Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 909046

Thank you so much! Your conversions look so much better than all the garbage that Simpliciaty and co did
ur welcome although simpliciaty did a great job at converting them. i will update this hair they have a texture problem so pls wait for fix to download

Reactions: Casty38

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
Make sure you have the object selected before you press the tab button and enter edit mode. It should be there then.

Edit: I read this wrong, what do you mean manual tab?
Screen Shot 01-20-21 at 05.30 AM.PNG

sorry to bother you but, just to make sure what im doing... in this step on your tutorial you check this fist box... is it right? or im crazy?I thoughtthe second was the correctly, just take away this doubt, is the correct one the first? or the second?

MvlaninSimmer

Apr 18, 2019
View attachment 993244
This one works with hats, i cloned the package from a simpliciaty hairstyle you can clone this one for hairs like these it has a second mesh group for each hat version so they clay part works on the hat versions too
Credit for the hair and textures goes to Doux from second life
tysm for these gorgeous conversions!

MvlaninSimmer

Apr 18, 2019
Most all of them are insanely blatant with their rips, it's unbelievable that people actually pay for this lazy, half-assed garbage.
View attachment 994026 View attachment 994048 View attachment 994085
Yikes. Didn't know both lynx and vittler were on the convert-and-claim-as-their-own-creations train and didn't know they were so blatant with it. Vittler keeps a lot of their stuff locked up behind a patreon paywall too, I wonder if those are conversions as well? It wouldn't surprise me. Yuck. Sims 4 creators that so obviously convert creations from another game and lock them up behind a paywall are definitely the final boss villains when it comes to the paywall plague. Lmao.

Last edited:

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
Most all of them are insanely blatant with their rips, it's unbelievable that people actually pay for this lazy, half-assed garbage.
View attachment 994026 View attachment 994048 View attachment 994085
guys, I'm not wanting to defend, but just my point of view... have you ever stopped to think that both took inspiration from the same place? how many creators of the sims didn't do that? I've seen real photos of real clothes and accessories from where I found them on the sims to download, several creators do the same, including on imvu, I'm using all 3 platforms and I've seen everything, it's too much to want all creators get the idea out of your own head 100% of the time, I’m an interior designer and sometimes use inspiration to come up with ideas and get inspo too, and I’m a professional, why wouldn’t an amateur 3d designer will not do the same?

we cannot speak with absolute certainty that lynx and vittler stole the SL mesh (even because it doesn’t seem to be the same mesh, just the same inspiration, and also, think, taking inspiration from secondlife is less bad than the ones that steal and sell on patreon, this is rotten, if they took inspiration, at least they just did it LOL) as for simpliciaty it’s obvious that he stole the mesh, he didn’t create it, NEVER, I know the stealthic owner (the store who simpliciaty stole the hair meshes) it’s too blatant that he did, as well as leosims and so many other cc "stolecreators"... as I said, not defending, just leaving that point of view that maybe they took the same inspo.

even because nobody here is holy, blaming them would not take away our "blame", after all we are selling meshes obtained from secondlife LOL and I love it, please continue :pPPP

***edit***

I'm not sure if it is stolen or not from SL, just basing my concept on the photos people sent here, I didn't see anything like that in SL to compare the meshes and make sure to accuse them of theft, that's why I say that in my mind, it's just the same point of inspiration

Last edited:
Reactions: Tequila_Rose86

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
Yikes. Didn't know both lynx and vittler were on the convert-and-claim-as-their-own-creations train and didn't know they were so blatant with it . Vittler keeps a lot of their stuff locked up behind a patreon paywall too, I wonder if those are conversions as well? It wouldn't surprise me. Yuck. Sims 4 creators that so obviously convert creations from another game and lock them up behind a paywall are definitely the final boss villains when it comes to the paywall plague. Lmao.
YEAH!!!!!! exactly that, as mentioned in my previous answer, the problem is the creators who hide their stolen cc after payment

Reactions: Casty38

Madliesa

Jan 13, 2021
Okay, this is perhaps very noob of me, but how do I get the right menu back, where I edit the UV maps, hit materials and such?
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-20 om 21.06.20.png

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
guys, I'm not wanting to defend, but just my point of view... have you ever stopped to think that both took inspiration from the same place? how many creators of the sims didn't do that? I've seen real photos of real clothes and accessories from where I found them on the sims to download, several creators do the same, including on imvu, I'm using all 3 platforms and I've seen everything, it's too much to want all creators get the idea out of your own head 100% of the time, I’m an interior designer and sometimes use inspiration to come up with ideas and get inspo too, and I’m a professional, why wouldn’t an amateur 3d designer will not do the same?

we cannot speak with absolute certainty that lynx and vittler stole the SL mesh (even because it doesn’t seem to be the same mesh, just the same inspiration, and also, think, taking inspiration from secondlife is less bad than the ones that steal and sell on patreon, this is rotten, if they took inspiration, at least they just did it LOL) as for simpliciaty it’s obvious that he stole the mesh, he didn’t create it, NEVER, I know the stealthic owner (the store who simpliciaty stole the hair meshes) it’s too blatant that he did, as well as leosims and so many other cc "stolecreators"... as I said, not defending, just leaving that point of view that maybe they took the same inspo.

even because nobody here is holy, blaming them would not take away our "blame", after all we are selling meshes obtained from secondlife LOL and I love it, please continue :pPPP

***edit***

I'm not sure if it is stolen or not from SL, just basing my concept on the photos people sent here, I didn't see anything like that in SL to compare the meshes and make sure to accuse them of theft, that's why I say that in my mind, it's just the same point of inspiration
Of course it's possible for people to take inspiration from SL creations and make their own spin on it and I have seen that before. You can tell that the creators owns it by the unique signature/creation style/spin they put on everything they create! Some even create for both SL & Sims (i.e. NitroPanic).

But, I really have a hard time believing that both Vittler & Lynx creating the exact same dress, with the exact same textures was just plain inspiration. Even if it isn't from SL, it's still a ready made mesh that neither of them made and are profiting off of.

Also, I would say that we aren't angels ourselves because we're porting meshes from SL to use in the Sims but none of us here are claiming them as our own creations and selling them for profit.

Last edited:

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
Second Life is frying my laptop...
edit: I didn't know you need real money for this game. Also, how do I place my object in my home? Or are homes not really a thing in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3137218

***edit***

take inspiration but give credit. it costs nothing to do so. all good artists do so. most of these "i sell SL on patreon" people are not "taking inspiration" but straight up stealing and reselling stolen content.

most of these conversion people do not like giving credit bc a) they're narcissists who need the ego boost of being seen as a god bc they can use blender (huge issue within sims 4 custom content community) and b) it "reveals their source". you may think i'm being harsh but these people view everyone as competition instead of community which is why they steal and copy with zero regard.

D

Deleted member 3137218

edit: I didn't know you need real money for this game. Also, how do I place my object in my home? Or are homes not really a thing in this game.
it will eventually fry your video card. i play with a fairly decent computer set up and my fans still kick in when i'm at an event.

remember, these programs are very resource heavy (more than the official viewer bc it's well...hacked software). if you want to save your computer, change your settings. i have mine only to render 1 avatar on a map, turn off all ambient sound and media, and i keep my draw distance low. set your graphics settings on LOW. i haven't used hydra in a while but it's pretty much like darkstorm (i think it's a firestorm based viewer) so you should be able to change these settings easily.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, you need to either buy Lindens or work to make them. When you have them, you have to find a house/rental/sandbox that will allow you to rez items on the ground. The place I'm at allows you to do that and the rent is rather cheap but alas, I have no idea how to share the location :(

Status
Not open for further replies.