[Solved] Ren'py save data load proplems

Masgara

Nov 15, 2020
Hello

I have problems with every Ren'py game that I have.
I recently made bistro surfing to only settle back to home on Linux Mint and thanks for that I lost ren'pys ability to recognize self made files.
Normally Ren'py made save files on .

../[gamefolder]/game/ saves/

and persistent linking

/home/[user]/.renpy/[gamename]/

first saves on each game is intact but thanks to failed cp command latter are botched.
So my problem is that there is no renpy game that know how to access their save file even if they are same location that game itself has saved them.
(if I move games on windows laptop they are good to go with their saves).

is there any I can do. Thanks for advance.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Maybe it's just a ownership or a permissions issue. The former can be fixed with chown, I guess, while the latter with chmod.
What does ls -l say about those files?

Masgara

Nov 15, 2020
I have done those whitout effect. Owner and Group is correct and I set even full permission for everyone. no effect.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
../[gamefolder]/game/ saves/
Is the space before "saves" a typo you made while writing this message, or is it present on your computer ?

So my problem is that there is no renpy game that know how to access their save file even if they are same location that game itself has saved them.
(if I move games on windows laptop they are good to go with their saves).
Apparently I have my answer, since Windows trim the leading and trailing spaces.

Masgara

Nov 15, 2020
Is the space before "saves" a typo you made while writing this message, or is it present on your computer ?
It was typo on my message

Apparently I have my answer, since Windows trim the leading and trailing spaces.
And apparently you where right when I checked disc there was nothing to find, but Windows fucked up some it's own flags on my game folder so there was no same kind of problem with other files. It leaded me to side track thinking problem on renpy.
So thanks to your commend I tried
Code:
ntfsfix -d
and it did the trick

ps. Title edited as Solved