VN Ren'Py Onhold Some screenshots of the game I'm working on, and illustrations, so you can see my art style.

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
For now is too early to share the first version of my game, and also to say something about the plot, but I want to share some screenshots, so you can see the art style. Of course, I´m all ears, ...well ...I mean ....eyes to read, in this case, all your opinions.
Sorry no lewd, hot, or nsfw images for now, just to avoid spoilers, just an example of the art style.
So, what´s your opinion?.

img05.jpg

img04.jpg

img06.jpg

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Image resolution too small to see the finer details so I might be wrong, but from what I can tell, the shading is a little inconsistent in your characters. The guy looks obviously 2D because of the flat shading style which gives him a more painted look, but the girls look faux-2D because the shading on them is more "smooth"(?), especially the facial features of the maid and the body of the athletic girl. This is just DAZ with a different shader and post-processing done, right?

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
This is real good. I assume you'll use renpy as an engine? which is also good.
As for the game as a whole, tags will tell i suppose. But i can already see this in a good shape based on the art. Good luck.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Reminds me a bit of those creepy frozen games aimed at kids.

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
Image resolution too small to see the finer details so I might be wrong, but from what I can tell, the shading is a little inconsistent in your characters. The guy looks obviously 2D because of the flat shading style which gives him a more painted look, but the girls look faux-2D because the shading on them is more "smooth"(?), especially the facial features of the maid and the body of the athletic girl. This is just DAZ with a different shader and post-processing done, right?
They are all 2d, drawn by hand, although I spend more time shading the girls than the boy, because I usually only draw women. So I tend to add more details to them without realizing it. That's because my normal art style has more detail, but for the game I'm trying to make it less detailed to speed up the process. But I see your point. Yes, the girls has more details. Also I use images for reference, of clothes or hair, some of the daz products and some of models and "instagramers", and from things that i like in characters from movies, games etc...but only as reference. The characters are designed and drawn by hand.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
Oooh, I'm digging this style! What's the game called? Anything to show off yet? What topic on the forum do I track for progress (aside from this one, of course)?

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
Oooh, I'm digging this style! What's the game called? Anything to show off yet? What topic on the forum do I track for progress (aside from this one, of course)?
Not right now, I'm working on it. As soon as I stabilize my work schedules a bit, I will be able to dedicate the time it deserves to make steady and uninterrupted progress in developing it.

Reactions: GrabberWalkie

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
A little update about the art style. First sorry, I've been very busy until now. Life things. But I can finally start to shape the project. So to be clear, this is not a screenshot. But I don´t want to start a new post to just show an illustration, which is somehow related to the game...
I hope you like it.
hi_catty_kitty_np01.jpg

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
Honestly looks great. You planning on doing animations? Just curious.
That's something i've been thinking of doing, but it will not have animations in all the scenes, at least for now. Although I do plan to include animations at some specific moments of the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrinceOfShades

Madlust

Jun 3, 2020
Mmm, that looks yummy

View attachment 1521728

If this game has a Female MC (or at least an option to play as one) and if it has a Lesbian path, I am all in. If not, well, I'll pass. I do like the art/character designs though :3 Thank you for the eye candy
Thanks, unfortunately the MC is male, for now. But let me clarify, I'm thinking of developing 2 paths, like in RE: 2 (resident evil 2), taking a different view of the plot with a second path by controlling a different character (a girl who knows the MC during the story) at some point in the plot. . But it is something that for now is just an idea. If I decide to do it, don't worry, I'll confirm it "officially".

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I'm thinking of developing 2 paths, like in RE: 2 (resident evil 2)
Oooh! I do like Resident Evil 2 x3 and I understand what you mean completely. This idea gets me vewwy excited! :D I will be hoping for this idea to come to life. I'll be patiently waiting to see what happens ^^