Jul 2, 2022
Sunny Day Jack Report 06/21/2023 (Patreon)

Content
Howdy all, today's report is a bit later than we'd like but it's better now than never, right? This time around we're focusing on Something's Wrong With Sunny Day Jack!
Narrative Design & Writing
As we mentioned in yesterday's general Games Report, our team is close to finishing the reworked Narrative Design documents to ensure that we have all the information laid out in order to avoid retcons in the future. We've been conferring with our sensitivity reader MysteryCorgi and touching base with Biscuwuit and Gil Finnegan (he/him), who we're borrowing from the DachaBo team.
Again, a lot of this is spoiler territory but here's the basic gist of what we can share at this time:
  • The common route has been completed, and besides having to detail most of the second act, everything is mostly set in stone apart from one Jack scene that I want to detail more before the end of Act 2.
  • 4 routes/Love Interests that have been very well established and shouldn’t be changing in number. Sorry Barry stans, there's no dedicated route for the man but there might be something else in store for you.
  • A point system that will decide if a player gets a certain interaction or ending.
  • Conditionals and True/False statements that give players entirely different scenes in certain situations.
The themes in the game have been set from the very start by Sauce themself, so the team is conducting research and talking to MysteryCorgi for feedback on certain plot points, how to adjust them to be more considerate to those communities, and reworking things so SDJ can be a game you all can feel excited to replay multiple times to get a wider picture of what's going on.
Put simply, every decision/consequence or difference in route should show the player a different face of a character’s personality or struggle.
Biscuwuit has split the routes down the middle with Gil so they'll both be handling 2 routes each. This means that Biscuwuit is handling Ian and Shaun, while Gil gets Jack and Nick. Here's a bit of commentary from Gil on that:
Hello, hello, hello! I'm Gil, and I'm super-honoured to be taking on the task of assisting with Jack and Nick's routes! This month, I decided the best way to start was to tackle my vegetables first ... In other words, the daunting task of writing Jack himself. He's the centrepiece of the whole game, so it's really important to all of us that his route is surprising, scary and sexy! Fortunately, I've got some experience with mystery stories, so that made it a little easier.
The hardest part for Jack's route so far is that, while he acts as the main "rival" for every other route, he's also his own rival on his route. This provides me with a lot of areas to play as a writer, but it also means I don't have a natural NPC to play off as a Watson. Even so, with the help of Sauce and Biscuwuit, I've come up with a first draft that I think will be a really solid foundation. The next step will be to go through and plot out every single branch and variation, threading through all sorts of little changes based on your choices. It's hard work, but it's also the most satisfying part of my job! If I can make you say "wait, was that because I...?" then I'll consider it a job well done.[/QUOTE]
I can't wait for you all to see what kind of trouble I have cooked up for our favourite ghost~ 'Til next time![/QUOTE]

FAQ
Q: My OS isn't uploaded yet, can I play the game?

A: Due to the sheer size of the game, our programmer is prioritizing Windows and Macintosh builds. For players on Linux or Steamdeck, you may be able to use Proton to force compatibility of the Windows version to work on your machine. Let us know if you encounter any issues in the Bug Reports thread!
Q: Will there be an Android build for SDJ?
A: Despite optimizations in Naninovel, we don't anticipate the game files fitting on most mobile devices due to the large amount of voice files.
Q: When will the full game be out?
A: We are still anticipating the October 2024 release date, and will communicate if there are any delays in delivery.
Q: Can I post screenshots of this demo on social media?
A: You may post screenshots of the game up till the end of the original Kickstarter demo, as long as you are not sharing the game with minors.

Last edited:
Reactions: yingyinghu
Jun 17, 2019
Sorry for the late answer >.< here is a beta of that (for Windows)

[WINDOWS PC] Sleepy Time Jack! The Digital Body Pillow! - (Patreon)

We've received a lot of feedback about Jack's voice, and how some players fall asleep with the game on! But then you have to wake up and click buttons and all this other stuff. Wouldn't it be nice to just have Jack talk to you on his own?

Introducing the Sleepy Time Companion app. A companion app to stay with you and keep you company while you snooze!

We'll be updating these from time to time, but currently, we've got an NSFW content update in the works as well as plans for a TMon and Lefty companion app! For starters, though, let's see how this goes!

Upcoming Content:

- NSFW Content

- Yandere Content

Google Drive

View attachment 2724481
Thank you

Furrygay896

Jan 19, 2018
Sorry for the late answer >.< here is a beta of that (for Windows)

[WINDOWS PC] Sleepy Time Jack! The Digital Body Pillow! - (Patreon)

We've received a lot of feedback about Jack's voice, and how some players fall asleep with the game on! But then you have to wake up and click buttons and all this other stuff. Wouldn't it be nice to just have Jack talk to you on his own?

Introducing the Sleepy Time Companion app. A companion app to stay with you and keep you company while you snooze!

We'll be updating these from time to time, but currently, we've got an NSFW content update in the works as well as plans for a TMon and Lefty companion app! For starters, though, let's see how this goes!

Upcoming Content:

- NSFW Content

- Yandere Content

Google Drive

View attachment 2724481
Do you have the itch.io version?

ursweetalksx

May 25, 2022
Something's Wrong With Sunny Day Jack - 2.0 Demo (V.0.1) Feb 2024

DOWNLOAD HERE:

File Size: Approx. 208 MB
Length: Approx. 10-12 minutes

FUTURE GOALS:
- Updated CGs ( The longest taking task-- )
- EXIT MAIN MENU FUNCTIONS
- Extended Nick Scene
- Additional AfterLife Mode episode
c72bf23b132adf0d5fc833bf51b462f1b294b5461a9443f3940660fd62f3499f.jpg

ursweetalksx

May 25, 2022
Something's Wrong With Sunny Day Jack - 2.0 Demo (V.0.3) (Patreon April 2024)

Another minor update, as we creep to 1/2 of the original script+!

Now with SEVERAL additional and new scenes!

We ask all fans to remember that this is a temporary, unoptimized build. It's being built at no additional cost to show off improved graphics/new story content-- but it is a modified build of the original demo.

This demo in no way reflects the capability/file size/etc.. of our current private build, and should be considered more of a content sample!

[ Due to high traffic, we've relocated the file. Let us know if it stops working, though! ]

KNOWN ISSUES:
CGs absent
Windows only - TEMPORARY
File size, unoptimized
Temporary Build, not in final engine
AfterLife mode non-functional

File Size: Approx. 802MB
Length: Approx. 10-12 minutes

FUTURE GOALS:
- MAC BUILD
- Updated CGs ( The longest taking task-- )
- EXIT MAIN MENU FUNCTIONS
- Extended Nick Scene
- Additional AfterLife Mode episode
3d7447a4e5d8e50e9ce44f4aa35c06b075d83ddc750c66edbb9bec5aa866b1ad.jpg