VN Ren'Py Shinigami Love [Development Thread]

oddgolf

Jul 27, 2017
would it not make more sense for your character to be a shinigami sent to oversee the town? you can replace afro man xddd
could even have be a visored and have your inner hollow be the one wanting to corrupt people or smthng like that...though i do love fullbringers green flash step : D

characters look good i will keep watching game with interest i love bleach <3

Reactions: LeFapman

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
would it not make more sense for your character to be a shinigami sent to oversee the town? you can replace afro man xddd
could even have be a visored and have your inner hollow be the one wanting to corrupt people or smthng like that...though i do love fullbringers green flash step : D

characters look good i will keep watching game with interest i love bleach <3
Thx for the kind words! Great idea about the inner hollow. There's going to be a way to corrupt others as a choice, just not exactly an inner hollow speaking to your mind but rather your character will be feeling controverse about how things around him happens and he can decide whether to be on top of everyone or to hold his grudges and try seeking answers in a peaceful way.

My original idea for a story was to make something out of shinigamis but due to my own limitations I wouldn't be able to make any hollows to put them in the game (I can't 3D sculpt), but then I thought of a parallel universe kind of story with the characters we all know and like, and focusing in the fullbriger kind of power, which is more down-to-earth when it comes to making stories in a school and is an official part of the Bleach lore. I hope u stick around, and if possible keep giving me feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Production is a bit slower rn because of college and jobhunting but I'm still working on it everyday.

Next step is to implement the gameplay and as soon as I make something visual, I'm gonna post it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: oddgolf

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* UPDATE *

Bringing some news, the game finally, finally has some gameplay! I've been working on it a lot these couple of days, there were plenty of small bugs, a nuisance really, until I kept on reading about the issues and studying how to fix them. There was this thing with the Photoshop palette color with the way I've made things but not to bore you guys, I'll head straight to what I've been working on...

Okay, so we can walk through maps now!

mapidle.png maphover.png

First pic is the normal map, 2nd shows what happens when u hover the mouse over it.

Here is how it looks with NPCs on it, and then when you pass the mouse over:

mapidle2.png npchover.png

Some more maps and hover effects:

maphover2.png mapidle3.png mapidle4.png

And some dialogues:

orihimedialogue.png orihimedialogue2.png orihimedialogue3.png

There is some music ingame too.

If you want to watch the whole scene and know everything that's been done so far, there is a video I recorded, I'm going to leave a link to one of my google drive accounts, you can watch the video from its player without having to download anything.

Orihime has a whole scene added to her, small but I wanted to showcase the narration style of how it'll go for lots of the scenes. Not every scene is as light and perverted as this one, because it's still a novel about Bleach and Bleach has tons of content for a mature audience that I think is worth to preserve its essence, because that's what brought me to like the series so much.

I'm gonna do my best to try achieveing this feeling that there's something deeper and not only big boobas like hime's with this project!

Oh, and about Rukia over there, she is a character I'm testing animations on renpy... As soon as I make better animations, this scene with Orihime and Chizuru is going to be updated and showcased later with new animations, or maybe having an entirely new scene, why not. :LOL:

---

So...

Any critiscism is appreciated!

I'm thinking about changing the hovering effects on the maps to something softer, like a sparkling light, I still don't know how to make this but when I do, I think it might get better to look at them on the maps. For now, they're too... opaque. Feels kinda old is the feeling that comes to me.

Alright, so things to do next:

- Implement more maps, there are about only four maps. It won't take too long from now because I already got the maps for the whole school, just gotta make those hovering effects on each of them but doesn't take long, what's going to take time is screenshotting more maps inside Koikatsu like the Library, Enfermary, and so on, and for maps outside the school.
- Maybe change the hovering effects (before adding new maps, so I don't have to re-do the work from scratch, not because it's a lot of work, more because it delays all the other plans)
- Add new gameplay modes, because I've got plans to make some new things allowing you to unlock extra content and also extra characters to have H-Scenes with.

