RPGM Completed Complete Slave Princess Knight Layla [v1.0.20] [Ressentiment]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Feb 22, 2024
I managed to get the 1.0.16 version running with the translation.
When copying over translation files, just skip the manko_1.json file in img/ero/ subfolder. It's the one that causes the crash. And I don't really see anything translated in that file anyway.
Not sure if it breaks anything further down the line, but now the game at least starts and I got through the prologue and first dungeon with no issues so far.
Thanks it works for 1.0.17

Mopp96

Mar 1, 2021
it doesn't run on joiplay, there are errors in the scenario.json, I can't say specifically. v1.20 on jp work.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well... since this is a translation thread, I'll mainly talk about said translation, since that's what's on topic.

GPT 4.0 definitely worked hard on this one, that's for sure... though there are some weird wordings and at least one error that should probably be corrected, even if the latter is hilarious. The first thing that was weird that I ran into, though I don't have a screenshot for that one, was the use of the word psycho. I've seen wording like "psycho good", which based on the context, I assume it was probably meant to be "crazy good", because as far as I'm aware, psycho good is not something that exists in the English language, slang or otherwise.

The second thing I noticed, which happened on a number of occasions, is the fact that "the Demon Lord's parts" was changed to "the Demon Lord's panties". Now, while this is hilarious to read one or two times, this was not part of some joke, but part of scenes where the characters discussed the literal body parts of the Demon Lord that the barbarians were collecting for the sake of reviving the thing and letting their kind absorb it. A couple of instances of this are in the strategy meeting for the volcano dungeon, and there were a number of others that popped up either in the dialogue that talked about being sent to a new dungeon or some strategy meeting or another. Example in the screenshot below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The third thing that stood out to me as a translation problem is the fact that when you use the Info command in combat, the tooltips for certain enemy status effects get cut off, which means you more or less have to guess at what they do or experiment to see what's what, which can make combat a bit harder at times. If possible, it'd likely be nice to have that fixed.

Aside from those three instances, I don't remember anything else that stood out beyond typical MTL limitations that would require an editing pass... but by the same token, it's not like I looked at every single scene in the game and whatnot.

Part of that is because the game turned out to be... unexpectedly easy tbh, at least for me on Normal difficulty. I beat every single dungeon on the first day I got it, all while maintaining the same composition of Layla, Miori, Sara, Charles, Tanya as I got these and didn't bother replacing them. Though to be fair, the fact that newer characters won't have skill based medals or cursed equipment if you got any of that makes it harder to use them. Well... that and I'm leery to use Deena on account of the fact that I have no idea if she could actually survive using her taunt at lower SP investment levels without evaporating... all while failing to bring in the damage output and/or utility other front-liners bring.

The point of this is that between not swapping party members and the fact that I finished the game super fast in terms of in-game time, likely means that there's a good amount of dialogue and stuff that I did not see at this point, and who knows what else might be in there.

I suppose I could comment on the fact that Lyn, who shows up from another game of this circle, was previously translated as Rin, so for me, who did play said other game, the change feels extremely jarring. Especially since dazed did both of the translations. :p Speaking of her... I think her Clone Technique is either b0rked or its tooltip is inaccurate. Well, either that or Sudden Strike has issues. Not sure. The Clone Technique should be giving Lyn a charge of dodge each time Sudden Strike activates, and Sudden Strike should activate each time a character dodges. Now, I've seen the latter happen a couple of times, though I haven't experimented a lot, but I've never seen Lyn gain new charges of dodge... Unless of course said charges of dodge are supposed to be gained after multiple ally dodges and thus multiple activations of Sudden Strike, but that's not what the tooltip for the skill says.

I'm also going to assume that Sudden Strike is meant to work with all forms of instances where an enemy misses a physical attack, and not just Tanya's dodge skill... otherwise it'd be a very useless skill and it'd seem weird for it to not have synergy with Layla's 1-time dodge and Charles' Light Orb as well as Sara's Mist. So I dunno, the thing seems buggy, but I have no idea if it's because the translation, or if the dev screwed up.

