RPGM - Completed - Sonia and the Hypnotic City [v1.03] [StudioNAZE/Kagura Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Note: My “review” is general overview of a game and with heavy weight on how much I enjoyed it rather than “critical/objective” rating. In another words my “review” is PERSONAL ENJOYMENT + a bit of “critical” rating/comments.

PROs:
    +great art
    +nice detail/effects for eyes
    +A lot of scenes and CG
    +plenty of kinks
    +rather well done hypnosis hentai game (plus items in inventory to know under what effects is character)
    +fair enough corruption course with hypnosis speeding
    +rather enjoyable storytelling/plot
    +very straightforward, simple and essentially a VN

CONs:
    -wasted combat mechanic which I really liked as game is more of a visual novel than game

Comments:
    First things first. I like "natural" corruption much more than anything else. Meaning I'm not exactly fun of hypnosis as it ruins character since their brain is bent towards however hypnosis caster wants the person to be. But anyhow, I did enjoy a lot the slower course of hypnosis that essentially was rather strong blend of corruption and hypnosis. There were plenty damn hot CGs and the method how eventually our FMC started corrupting and drawn towards lust was pretty hot and fun. Although with dirtier end-route, I feel it suddenly picked up the pacing too much....whilst her arousal, dripping hole and perverted mind got drawn towards the "hole" was pretty neat.

Also I did love how there were plenty of scenes where FMC had rather nice details to her eyes.

Long story short. Pretty hot game and managed to enjoy even though I'm not exactly the biggest fan of hypnosis genre. As I'm vanilla fanatic, then anything other than vanilla needs very specific approach for me to enjoy something.

8/10
  2. 1.00 star(s)

xdlmao99

the art is good, but the game itself is very linear. the game just drags you from one event to another and honestly the whole hypnosis thing was so overdone, ya let me just interrupt whatever that was happening to show you the same dogshit dialogue that happened 30 times earlier
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Thant San

This was the best game I have ever played!!! I have cum multiple times from this game since it contains many fetishes that are my favorite such as common sense changing, unable to perceive about sexual things, exhibitionism and many other things. I truly recommend this game to people who like those kind of fetishes. The story is also really pervert and easy to understand. Also the battle system is really interesting since I have never seen a game with such system though I would like the game to add more battles. The art is also amazing that I have nothing to say and also the sound effects when they are having sex also good. The ending was also great as it allows player to choose to not solve this incident and just left the way it is. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game and in the hentai games I have played I would say this was the best in all of them. I would definitely play this game again in the future!!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

Best example on how to do a RPGM VN!

No grind or running around. No repeating scenes and every one is progression and gets utilzed in the following scenes. Mandatory quicktravel to next place of story, if you have visited that place before. Enough opportunity to quicksave. Retry option after defeat. After getting to an ending you automatically can revert back to last story branch.

That is how to do it!

Story is somewhat new with lots of mind control and watersports.

Alltogether with the superb "gameplay" implementation it is easily a five star if you are into corruption and dont like grind!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Cairne

It has a pretty great story and pictures, also rewards you for winning with the losing hentai scene, which is too rare in such games ! I would recommend it, there are some watersport scenes but it's very tame.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

lemon10

Tons of hot mind control of various types. It has some fetishes I'm not a huge fan on, but its great.

Note that you don't actually have very much control over the character at all despite it technically being a game and that there is only a single path.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

el_pelufo

The art is really nice and the story is average, but it has a fatal flaw in my opinion: There are no real choices, you are forced to go and do whatever the game says.
    This'd have been better if it was a visual novel rather than an RPGM game, there is too much useless walking and no real exploration. The combat is railroaded too.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Rizo

Didn't think much when I saw this posted but it turned out to be great! Yes it's shorter than your average h-game, but the good thing is this isn't one of those games where the cg's are repeated. The art is nice, yea there is a little bit more piss play than I'd like but to each thier own. I reccomend this game highly!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

StoneForest05

This is such a good game. you don't have to worry on missing any h-scenes because it's like a VN/ RPG game. the art style was good and translation was good, although it doesn't give you much freedom in certain scenes. I wish the other games of this maker will also be available.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Swallows999

I want to first emphasize that this game features phenomenal art and varied hypnosis / altered common sense content. The developers will not waste any of your time. (as a side note, the combat is actually interesting to me, which is quite different than usual) If you like mind control, particularly the altered common sense sub-fetish, than this is a must-play.

This game would have been 5 stars, but. . . strangely enough, I felt that the story was actually too linear and railroaded. I've complained before about other games that meander around with nonsense, but this game went a bit extreme in the opposite direction, even for my tastes.

To give you an example- many times you cannot access any other areas of the city other than your current quest. When you do complete the goal, get the scene, whatever, the game actually sometimes teleports you to the next area of the objective. Convenient sometimes, but over-usage and other elements make this RPGM game feel more like a visual novel or story. I appreciate the sentiment by the developer, but would suggest next time using a more open-world system. This has the added benefit of allowing players to skip content they are not interested in. This game contains piss/urine scenes (don't worry, not much), but had this been more open-ended, I would be able to easily bypass this. Still- they have a skip dialogue button which is very helpful.

There was also an extremely strange system of statuses? Certain conversations/events caused, "+1 Worried!" or "+1 Suspicious!" I don't think it had any actual in-game mechanics and felt a bit odd.

This is unrelated to scoring/criticism, but I wish they had created more scenes based on ignoring sex, ignoring groping/molesting, etc. There are a few scenes which I loved, but you know how it is. . . more, more, more!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

ped

i enjoyed the art a lot
    and the story is interesting enough bu my problem with it was that the game was too linear and dident let you go anywhere on your own and explore
    still would recommended tough very enjoyable game
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Missmiles

Right...as someone who's played this beforehand (my version had an incomplete machine translation so I didn't bother putting it up here, thank whoever the translator is), let me just say what I think.

As far as hypnosis and corruption goes, this game is bound to at least scratch the itch you have for a while.

While the Now You See Me 1/2 mode of hypnosis--that is 'Snap, you're hypno'd' is still present, I think it's fair to say that's not what we're looking at.

And the bad guys actually kind of know what they're doing with hypno. There's actually slow-boil hypnosis and training in here, which is pretty sweet.

And if you let simple hypnosis happen too often (that is, not counting the Instant Game Overs), you'll actually fall. I especially appreciate that it has a couple more scenes after what other games would just show you a 'Game Over'.

I can't seem to find all the scenes, though...might be because my Sonia had some basic sense of self-preservation; or maybe my dick just wanted a break from the beating it was taking.

And finally, for an RPGM, it's ridiculously linear. I'll say right now that there WILL be one or two people whose hands you don't want on your Sonia but they'll get it anyway because plot.

One star off for that.

In short, go in, enjoy, abuse your sexual organ(s), and be glad that you're not actually Sonia.

--Mistersmiles from sister's account