Oh, and guess what, Costumes!! Because everybody likes dressing up their waifus with different costumes, right? I know I love it, and it's not a difficult thing to do, nope, just gonna take awhile, so it's more of a future plan right after I get more stuff implemented into the game because right now the priority is to add more maps in it in order to tell the stories and place the NPCs.

Em, updates will get more frequent now because, well, there's finally something to see!

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
amazing! cant wait! side question, do you have a estimate when the first build will be out?
Good question, but for now, no idea. Still got lots to figure out. Mmm, from all I've done so far is hard to tell because most of what I've been making was creating/gathering assets, it's different from programming and learning new things which I just got started on. Programming could be either fast or take too long, depends on the time it takes to solve issues. But as soon as the gameplay is already there, and what's left is making story-related content, it'll be easier to guess.

There's this thing if I do find a job anytime soon, production could get a little slower. I'd say 2 months will be enough to get a decent amount of gameplay. Don't wanna release a 0.10 with like, three hundread words and twnenty renders, I know people hate these things (I know I do xd) so I'd like to make about 3k words and at least 150 renders to start off.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Forgot to say but I won't be working on the project for a couple of days, got to study some more for college exams at day 10. After tests are over, things will return back to normal.

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Tests are over so back to work, going to update this post later today.

---

Okay, done some things during the time I've been studying and finished the stuff I had left today. There is one issue I've been struggling with, I spent the most time trying to figure out how to solve, but for now let's just get things up to date.

Alright, implemented most of the school maps, about 90% are finished which means it's possible to walk through the entire school now but some maps like the sports field at the back of the school (for P.E) I still have to make them. And I've decided a new style for the hovering animation. Nothing fancy, but I think it looks okay.

maphover2.png maphover4.png maphover.png maphover3.png maphover5.png

Getting to know more of photoshop to make better renders, but nothing worth posting yet, I'm still just practicing.

Now, here's the part I was the most excited to get done today but is the most frustrating thing ever, the game needs a better Main Menu, and I made one, here it is:

main_menu3.png

These buttons have a hovering animation, they change their colors to orange. I mean, they would... if they worked.

Yeah, here's the tough part, I can't make these things to work well and I don't have any clues yet. The buttons are clickable and all, they change colors, but here's what happens:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

See if you can spot the errors.

Looks odd, right? The thing is, both are having issues. The first menu image in the post, the one with all the custom buttons is just an image, it has all the buttons there without any function, these other two inside the spoiler tags are actual buttons but whenever I place them there, the pixels around them don't fit in the right place.

They might be having issues locating themselves in the image for god knows why or I don't know... They have a transparent background though, that's why I don't get what's actually happening.

So... I'm gonna be working in the main menu thing for now and after I'm done, well we'll see when it gets to that, but there are some other plans noted down that are interesting, but it's a story for another time.

Main Menu comes first!

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Update!!

Main Menu has been changed and is now fixed.

The appearance is a fresh new one but it fixes issues. Turns out the glowing effects of the previous font was messing with the pixels. I'm using a straight font now.

-----

The menu has been updated once again after receiving some feedback, it didn't change much, I tweaked a little bit with the colors to have a stronger contrast and made the logo font italic for this swift kind of effect.

New Menu:

menu.PNG

Also added a splash screen, it's like a logo it shows before getting to the main menu, I'm sure you've seen it in thousands of other games before, well it just so happens this needed one. Going to make a little icon later to finish off the appearance side of things then it's time to move on. Next post will be about new mechanics, and remember, all the feedback is important and appreciated!

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Been super busy IRL, but I've been slowly working on this new gameplay feature and so far I got half of it right, half left to figure out and when it gets finished, I'll make a new post here.

k4m0n

Feb 9, 2018
I'm interested to follow along this development! Bleach will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm looking forward to seeing some action with my best girls Rukia and Soifon!