That's about it. Gonna drop some other, less on-topic stuff in a spoiler, but that's obviously stuff that can be skipped. Though some of the gameplay bits might be worth noting if only because I'm not sure if some stuff was b0rked from the dev or the translation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: gervid

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
All characters in the game are over 18 years old, the developer has said this several times. If F95 sees this as a violation of the rules or doesn't want to see games like this because the characters look like lolis, then unfortunately you have to live with it.
:)
There are other Ressentiment games with the exact same models. In fact 2 of the characters are literally from their other games one of which is on this site

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
Ruleil needs a more lustful face when talking about lewd things than the worried face she makes.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
All characters in the game are over 18 years old, the developer has said this several times. If F95 sees this as a violation of the rules or doesn't want to see games like this because the characters look like lolis, then unfortunately you have to live with it.
The definition of loli, at least the one I find compelling, doesn't let you draw a 9-year-old girl and say she's 1000-year-old demon and then say it's not a loli, 'cause you said she's over 18.
Also, while we're at it, if you have a race that reaches physical sexual maturity at age 1, then that is not a loli at age 1.
Also, I suspect it's at least shota (same definition, but a boy), regardless of whether there's loli.
Note, this is not about morality; this about useful and meaningful definitions.

whitemage88

Jul 25, 2020
There's one scene I recall where the text was "translated" into romanji, i.e. instead of "私" (or わたし) it was "watashi", I think it was one of Lyn's ero scenes. It was the only scene I encountered that had that happen but it was the entire 'scene'. There would likely be other text on the map file. As far as "any comments would help the translation process", probably do a quick search search for common japanese words in english text such as the aforementioned watashi.
Aside from that, there were a few unfortunate line break errors that had the effect of switching character's text with each other. For with X (person) x( their speech) it would occasionally flip so that instead of X(x) and Yy it would be Xy and Y(x). I don't have a good solution to that.

[snipped]
In regards to Lyn's battle mechanics, the dodge bonuses don't stack, but they do occur usually from other sources of misses, such as Sara's darkness mist.
Also, speaking of synergy, one of the best instances is Iris' passive that gives buffs to characters taking another turn. It prompts on Nell's attack order, Tanya's fighting spirit, and Layla's blessing, and it stacks. So if Tanya's about to be hit hard and has the MP for it, fighting spirit buff a few times for good defense.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Neat. I'd given up on translating Ressentiment games after Karen was such a clusterfuck coding wise, glad you could figure out how to get it working. Thank you for the hard work!

migurdia

Jun 29, 2021
Do you know where it says this? I don't really recall seeing this anywhere in the ci-en progress posts (though I didn't pay for any of the supporter benefits, just read the follower ones), and I don't remember seeing it in the game or on the sales page.

The developer has definitely not shied away from telling you characters are underage in their game before. In Ririka's Brothel Management, you're pretty much just told the blue-haired chick is an elementary schooler, and in Sister Sherry, given the context of the setting she's probably young as well.

Last edited:

SecretIGN

Jun 21, 2020
Yeah!!! I did it!!!! I just replace all it with original folder img.folder with your folder..
Screenshot_2024-04-13-04-01-25-492_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg
It's 1.07 version.

sapoleon

Feb 22, 2019
This may be the 'best' Ressentiment game. Large cast of characters, connective tissue with other Ressentiment games (Ninja loli shows up!), and a good amount of scenarios.

As far as the score: nut for nut Yakuza Boss Ririka's Brothel and Married Wife Selena are still in the lead.

Anonymous272929

Apr 9, 2023
That's funny because I am pretty sure I saw 1 other game with 3D characters looking like kids haha
Hmm, well this one is different, it's has preg-
Also the story is design to be more immersive, i guess...
(I haven't play this game, but i just assume it from their previous game)

And the dev is also clearly point out that they're underage in their previous game. So that's why this one too probably, but it's has more of them

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote