "Shattered Seals: Sorcerer", just omitted the setting name from when talking about it.

View attachment 3132471
Q: Quick question though, is it going to be Tribulation or Tribulations?

Talothral A:
Probably a typo from my part, I generally write these between renders and at times things just get past.. It still can be edited so it isn't that big of a deal. But thanks for pointing it out. And what it ends up being will be seen at the release.

View attachment 3132472
Q: You're already talking about Update 8 and the first public release hasn't come out yet?

Talothral A: What can I say? I like writing ahead ;)
View attachment 3132473
Q: It's always good to write update in advance?

Talothral A: It also helps to avoid redoing already rendered scenes. Sure fixes are one thing,
but when you are ahead enough you have the buffer that you can edit and add things to
if need be and it doesn't break anyone's saves since it isn't in the game yet.

View attachment 3132491
Q: Assuming that Shani is the fairy, she seems to be this games version of Chiel;
primary girlfriend who tries to hook us up with everyone we meet ?

Talothral A: Yes, she is the fairy. But not really like Chiel,
sure she doesn't like if certain characters is treated poorly,
but that's about her extension outside of one particular interaction to the MC relationships.
When is the first public release supposed to be?

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Talothral , I'm enjoying your new game, but I wanted to ask you with you have plans to make Sorcerer 2. I just finished it for the second time and I really enjoyed it a lot. Great work, my friend.
He has said in the past that he is going to be rotating 3+ game series/settings and that Sorcerer's setting it most likely one of them.

Reactions: underoath27

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Talothral , I'm enjoying your new game, but I wanted to ask you with you have plans to make Sorcerer 2. I just finished it for the second time and I really enjoyed it a lot. Great work, my friend.
I do have a notebook opened for it... But beyond that? I've said that it is planned to be the next one after ToaM. But like everything that is two years away realistically speaking should be taken with a grain of salt. Two years is two years, a lot of things can happen between now and then. So it is planned, and things are (or have been) being noted down for it while I do stuff for ToaM, and when it is time it will come out assuming things goes as planned. And that's the best answer I can give.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I do have a notebook opened for it... But beyond that? I've said that it is planned to be the next one after ToaM. But like everything that is two years away realistically speaking should be taken with a grain of salt. Two years is two years, a lot of things can happen between now and then. So it is planned, and things are (or have been) being noted down for it while I do stuff for ToaM, and when it is time it will come out assuming things goes as planned. And that's the best answer I can give.
Thank you for your reply. I'm enjoying ToaM a lot, but Sorcerer has a special place in my heart, hahaha.

4.40 star(s) 139 Votes