HTML Sissification/Femboy game-dev

Aug 15, 2020
Hey! I'm working on my first game again, and just figured I'd make a thread about it. I know that I'm still green as a programmer, and developer but I think I am getting close to making a super bare-bones 0.0.1, that still gets my goals across. I like doing art more than programming, so I want to try and lean into that. The plan is to have the game be free, and work on a donation system since it's a hobby project at the moment, and I am pretty busy outside of it as well. Basically, I can't do regular updates just yet, but I am interested.

The biggest obstacles I currently face are as follows: 1; A paper doll system for the player that changes with game progression 2; making a system for clothes similar to that of Secretary, and other games. Having the ability to buy multiple clothes and have them customized differently would be neat. 3; Lastly, a system for a customizable breeder's mark tattoo that can affect stats. With these three exceptions, everything else seems fairly doable to my current knowledge.

I still have a lot I'd like to do, but I know getting a testable version should probably be my priority. Hope this all goes well.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
It may be a 0.0.1 version, but getting the foundation built is still a tone of work!
I recently changed project form custom code to just using renpy because I wanted a project that focused on writing, and any work that was close to 1-to-1 deliverable to the player (I spend way too much time coding!). Even if its still a long ways over to 0.0.1, it does help to make posts about a project even if its just to keep you motivated and interested. Good to hear your more into art, since that's a major challenge. one of the reason I changed my project recently was to focus on just 'making' and not worrying about planning just because i know the work load will get huge, so getting right to work may help avoid getting overwelmed for me.

Reactions: Action-B4stard
Aug 15, 2020
Currently, I'm working in twine on Sugarcube 2, and wanted to make a digestion mechanic, so anytime you got something in your belly, you could have some time to process it, or expunge it. The question I am asking is two-fold, first, is there a functionally easier way to do what I am doing? Second, am I engaging in coding best practices? I'm still very new to this skill.

Code:
<<if $belly["Slot 1"] isnot "Empty">>
    <<set _counter -= 1>>
    <<if _counter is 0>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 1"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
<<else>>
    <<set _counter to 5>>
<</if>>
<!--Moving contents of BELLY up -->
    <<if $belly["Slot 1"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 2"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 1"] to $belly["Slot 2"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 2"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 2"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 3"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 2"] to $belly["Slot 3"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 3"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 3"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 4"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 3"] to $belly["Slot 4"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 4"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 4"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 5"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 4"] to $belly["Slot 5"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 5"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 5"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 6"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 5"] to $belly["Slot 6"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 6"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 6"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 7"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 6"] to $belly["Slot 7"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 7"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 7"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 8"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 7"] to $belly["Slot 8"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 8"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
    <<if $belly["Slot 8"] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot 9"] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot 8"] to $belly["Slot 9"]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot 9"] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
<-- Digesting-->
    <<if $belly["Slot 1"] isnot "Empty" and $digesttimer is 0>>
        <<set $digesttimer to 10>>
    <<elseif $belly["Slot 1"] isnot "Empty" and $digesttimer isnot 0>>
        <<set $digesttimer -= 1>>
            <<if $digesttimer is 0>>
                <<if $belly["Slot 1"] is "Cum">>
                <</if>>
            <</if>>
    <</if>>
While here, I'll go ahead and post some art I made recently,
5.7s.png

