5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
ask ...
How can I replace the girl's body textures?

I understand that "BepInEx" exists, but I'm not familiar with that tool.

but I would like to improve the textures.

Reactions: evaw

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
ask ...
How can I replace the girl's body textures?

I understand that "BepInEx" exists, but I'm not familiar with that tool.

but I would like to improve the textures.
As of right now, I was able to replace textures manually with the use of UABE.
You can see an example of this on post #152, along with a dump containing some of the raw textures.

Using BepInEx with the texture replacer plugin is a strong alternative, but I'm honestly unfamiliar with how it works.
I'll tag kumarin, I believe he has more knowledge of using a plugin environment for textures.

Reactions: 46471xp

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Is game has no more updated ? then editing asset file and replace texture with UABEA(?) tool. It makes no lag.
Using texture_replacer plugin is simple(?). but It replace the textures on run-time. so has the little-bit lag. It's good at rapidly updated games. no needs that edit assets files.

It's not bad idea that working edit textures many times for customizing with texture_replacer and replace the texture assets with your final textures.

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
You can see an example of this on post #152, along with a dump containing some of the raw textures.

Using BepInEx with the texture replacer plugin is a strong alternative, but I'm honestly unfamiliar with how it works.
I'll tag kumarin, I believe he has more knowledge of using a plugin environment for textures.

thanks for the information! (y)(y)

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
Is game has no more updated ? then editing asset file and replace texture with UABEA(?) tool. It makes no lag.
Using texture_replacer plugin is simple(?). but It replace the textures on run-time. so has the little-bit lag. It's good at rapidly updated games. no needs that edit assets files.

It's not bad idea that working edit textures many times for customizing with texture_replacer and replace the texture assets with your final textures.
(y) Thanks, I find it an excellent tool but it looks complicated. I think I will use UABE, but I will keep this tool in mind.

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022

ask!
What is the best quality to save the textures?

Screenshot_1.png

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
ask!
What is the best quality to save the textures?
Typically the default options should work fine.
However this is where UAS can come in handy.
Under 'options' make sure you have "display asset information" ticked.
UAS.png
This will display some of the texture info detected by UAS which you can use in UABE during import.

Also should be noted, sometimes importing custom textures will result in CTD, or you will have ugly grey textures.
I've had a lot of different problems with texture mods, so it may require some trial and error.

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
Typically the default options should work fine.
However this is where UAS can come in handy.
Under 'options' make sure you have "display asset information" ticked.
View attachment 2462585
This will display some of the texture info detected by UAS which you can use in UABE during import.

Also should be noted, sometimes importing custom textures will result in CTD, or you will have ugly grey textures.
I've had a lot of different problems with texture mods, so it may require some trial and error.

Thanks for responding, I'm going to assume the tool compresses textures since it uses DXT1, DXT5 among others (I've worked with DXT's before).

Based on the tests I've done, I haven't seen any difference in quality or performance between "Very Fast", "Normal" and "Slow" (I really don't know what the tool means by "fast, normal and slow").

Anyway, the format I have used is DXT1/Normal (multithreaded) and I have not had any problems.

my question was about fast, normal and slow, no tool I have used before uses those terms.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
my question was about fast, normal and slow, no tool I have used before uses those terms.
Honestly, I have not seen that before either.

It might just be on the software's user end for processing speed.
Similar to being able to change 7zip to use 16 threads vs 8 threads for compression.

But that's just a guess. If there's no difference in the effect, probably doesn't matter.

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
Honestly, I have not seen that before either.

It might just be on the software's user end for processing speed.
Similar to being able to change 7zip to use 16 threads vs 8 threads for compression.

But that's just a guess. If there's no difference in the effect, probably doesn't matter.

I will assume the same, although it is very useful.

thanks for the clarification.

adamis

Sep 10, 2018
i cant get it to run. using quest 2 with oculus link to my pc. but when i start the game i just get a grey screen on my pc but nothing on my quest

Reactions: loudster

gal1man

Mar 29, 2022
i cant get it to run. using quest 2 with oculus link to my pc. but when i start the game i just get a grey screen on my pc but nothing on my quest
Same here on PC with Pico 4. It just shows the unity logo and then it's all grey. Then the program freeze alltogether

EDIT: After setting locale for non-unicode programs to Japanese/Japan and restarting my computer i can now launch the game in VR and it works without flaw.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes