HTML Completed Slugs And Bugs: Invasion [v3.1] [Anaximanes]

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Ashgamer

Jun 17, 2018
@The Anax Btw, correct me if I'm wrong about my assumption I made in my review that the images will eventually be changed. Something to do with you branching out to more markets (android, apple)?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@The Anax Btw, correct me if I'm wrong about my assumption I made in my review that the images will eventually be changed. Something to do with you branching out to more markets (android, apple)?
There are actually a number of reasons that I am switching from my 'old school' picture manips to 3D models. The biggest is, of course, copyright issues. I paid the US government s couple of thousand dollars to trademark my intellectual properties, just in case my copyrights were not enough. So, I don't want to use anything but my own, personal creations. The models I create and buy I can use all I want- I paid for them- and even customize them. In fact, so far I have invested around 10k in top-of-the-line CGI models, thanks to my Patrons. (I should add my investors are on board with the CGI, over 90% voted in favor of this change, and they are happy with my abilities, even though I only started using Daz in Jan/Feb).

Second, I wanted consistency. I am not sure how long you have followed my work, but believe it or not, these novels as big as they are, are only the beginning of long-term plans. I will be releasing huge games over the years, with different play styles and on different mediums, and as such, I need to ensure the characters stay the same on all the games/platforms regardless of the genre of game I release. Speaking of that, as you said, when releasing things and selling them for money, like on the phone markets, one must own 100% of everything. To put that into perspective, I must own all these models- and even the music rights- in order to sell. The commercial music rights have cost me two thousand dollars so far on Faction and will likely grow higher as I work on each faction of the game. So, there is no way I can afford to by 'real' women the amount of money it would require for photoshoots, only to have to manip the pics, and so forth. Trust me, 3D is the way to go.

Finally, time is the last issue. I can get more work done in a smaller amount of time. Picture manipulation is far more time consuming than using 3D models. When I was making my projects with picture manips, I remember how I was making huge games/interactive novels (tomato/tomahto), but others in the community released much slower than I did, with much smaller projects- and they were using CGI. This made me think 'Using 3D models must be so hard! Updates take forever and the projects contain so much less story!', so I feared it would increase my workload vastly... but the opposite is true. I have tested it (you know how thorough I am) and I can do four times as much work in an hour over picture manips. That's why I have to say how shocked I am about other projects making so much money on Patreon and such, when, as a creator using the same tools they do, I can make bigger titles with faster updates. Very strange. Anyway, time was the final issue.

So, I did not mean for the giant story there, but this way people definitely understand the reason for me switching.

Ashgamer

Jun 17, 2018
It makes perfect sense. I just didn't want to be spreading misinformation. Thank you for confirming my assumption, and elaborating.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I, unfortunately, do not have control over the main post of my title here, but I wanted to also show folks I have more finished projects here, and I am currently working on my 6th game!

Phantom

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
I, unfortunately, do not have control over the main post of my title here, but I wanted to also show folks I have more finished projects here, and I am currently working on my 6th game!

Phantom

Added them to this thread main post and the Cult of Corruption thread

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Omega Deose I don't know what you mean. It's an HTML game (it's marked such up there in the green square at the top), so it plays in your browser.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Cheese_Dude as with Elk, I am glad to hear this because if you are not a fan of all my finished work yet, then it probably means you will be! lol

Pilluah

Sep 4, 2017
I actually quite liked the game (have not yet played through every option). I just wish you could play as the creatures and be one who invade the earth.

I am someone who does not mind disturbing stuff (mostly, for example necrophilia or scat are not my thing...) so i can't comment how disturbing or scary people might find this.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Pilluah In that case you might like the Unity game I am currently developing- Slugs and Bugs: Conversion. It is the NON CANONICAL version of what happens after Slugs and Bugs: Invasion, and you will play as the Infectulon! So, it may be more what you are looking for. I already have the hype train in full speed so be sure to check out my posts in that thread, and feel free to join my Discord server to chat with me. I'm glad you enjoyed this one too!

Reactions: Pilluah

Pilluah

Sep 4, 2017
Pilluah In that case you might like the Unity game I am currently developing- Slugs and Bugs: Conversion. It is the NON CANONICAL version of what happens after Slugs and Bugs: Invasion, and you will play as the Infectulon! So, it may be more what you are looking for. I already have the hype train in full speed so be sure to check out my posts in that thread, and feel free to join my Discord server to chat with me. I'm glad you enjoyed this one too!
That looks very interesting, i can't wait to give it a try!

D

Deleted member 1375282

I really enjoy your work Anax i will surely also enjoy the upcoming game you are still working on :p

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Mayhap, it's too scared to run my game! Mwa ha ha ha! But, on a more serious note, that is not much information to go on! For example, for all I know, you did not unzip the file. On the other hand, the computer may not be able to play HTML for reasons we will never figure out because of settings on your computer.

HTML games like mine, run on your web browser. Maybe there is something about your browser causing it. However, there is no way for us to ever know without sitting down at your laptop and going through it entirely.

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
so i become a god human and save only one of my friend what next will there be more ch or something

X-Skull

Apr 6, 2020
Just one question can the slugs really let the host Kate speak or are they tricking Justine!?

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes