• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Skyrim vs Fallout 4 incl. Adult Mods

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Is Skyrim modding even still viable? I remember there being a massive problem when SE came out, but didn't they re-re-release it or something? Plus updated the re-re-release a couple of times which broke mods each time?

Generally curious as to how the mod community is doing. I remember seeing that many of bigger mod developers didn't come back for SE, and those that did were burning out quite quickly. I imagine that many of the larger projects are still active, but many of the smaller mods must be dead yeah? That shit must be a ghost town by now except for those at the very top, or bottom.

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
as i understand if you love some of the older mods, the LE editions is still the best choice. but now a lot of mods are avalaible for SE too.

i am very tempted to back to play after 7 years hehe

josefwest

Sep 14, 2017
Is Skyrim modding even still viable? I remember there being a massive problem when SE came out, but didn't they re-re-release it or something? Plus updated the re-re-release a couple of times which broke mods each time?

Generally curious as to how the mod community is doing. I remember seeing that many of bigger mod developers didn't come back for SE, and those that did were burning out quite quickly. I imagine that many of the larger projects are still active, but many of the smaller mods must be dead yeah? That shit must be a ghost town by now except for those at the very top, or bottom.
SSE mods are rolling better than ever. I am using v1.5.9.7, but newer versions are available as well as AE and VR versions.

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
SE modding is overall superior and has been for a while. LE is only for certain mods. The only one I care for is Perkus Maximus, which remains the best overhaul and unfortunately hasn't been properly ported. Was a pain to set that thing up even for users...

Maybe those special "Anthro-Mut Slave's Engorged Milkers: Vore Edition" type mods saw more abandonment, but honestly all that crap just kinda blends together in loverslab so I've seen no change there.

Also, I say superior, but it's largely more of the same. Engine/modding improvements, graphics, animations, and piece-meal gameplay mods. Just starting the game means going through hundreds of building blocks that don't quite fit together... The moveset craze that's been going on with those animation frameworks(MCO or whatever) is the most flagrant example of this.

Last edited:

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I messed with SkyRim briefly...

I think going down the SkyRim path is going to depend what you are trying to do. If you are just trying to play SkyRim and well fuck people, monsters, and animals...well there ya go.

However if your intent is to use it as a render engine to make other stuff (videos, RenPy games, etc...) well I think you have better options. Specifically in my very biased opinion TK17 /w Hook5 Extended is a better option if the intent is to use it as a render engine. Better pose engine....more "modern" mods.

Like I said...I am biased though.

Reactions: josefwest

Mr_Darkling

Feb 7, 2024
Any recommendations for essential fallout 4 mods and a few... 'other' mods? Haven't modded it yet and only slightly modded Skyrim, so not sure what would work best for a base. But I do now know that modding in any case can turn into an extra hour f checking mods before actually playing anything :)