Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
There is nothing to decipher i even re downloaded the game and tried the qsp file and its still in Russian i dont get it...
The only thing that decides whether the game is in Russian or English is the QSP (except for the main menu, which is based on several image files for the menu items). Re-downloading doesn't do anything.
The only thing you have to do after unzipping the game is going to the ..\assets\standalone_content subfolder in your game directory and replacing the original start.qsp file with the English language .qsp you downloaded from here (so that there is just the ONE .qsp file in that folder). That's all. After that, just run the Son of a bitch.exe. Keep in mind the main menu will still be in Russian. The menu items are "Play", "Load Game", "Info" and "Changelog" from top to bottom.

Stiffler

Sep 10, 2017
The only thing that decides whether the game is in Russian or English is the QSP (except for the main menu, which is based on several image files for the menu items). Re-downloading doesn't do anything.
The only thing you have to do after unzipping the game is going to the ..\assets\standalone_content subfolder in your game directory and replacing the original start.qsp file with the English language .qsp you downloaded from here (so that there is just the ONE .qsp file in that folder). That's all. After that, just run the Son of a bitch.exe. Keep in mind the main menu will still be in Russian. The menu items are "Play", "Load Game", "Info" and "Changelog" from top to bottom.
i did all that and its still in Russian

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
You didn't.

He's not lying, the whole text of the game is IN the QSP file. If you have Russian text that's not the opening menu screen then you have the Russian QSP still. The executable doesn't do anything apart from start the main QSP program.

Delete start.qsp, download the English one from the OP, rename it to start.qsp then put it in the folder the guy above said and start again.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
This board has a lot of help and info, so I feel bad hitting a topic I have seen discussed before. I cannot get this thing to run in English. It ran in Russian fine, then I tried one of the EN QSP files in the OP, and made sure to put it into the right location (standalone_content/assets). nothing works. Sometimes I get to enter a character name, but then there is no entry into the game. Not sure what else there is to be done.

abracadabra

Aug 17, 2016
Main menu is image file, its in Russian.
Just click on first item, its new game, second one is load game, third is contacnt infor and fourth changelog.

EDIT:
Second screen after new game is also in Russian, but aftewards it should be in engrish

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
This board has a lot of help and info, so I feel bad hitting a topic I have seen discussed before. I cannot get this thing to run in English. It ran in Russian fine, then I tried one of the EN QSP files in the OP, and made sure to put it into the right location (standalone_content/assets). nothing works. Sometimes I get to enter a character name, but then there is no entry into the game. Not sure what else there is to be done.
What happens after entering the characters name

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
There is nothing to decipher i even re downloaded the game and tried the qsp file and its still in Russian i dont get it...
uhhh did you make sure it was named correctly? also pretty sure the main menu stays in russian but once you start it isn't.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
After placing the English qsp in that folder, and removing any other qsp files in that folder, you are going back to the sob folder and running the exe file not launching that English qsp directly. Right?

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
After placing the English qsp in that folder, and removing any other qsp files in that folder, you are going back to the sob folder and running the exe file not launching that English qsp directly. Right?
That might be my issue. I actually tried every exe file available. I could enter a name, then there was no way to progress. Guess I will try again, thanks for the reply!

redle

Apr 12, 2017
That might be my issue. I actually tried every exe file available. I could enter a name, then there was no way to progress. Guess I will try again, thanks for the reply!
The exe you want to be running is called "Son of a bitch.exe"

mangasm

May 29, 2017
anyone have a link or know a good site for downloading a .qsp file player. This game seems interesting but I have no means of playing it.

Daywalkerdave

Aug 2, 2017
So how do i progress aunt ninas alternate path. I've used the sleeping pills and she found out, now i find her running in the park every once in a while but i can't do anything

4.10 star(s) 26 Votes