Unreal Engine Abandoned Sinful Empire [Feb 2018] [Erostorm]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Onammi

May 7, 2017
r
i'm really sorry to anounce this but you can't play anymore a newer version of the game until you join his patreon, the test username and test password got removed by the dev after decting multiples login's.

how his login system work ?

Patreon has an api allowing developpers to provide "login with patreon" button on their site.
So the way it works is way more simple, he download csv file from his patreon account.
It contains current patrons emails, that's the only thing he need. he generate an access code and send it to every patron in their mailboxes.
Then In the game launcher patreon type in his email, and the access code sent by email.
This way patreon have access to the game updates until he cancel his patreon pledge.

The game files are hosted on his web server, and they are protected by a password, can only be downloaded with a valid code. If there is some password leak, he can revoke access, regenerate them, and resend emails to every patron.

he makes things more difficulte for me, i decomplimed the exe file, i got into his website hidden page, tried to get a valid email and access code for you guys but they are protected by another password on his website, it makes me feel that he's protecting the next governmental futuristic weapon for the defense department.

i tried all what i can but i couldn't find a way, if you want more updates you must join his patreon.
Is it worth paying right now or should I wait?

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
r
Is it worth paying right now or should I wait?
last week he released a new update where he added new quests and imporoved the retopologie of the game, added new characters and the graphics and the animations are not bad so it totaly worth 1$

but i would I prefer to wait for the official release that it will comes out soon.
and i hightly recommend to have at least 8GB of ram and a good graphics card that can handle the game

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Chikimaro

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
you can check the last update here:

Excablecar

Dec 7, 2018
Online DRM? Its dead before it even got popular.
It's fair, he wants to entice more people for his patreon, which is working. As of now, though. The pace of the updates don't feel like it's worth supporting for me, not for 5 atleast. Not that it doesn't look promising, but I can get better entertaunment for that price.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It's fair, he wants to entice more people for his patreon, which is working. As of now, though. The pace of the updates don't feel like it's worth supporting for me, not for 5 atleast. Not that it doesn't look promising, but I can get better entertaunment for that price.
Its a pretty terrible choice in my opinion, there's much better ways to get people to support you. Just look at the number 1 adult game, summertime saga, for example. Personally I refuse to support creators that use DRM or have forms of paywall (My only exception being Wild Life), and I know there's a lot of people like me. Also people who don't already support him have nothing to go on besides the horrendous demo from 2017. I'm going to assume the games been improved since then and he should show it off instead of turning everyone away.

I understand devs want to make money, and I think most devs that put effort into their games don't make as much as they should; however I just think this is a all around pretty bad move that's only going to foster bad will.

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
i'm really sorry to anounce this but you can't play anymore a newer version of the game until you join his patreon, the test username and test password got removed by the dev after detecting multiples login's.

how his login system work ?

Patreon has an api allowing developpers to provide "login with patreon" button on their site.
So the way it works is way more simple, he download csv file from his patreon account.
It contains current patrons emails, that's the only thing he need. he generate an access code and send it to every patron in their mailboxes.
Then In the game launcher patreon type in his email, and the access code sent by email.
This way patreon have access to the game updates until he cancel his patreon pledge.

The game files are hosted on his web server, and they are protected by a password, can only be downloaded with a valid code. If there is some password leak, he can revoke access, regenerate them, and resend emails to every patron.

he makes things more difficulte for me, i decomplimed the exe file, i got into his website hidden page, tried to get a valid email and access code for you guys but they are protected by another password on his website, it makes me feel that he's protecting the next governmental futuristic weapon for the defense department.

i tried all what i can but i couldn't find a way, if you want more updates you must join his patreon.
There is no drm. The launcher just downloads the required files through his server. The required files can be found in the 'sinful empire' folder thats located in files. Its gonna be around 1.2gb after zipping to upload though.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
There is no drm. The launcher just downloads the required files through his server. The required files can be found in the 'sinful empire' folder thats located in files. Its gonna be around 1.2gb after zipping to upload though.
I don't know how you managed to do it, but I cant begin downloading the files because of the login.

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
I don't know how you managed to do it, but I cant begin downloading the files because of the login.
I checked to see if the game worked before updating it. But after the game got to Latest and everyone tried logging in, I'm assuming thats when the dev blocked the login details. And my dumbass deleted the downloaded files cause I thought the installer will still work >.<

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I checked to see if the game worked before updating it. But after the game got to Latest and everyone tried logging in, I'm assuming thats when the dev blocked the login details. And my dumbass deleted the downloaded files cause I thought the installer will still work >.<
oof.

Chikimaro

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
lol, same as me.

Excablecar

Dec 7, 2018
You could still het the files back by running software that reads between the "empty space" markers. Deleting stuff on pc never actually deletes it, it just assigns it as writeable space.

I recovered my wife's photos from her phone this way (,when I accidentally deleted them trying to free up space)

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
This might be a reason why this dev is still making such low money. They are focusing way too much energy into these rather complicated ways to make sure only patrons access files that they dont focus on the game itself.
He may not know that piracy is quite a big helper to spread awareness of his project, if he inhibits it like that he will need to invest real resources into advertising his game himself. Why not be a bit less strict about it and enjoy some free advertising from sites like this?

Jul 19, 2017
The whole "internet connection required" thing is really fucking annoying and that's probably the one thing stopping this game from going anywhere.

In fact, that's the one thing stopping an adult game from going anywhere imo.

Also saves are stored online? What a load of bullshit.

norogodod

Jun 3, 2018
Hello guys!
After reading the thread this evening I decided to give the new build a try and here is what I've found so far.
The remote_game_files.txt states "Wed, 26 Sep 2018 18:31:38" so I guess that the build that we Patreons are able to play is the 20180726 build (is reaching out to the developer to see if its true).

The difference during my very quick tryout from the latest build published in this thread "SinfulEmpire20180223x64.zip" and the one that we are beeing able to play is very minimalistic. The only difference so far is that the Maiden AI seems not to escape when you try to talk to her and I did also find two T-posing dwarfes in the area where you find the tavern mistress and the orc. The dwarfes wasn't even solid so I could walk right through them.
The issue with using and switching between spells is still curret and the XP system only seems to register XP from goblins and not orcs.

To those of you waiting for a new build and are short of money I would suggest waiting a bit longer for the teased release of something not so far down the line.
For those of you who has the economics to support the game should do that since the user seems to have done a lot of work behind the scenes that looks very promising. The downside is that the developer seems to be taking a rather long time between posts so it's hard to know what's in the loop. However the latest post seems to be from February 8th so that's a bit of a concern...I'll wait and see what's happening.

norogodod

Jun 3, 2018
Hi Guys!
Thought I would give you an update after my contact with the developer Erostorm.

It seems like he has hit a few bumps in the creation process but has a very buggy but updated build. Though he's not sure he want to make it public due to the bugs. So that's why the current patreon build is so old.

He has also rented some mocap software that has now expired so he had a rush in saving and exporting all the assets before it expired. He also has reworked some models and made som huge progress behind the scenes.

He has also posted 3 posts in April showing the flesh physics of his new models. And it seems like he is trying to make a VR experience as well. One concern is that he has switched to the UNITY engine for the flesh things. So I'm not sure if it is an engine switch coming.

He also have tried steaming on Picarto.tv yesteday. So that is good news.

Here is the conversation info for those who are intrested.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote