VN - Ren'Py - Slatford [v0.01] [Aapek]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Slatford [v0.01]

If dev plays his card this will be a hit. Biggest plus of the game is the visuals and pretty models. Mia is my favourite. There is music and sound effects to make it more immersive. This more like a introduction to the story. Seems like a murder mystery have wait and see how the story evolves. Gameplay is around 30 minutes. If you are looking for a longer game to play wait for the updates.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.01

One of those cases where I don't think the overview gives a good representation of the game. My first thought going into this was that it sounded like another generic college/university game. And while it is centered around that, there's some more things at play here that have now hooked me enough into wanting to see where this goes.

We actually start the game in an interrogation room. We are a suspect for something not revealed until the end of the episode. The MC starts his story from the top, and this is where we move into the game proper.

The first thing that strikes me is the quality. The game has certain atmospheric feel with how much detail has been put in to the lighting for the renders. The characters models also look pretty good and stand out a bit from the usual I think. There's fitting music, and especially a good use of ambient noise which helps a lot for immersion. I think this really is going for an immersive experience as well so kudos on that. All good components of solid AVNs.

The writing feels pretty competent as well. There's a couple events that are maybe structured a bit strange, and some usual tropes I've seen before, but over all it feels believable. The story so far is kind of building up to this key event, a party, in which something happens that causes us to be under investigation as mentioned. I think the early events feel a little sporadic because of this and could have been expanded more, but not jarringly so. We essentially get introductions to some of the girls and other characters, as well as a bit about the MC being in that kind of "what do I want to do with my life" phase. It feels like a prologue more than anything to sum it up, and I think it does accomplish the goal of getting the player hooked.

Weakest part of this was definitely the sex scene. I don't think a casual party hookup is the worst way to have an early sex scene, but besides the girl being attractive there wasn't much to praise about it. It lacked angles, didn't have any lewd sound effects, played out very quickly, and also didn't show either the MC or girl cumming which was strange. Just didn't do much for me.

Also should mention there's a bug where all the characters are calling you by the defualt name instead of the name you give the MC, but I'd expect that to be fixed fast.

We do find out what happens at this party, but I'm deliberately not spoiling it. The game kind of ends on a cliffhanger right after it, and I did find myself wanting to see more. I will say as usual the game is very early and it's hard to know where it's going to go or what might change, but I think this is a solid start to something a bit more than the standard college themed game.