• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Multiple artists have had to grapple with the policies of Patreon. Successful solutions include deleting Patreon in favour of a dono bot on Discord (no hit to finances, the artist actually publishes them) and scrubbing the Patreon clean and releasing the content elsewhere (on Discord per role gained through Patreon tiers). Basically, Discord looks real good. People just don't seem to find or trust SubscribeStar.

Bang on. The payment processors make the rules.
I wonder why SubscribeStar isn't as trusted as Patreon. And I didn't know Discord could be used as some kind of Patreon-esque system. I might have to look into how that happens.

Reactions: HotPotLovers

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
I wonder why SubscribeStar isn't as trusted as Patreon. And I didn't know Discord could be used as some kind of Patreon-esque system. I might have to look into how that happens.
I feel like it's the card requirement. Not everyone is eligible for one or willing to use it for a service that's pretty explicitly explicit. I'll DM you about the Discord method I've seen!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I feel like it's the card requirement. Not everyone is eligible for one or willing to use it for a service that's pretty explicitly explicit. I'll DM you about the Discord method I've seen!
I get that, but since Paypal is a bunch of puritans it's becoming more and more neccessary.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
I get that, but since Paypal is a bunch of puritans it's becoming more and more neccessary.
I hear you. The US payment processors, card companies included, are a bunch of hypocrites (a cultural problem, really). Adult entertainment is a huge business sector and they have all profited enormously from it.

It's just what I think to be the issue. Not saying it's good - I'd love to use disposable CCs if they were available.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
For some of us it was worse because we read the news yesterday, the 31st, click on the news and read the article on the "Patreon website" :LUL:.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I about had a heart attack when I first saw that banner too. Then realized what day it was. (really hate April Fool's Day)

jireir

May 26, 2018
Does this game have a typical expected update schedule? E.g. releases every 3-4 months or something? Or is it more so the case of updates being done when they are done. I haven't played the game since version 0.33 I think and the new stuff is interesting but I'm wondering when to expect the continuation.

Also is the game coming to an end? Because it feels like the story is close to ending.

I have to say that overall it's at least one of my favorite HTML games if not the best one I can think of altogether.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Does this game have a typical expected update schedule? E.g. releases every 3-4 months or something? Or is it more so the case of updates being done when they are done. I haven't played the game since version 0.33 I think and the new stuff is interesting but I'm wondering when to expect the continuation.

Also is the game coming to an end? Because it feels like the story is close to ending.

I have to say that overall it's at least one of my favorite HTML games if not the best one I can think of altogether.
I don't have a set update schedule mostly for fear of missing the deadlines I'd set and upsetting people.

So, yes, the game is coming to an end. The current release schedule looks roughly like this:

Update 0.6 Wednesday and Thursday. Will progress the jobs and let players try to wrap up their investigations
Update 0.7 Friday. Will also include a chance to finalize a romance choice which will play into the endings. IE, if you choose, say, the Mayor for your final romance, you'll get a scene with him at the end.
Update 0.8 Saturday. I can't say much about this update other than it will deal with the Constantins and Izabella's final fate.
Update 0.9 The final confrontation with the the one behind it all. This will have quite a few permutations depending on player stats, decisions made, etc.
Update 1.0 The various endings. I may try to get some of them into 0.9 as well.

After that I will do bug fixes and start on the sequel which will see some returning characters but a new storyline and a new protagonist.

jireir

May 26, 2018
That sounds nice but considering we're currently at 0.4 release... doesn't that mean that the majority of the game is technically still ahead of us?

4.90 star(s) 11 Votes