• Red Heart
Reactions: LeFapman

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
I'm interested to follow along this development! Bleach will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm looking forward to seeing some action with my best girls Rukia and Soifon!
There will be plenty of content with these characters! As the project evolves I'm sure the game will get more interesting and with loads of H scenes I'm very excited to make. Main Story scenes along with some unlockable extras. :)

Reactions: k4m0n

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
New Features!

Dating System *

It's now possible to request a girl of your choice (that has the option unlocked) to take on a date.

dateLocked.PNG datingUnlock.PNG dateUnlocked.PNG

When you're on a date, the icons will indicate you're in the dating mode and tell you whom you're with.

date1.PNG

In the dating mode, it's still possible to freely walk around with your date until you find the spot where the dating scene will initiate, it will be easy to spot, as the color will glow in Pink instead of the usual yellow!

date2.png

This mode encourages you to explore new places, try out your "imagination" of lewd places too, like the female bathroom or the infirmary. Scenes in the dating mode are exclusive to the dating mode and will be added to the gallery accordingly, finding them all will be a hard task, but can be super rewarding to achieve.

I was thinking about ideas of what to do during a date or achieving certain conditions for a date to unlock, like having to gift them during the date for an H-scene or do side-quests to unlock more actions during the date and other things, but I decided to go simple. Find the spot, watch the scene and enjoy.

Feel free to feedback me on this one, though I didn't imagine anything else than that.

Moving on...

* Fighting System *

This is another extra mode, it will play as a mini-game to grind for money that you can use to buy things at the shop. Oh I know, grinding sucks, right? I personally love grinding lol, but not nonsense or super boring grind, as it can get on the nerves so I've been experimenting... The battle is still very very raw, it's the prototype of a prototype. Um, but here's how it looks like right now:

battle1.PNG battle2.PNG battle3.PNG

This system is something to work alongside the dating system, because this is the only way (for now) to earn money, and I know it looks silly but if somehow I make it fun to my JRPG lover standards, I think people would enjoy it. Would love some feedback, some people gave me telling they have no idea, too raw to have an opinion on it yet, and I do agree, so we'll see how it goes when this system receives an upgrade, it's what I'm currently working atm.

To conclude, been working on these for some time now, just making sure everything works before posting. Bugs are happening all the time, but thinking about a solution takes the most time of developing these. I wish I knew how to photoshop things better so they look prettier but I'm still actively working on improving the UI art before releasing a demo.

Yaa, I can't really estimate a date of when the game is out, sorry for people who wants to try it, but I'm making sure the game has the quality it deserves. I'm a huge Bleach fan, too! Trying nothing but to pay respect for such a masterpiece.

For the next few posts, I'm going to be adjusting these modes, making wayyy better UI, having the gold be shown on the screen, implementing new animations for the fighting system, things like Skills, Defend, Avoid, etc, and tons of formulas so it plays like an actual turn-based RPG, and um, it will have a leveling system too! Pretty simple to make, I just need to get the formula right to make it balanced. Time to copy-paste RPG Maker formulas, mehehe...

Alright, see you next post! Wish you a good day. :)

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* Revamped U.I for the fighting system.

screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

* New concept for general game's U.I:

generalUI_example.png

Need to implement the latter U.I, add functionality, add a map (for later) and a screen to show your progress with the girls when you click on the heart. Daytime system not implemented, I have to make it as well.

Editting this post to add another thing...

Didn't want to go to bed, so here's the new Game Menu, another revamp!

* New Game Menu:

screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png

Okay, that's it for two days work. Took one heck of a time, had to change tons of stuff after some feedback I received but I'm happy with the final results.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepymegamind

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* Some new UI added:

Game Menu, about the configuration pages.

screenshot0008.png

Not to look at the old boring default, I decided to make one. This was a challenge to implement, because the default code is already well put together so RenPy didn't allow for free customization of this menu without altering the default code much, I tried to workaround it. Don't know if I'll make custom bars for the stuff, though... Eh, don't really need it.

2. Dialogue Box! A custom dialogue box, I love when VN games has these!

screenshot0015.png

Fixed the names position. Also, using nameboxes for it now.

