RPGM Abandoned None WIP SNEAK-in-DISORDER [Ankoku Marimokan]

Ironfistjecht

Jul 11, 2017
Lordy, what a beta disaster.
One of the earliest beta versions featured let you access all the way up to the bath house due to a map bug, letting you view pretty much every CG up to the third floor. You were only supposed to be able to go up to Floor 1 where a roadblock prevented you from going further, but there was a tile that wasn't set correctly that allowed you to go past the roadblock.

The latest beta version fixed the bug, but the damage is already done. Safe to say, this isn't the right way design betas, putting almost the whole game into it but blocking it off with a bunch of tiles. Pretty sure if you learned how to hack RPGMaker games you could easily give yourself the ability to walk through walls to begin with, so it's not a great idea to put a majority of your game into the beta version.

Reminds me of the Trials of Mana fiasco.

EDIT: Dear LORD it's so much more worse than I thought. The entire game is in the beta. The only thing that prevents you from accessing all floors are very specific roadblock tiles you can bypass with SaveEdit. The CG isn't in the game yet, but all of the events and story fights are implemented. I really hope for Ankoku's own sake that they learn from this going forward. As of right now, they have removed all betas because someone apparently made them aware of it.

Last edited: