RPGM SHRIFT: Need Feedback on machine translation

Who's your least favorite?

• The MC obviously

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Barguest, this is not deviant art, I said not above furry scale 2

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • Mother rabbit, sorry mother, no one likes you.

Votes: 49 21.3%
  • Twins, loli horror

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Emuse or Emuce, IDK the big insect that can't speak properly

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • You, don't insult my waifus I called Them: they'll ban you for this you little piece of...

Votes: 81 35.2%

• Total voters

Lv1VillagerB

May 20, 2018
I'm not distributing the game, only a patch. You'll need a copy of the game if you want to play.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HELP
and also hi,

I'm making a RPG Maker Auto-translator and I'm testing it on SHRIFT.
It will be translated by its creator anyway--when? no one knows. The game is not finished (2 episodes released out of 4) and that makes it quite interesting to machine translate.
I could really use some feedback both to keep me going and to see what I should improve with the translator...........Please?

Capture.JPG

I'm getting some interesting results. The translator makes smart use of both manual translation and machine translation to give a full patch with increasing quality after each new iteration. I think it could be even better eventually. At least, it may produce a decent patch when the creator eventually releases Episode 3/4 and way before he release a full manual translation of his game.

Capture2.JPG

The quality right now is... so-so. At least , it's better than using a text hooker--and probably god sent to all who usually get ATLAS speech instead of english. Most of the names are decent thanks to the hybrid manual translation but that doesn't prevent some text to look horrible, or some stuff to stay untranslated:
the messages displayed when scrolling over choices (Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to fix this).

Capture3.JPG

Right now I only need feedback but, if you want to help more, there's tons of other stuff you could do that don't require you to write code.

The code is a mess so there's no use sharing it. I don't mind sharing the patch it produces though.

Thread on ULMF:

PS: If the pictures don't load I'll be mad.
PPS: I like useless polls.

hazamazorack

Sep 30, 2018
You are doing fantastic! Thanks for all the great work! On a side note, this creator also makes DLC for Shrift! It's not free, but it's extra incentive for those who wants to support the creator. He mentioned that a fully translated English game could cost up to $3,000! If you become a patron you can speed things up as well. Here's the website:

W65

May 31, 2018
Neat. I need to get serious about following this. Shrift always felt like the kind of game I'd like, but it's virtually unplayable without knowing what you're doing. That pretty much requires a translation. Whenever I can be assed to get off my duff, I'll read through that ULMF thread.

Razeluxe

Mar 18, 2018
So where can I download the latest version of this game? Latest I can find by looking around my usual places is 3.11 . Do I make a request thread or something and hope someone uploads it for me? (If he actually releases an English version like he says he will, I will buy it immediately. until then though...)

Troy168

Nov 23, 2017
Question, is anybody experiencing any audio files missing issue? Because I can't get the game working without it.

mesablanca

Dec 20, 2017
Question, is anybody experiencing any audio files missing issue? Because I can't get the game working without it.
Yup also having audio issues. Can't even start the first 'real' fight with the first demon cuz of it, and nothing I search on google will help me

adzull

May 9, 2017
uff i try many times to put the translation but i simple cant undertand is someone can pass a copy whit the translation gone be a god xD

mercy kid

Nov 4, 2018
can someone send me the game translated to english? my... computer skills are very bad and i dont know how to apply the english patch

adzull

May 9, 2017
can someone send me the game translated to english? my... computer skills are very bad and i dont know how to apply the english patch
i have the same problem i try many times to do it but always fail dammit, i simple cant follow the instructions (in very stupid grr)