3. Main Menu Re-Work... again??? Whaaat? LMAO. I update it more than optimizing the code, but I swear it's for a good cause. Um, decided to attempt making it more like, unique, have some sort of identity to it, and this is what I got:

Main Menu FINAL ART.png

This time it might be final... I hope so. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* General UI added

Was planning to take the day off, but late saturday night, decided to implement it now.

screenshot0016.png

Going to edit this post when data (like money, current day & time) are added. Heart and Map has some cool glow effects on them when the mouse is hovered on.

Had some trouble with my monitor, then my computer... What a bad timing. :(

Luckly everything is back to normal today, I could fix my computer and got back to deving.

Fixed something else today: Everything from before is working now! We can finally display actualy weekdays and time.

screenshot0018.png

What I think can be a bit troubling is the size of the UI, too much height, too much free space, I think I'll adjust it later but I'm gonna worry about it way later on, most important thing to do next is adding a gallery viewer, a map and give the huge pink heart there a reason:

To display the character's affection levels towards you and a couple of descriptions with some extras. Might have a shortcut to the gallery of said character, or not if it gets too confusing, but it's an idea.

Now that my computer and monitor are healthy again, gonna get back to work on the game tomorrow! There's a college project to deliver in three days, but eh, it can wait. :lepew:

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* Gallery Implemented

Took longer than I hoped for, couldn't find an exact tutorial for what I wanted to do so I made up my own, learning from different sources and combining stuff together to get it done.

BadMustard's tutorial and code have helped me find a way of how to implement this system better, thanks BadMustard!

screenshot0020.png

Tested and everything is working during my gameplay.

Next part is... Maps. Oh boy, yea, gonna take some time making one, specially because I can't draw, so I've gotta get creative with this one. Or draw using shapes... Mmm, yea, we'll see. Next post will be about the Map!

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
Two New Screens Added

* Map Implemented

Already finished and working!

I've made an attempt, canva is a Godsend for pretty much everything. I got a random map image from Canva and populated it with trees, grass, kinda like drawing but using stock images, royalty-free stuff.

Here is how it looks for now:

screenshot0021.png

Don't think I'll change it to be honest, my canva pro free trial is almost at end. :(

Luckly, I got almost everything covered in terms of UI, what's lacking from the top of my head right now is a screen to show the girls and their progress, but I don't need canva for that anymore, already got the images I want, I just have to place them ingame.

And a screen for changing the girls outfits, but if by the time I want to implement that my canva sub is gone, I'll be able to photoshop that, nothing much to do really.

Gonna be working a bit more today, if I get anything finished before going to bed I'll update this post.

====

* Character Checker Implemented

This screen is used as a tracker of progress with a girl you're aiming for.

Simple, but here it is:

screenshot0022.png screenshot0023.png

When you get a point after an event, it adds a colorful heart to fill the blank ones.

There are going to be two different hearts, one for the Love Route (Love Heart) and another for the Corruption Route (Lust Heart).

Okay, this is it for today! Going to bed now, then for the next part I have to make the Outfit Picker, and from the top of my head I think that one will be the last for all of these different screens.

Last edited:

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
* Outfit Picker Implemented

It is now possible to change the outfit of girls.

Here is a preview of some of the outfits:

1. School Uniform

screenshot0024.png

2. Casual Clothes

screenshot0025.png

3. Bunny Girl

screenshot0026.png

note: The 2nd line of outfits was just for test purposes, it won't have any duplicate outfits, dw.

===

This was the last feature to be implemented for now, what's left is only one thing: Finish off the battle system, because it remained onhold until I was done with the U.I stuff, specially because my Pro signature on Canva is super close to expiring, so I had to change priorities.

Now, for the battle system, which will be kinda huge, but I think I can manage. After that's done, we can finally start to see the story and the good part of it: big bleach girl boobas, or smaller ones, we're gonna plenty of them to choose.

Get ready, because it's happening!