Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
1602066852912.png

think i'm done (mostly) with the inventory. will have a video up for supporters this week to highlight some of the more fun parts of this.

confirmed: you'll have the opportunity to go fishing and, if you fish up all the different types of fish i'm sure there'll be achieve for it, of course.

1602066989160.png

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019

Here's a look at the new and improved inventory, including fish! and a fishing rod! and rings and amulets which will increase your stats etc.

Speaking of stats, it also includes a look at the bars which measure your life, mana, and stats in your spellbooks.

I'm pretty happy with this.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
so triple digits? lol
actually, full number is around 30...

but keep in mind many will only have short adventures (for obvious storytelling reasons). :)

i'm hoping to have the usual 3-5 as main characters with more focus on perhaps 2-3. i'll be letting patreons have more say on which will be the focus soon.

Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
actually, full number is around 30...

but keep in mind many will only have short adventures (for obvious storytelling reasons). :)

i'm hoping to have the usual 3-5 as main characters with more focus on perhaps 2-3. i'll be letting patreons have more say on which will be the focus soon.
as long as i can fuck them all im good lol

Reactions: L8ERALgames

Donor
Apr 11, 2020

Here's a look at the new and improved inventory, including fish! and a fishing rod! and rings and amulets which will increase your stats etc.

Speaking of stats, it also includes a look at the bars which measure your life, mana, and stats in your spellbooks.

I'm pretty happy with this.
Didn't follow your progress for the past few weeks and i gotta say i absolutely love the direction you seem to be taking this (and the steady flow of updates) - keep it up, mate!

(inventory looks clean btw (y))

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Didn't follow your progress for the past few weeks and i gotta say i absolutely love the direction you seem to be taking this (and the steady flow of updates) - keep it up, mate!

(inventory looks clean btw (y))
thanks! :) the inventory took a couple of weeks and was a lot of work. while there were some inventory systems out there, i ended up having to cannibalize code from two different types and sort of mash them together, then kind of build a few links which were... a bit of guesswork in the end. thankfully, it all worked out.

there's still a few pieces missing, but those are mostly related to the currency system i have to put in so you can buy/sell.

while most of this sounds like another grindfest, the majority of items you "collect" are to advance the story or open side-quests rather than to focus on some kind of real-life need for grinding gold or anything.

Reactions: LbM-93 and 311

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
when will the first version of the game be released ?
might be a while, i'm afraid. i'm hoping early 2020. but, in fairness, this is a bigger game with more mechanics. i tend to usually try doing things which are a challenge, so i make things so hard for myself... :p

the combat, inventory, and questing systems are a little more complex (in terms of coding, not in gameplay). so, it's taking a bit of time. i do everything myself. there's only an i in this team.

but i present my updates in my patreon every week, so peeps can see the progress. :)

Reactions: LbM-93

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
might be a while, i'm afraid. i'm hoping early 2020. but, in fairness, this is a bigger game with more mechanics. i tend to usually try doing things which are a challenge, so i make things so hard for myself... :p

the combat, inventory, and questing systems are a little more complex (in terms of coding, not in gameplay). so, it's taking a bit of time. i do everything myself. there's only an i in this team.

but i present my updates in my patreon every week, so peeps can see the progress. :)
Early 2020? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Griff83