• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Okey kinda surprised nobody already posted the Devlog to be fair ... guess another indicator how this game is underappreciated by the community
First off, thanks for posting the Dev log. Personally, I like this game a lot. Heck if the zombie gods decreed that I could only continue playing 10 games on F95, SIB would be one of them.

Generally speaking, most games go through peaks and troughs in community engagement. Excluding games with huge momentum (e.g. BaDIK and a few others), they peak after a release and then gradually decline to a bottom in 3-4 months. Obviously other issues like quality of the game, dev engagement etc. matter more but, all else being equal, ideally, you'd want to hit a new release within that window to keep the momentum and overall subscriber numbers (after smoothing out the step ladder effect), in an upward trend.

[Dev log] We are less than two months away from the release of episode two.
According to the OP, the last update for SIB was in early Jan, which would make it 6-7 months between releases for this game. That's long. This isn't a complaint or a whine, it is what it is and just means this game has a long trough cycle. Kinda like going to a bar at 3:00pm, no ones there but a few old regulars sitting quietly in a corner. :HideThePain:

.... .... ....
[Dev Log] How will the survivors face this creature?
Holy shit Claire, where the fook did we put that Armalite AR-50 sniper rifle??!!? Grab it quick!

hunter-snipe1.jpg
:p:LOL:

Robin53

Aug 15, 2023
First off, thanks for posting the Dev log. Personally, I like this game a lot. Heck if the zombie gods decreed that I could only continue playing 10 games on F95, SIB would be one of them.

Generally speaking, most games go through peaks and troughs in community engagement. Excluding games with huge momentum (e.g. BaDIK and a few others), they peak after a release and then gradually decline to a bottom in 3-4 months. Obviously other issues like quality of the game, dev engagement etc. matter more but, all else being equal, ideally, you'd want to hit a new release within that window to keep the momentum and overall subscriber numbers (after smoothing out the step ladder effect), in an upward trend.

According to the OP, the last update for SIB was in early Jan, which would make it 6-7 months between releases for this game. That's long. This isn't a complaint or a whine, it is what it is and just means this game has a long trough cycle. Kinda like going to a bar at 3:00pm, no ones there but a few old regulars sitting quietly in a corner. :HideThePain:

.... .... ....

Holy shit Claire, where the fook did we put that Armalite AR-50 sniper rifle??!!? Grab it quick!

View attachment 3645889
:p:LOL:
The previous update took 4 months. So it's not due to the time as he used to release updates every 3 or 4 months. It's more because the game had a bad launch. It seems the dev had no idea about how to release a game and released a completely unfinished game which received a lot of backlash due to the broken writing, which he said was just to show his art. He reworked the game after the release of episode 1, the version people love as it's just perfect, followed by the amazing episode two but many people still remember the bad taste of that initial release including me.

Also, at the beginning of this update, in some posts, the developer said that he is not doing well economically and he is working full-time in real life and also on this project, so I assume it's matter of time before this project dies.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 36 Votes