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
  • Why are you using an object (ie a dict or map in other programming languages) instead of an array for $belly?
  • _counter is a temporary variable (denoted by the underscore at the beginning) and is deleted whenever there is a passage transition. Are you sure that it's okay for it to only last for one passage?
  • _counter seems to share some overlap to the digestion mechanic at the end. Is _counter just some deprecated code you forgot to delete?
Your code for moving things up the belly (don't things go down until it reaches the belly?) can be simplified with a loop. If you are keeping $belly as is and not changing it to an array, it can be done like so:
Code:
<<for _i = 1; _i < 9; _i++>>
    <<if $belly["Slot " + _i] is "Empty" and $belly["Slot " + (_i + 1)] isnot "Empty">>
        <<set $belly["Slot " + _i] to $belly["Slot " + (_i + 1)]>>
        <<set $belly["Slot " + (_i + 1)] to "Empty">>
    <</if>>
<</for>>
For the last part of your code, I think this makes more sense but there's not much of a difference:
Code:
<<if $belly["Slot 1"] isnot "Empty">>
    <<if $digesttimer is 0>>
        <<set $digesttimer to 10>>
    <<else>>
        <<set $digesttimer -= 1>>
        <<if $digesttimer is 0>>
            <<if $belly["Slot 1"] is "Cum">>
            <</if>>
        <</if>>
    <</if>>
<</if>>
  • I assume that you did not post the code inside <<if $belly["Slot 1"] is "Cum">><</if>> because it's not relevant. If there really is no code inside that, then you should just get rid of it.
  • Just in case you aren't aware of it, digestion takes 11 iterations to complete. It takes 1 iteration to go from 0 to 10, then another 10 iterations to go from 10 to 0.
Edited because of horrible English

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I've never coded anything for HTML or what ever you guys are using, I'm more C#, so I don't know what your language can do, for loops and classes/objects are what I'd suggest getting familiar with.

but I imagine a combination of for loops (as what guest1492 demonstrates) to replace the list of if statements and an class/objects to contain your data (or at least label your data for things like tracking what is player data vs game world data). unfortunatly I can' provide examples since idk the language :p

Aug 15, 2020
I am for sure going to change it from a temporary variable to a permanent one, I wasn't aware it would disappear from me. The loop to move things up is super interesting to me, but I want to understand it better (I am very new to coding, thank you for your patience.) I'm aware that _i is a temporary variable, but what does the double plus sign mean at the end? I need to further read about JS and HTML to understand this.

averagehtmlenjoyer

Currently enjoying succubi
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2023
I am for sure going to change it from a temporary variable to a permanent one, I wasn't aware it would disappear from me. The loop to move things up is super interesting to me, but I want to understand it better (I am very new to coding, thank you for your patience.) I'm aware that _i is a temporary variable, but what does the double plus sign mean at the end? I need to further read about JS and HTML to understand this.
The double plus sign is increment, it means add one to the variable. it's the same as _i = _i + 1
you can also do the reverse (_i-- to subtract one from it)

In the function it will go through the loop, add one to the _i counter and keep going in the loop until _i reaches 9

• Red Heart

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Hey! I'm working on my first game again, and just figured I'd make a thread about it. I know that I'm still green as a programmer, and developer but I think I am getting close to making a super bare-bones 0.0.1, that still gets my goals across. I like doing art more than programming, so I want to try and lean into that. The plan is to have the game be free, and work on a donation system since it's a hobby project at the moment, and I am pretty busy outside of it as well. Basically, I can't do regular updates just yet, but I am interested.

The biggest obstacles I currently face are as follows: 1; A paper doll system for the player that changes with game progression 2; making a system for clothes similar to that of Secretary, and other games. Having the ability to buy multiple clothes and have them customized differently would be neat. 3; Lastly, a system for a customizable breeder's mark tattoo that can affect stats. With these three exceptions, everything else seems fairly doable to my current knowledge.

I still have a lot I'd like to do, but I know getting a testable version should probably be my priority. Hope this all goes well.

So. How goes your progress??
Looking forward to seeing MORE. :love:(y)

• Red Heart
Aug 15, 2020
So. How goes your progress??
Looking forward to seeing MORE. :love:(y)
Sorry, I'm on a short hiatus, recently got held at gunpoint, and bashed with it. I have a concussion and 3 fractures on my skull. Once I'm better I got to focus on college, but I can start doing game dev stuff again too.

I did think a bit about changing the engine and making it simpler (ren'py and more visual novel esq.) but for now, I'm just healing and letting this be a back burner thing. I'll probably work a little on this week once I'm finished reeling from my concussion.