VN Ren'Py Completed Something's in the Air [v4E] [dateariane]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
4th Edition HD Version 10/19/2019 (free from producer side)

Improved Rachel Dinner pictures.

Fourth Edition Notes: I redesigned Something’s In The Air once again to bring it in line with the Date Ariane HD version as well as Rachel Meets Ariane and Ariane in Paradise. All four games now use similar GUI, fonts and 1080p resolution. The changes are as follows:

High Definition. The “third edition” is 720p, the “Fourth” is 1080p. The vast majority of the images were simply enlarged to the new resolution and were not actually re-rendered. It would take months to re-render and in most cases the difference would not be noticeable.

Different way to select “last date”. Since the first release, you could go into preferences and select what happened on the last date with Ariane, or you could select that you went on multiple dates. I took that out of preferences, and put it into the game itself using the system I created for Rachel Meets Ariane. When you get to a spot where the story varies based on the last date, it will pause and ask you. The game feels more interactive this way, and as some of the 25 ending depend on these choices, it is now possible to reach all 25 endings without digging into settings.

Different GUI. I’m using a modified default Renpy 7.0 interface, similar to what I am using in the latest version of the other 3 games. Choices will appear in the middle of the screen, with the question being asked below it. It is a little counter intuitive at first, but it is easy to figure out after a while.

Reduced music. In the original game I way overdid the music cues, and in the “third edition” I gave you a way to turn most of it off. Now I have just removed most of it entirely. The music that syncs with dance routines, video games, and flashbacks are still there, but the distracting story soundtrack has been removed.

Some graphics changes. When I did the graphics update for Date Ariane, I changed some of the models, specifically Rebecca, and Ariane’s SUV. This means that two endings ( and ) have mostly new renders. I also redid all 24 pictures of as well as most of the png sprites in the game. Over 150 images have been redone for the 4th edition.

Walkthrough & Player Notebook (to get all/play free Character Informations)

Win

MAC

Linux

Android 7

Android 8

Android Cromebook

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote