Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I like what I see so far. Good writing, descriptive without being wordy, an intriguing story, and decent UI and visuals. The one thing that threw me was the repetition of the header text and picture in every conversation.

I look forward to more, and will consider supporting if there is decent progress.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I like what I see so far. Good writing, descriptive without being wordy, an intriguing story, and decent UI and visuals. The one thing that threw me was the repetition of the header text and picture in every conversation.

I look forward to more, and will consider supporting if there is decent progress.
Do you mean the dialogue boxes? I use those because it makes dialogue "stand out" and it's much easier to know who is talking. It's a macro created by a fine man.

Feb 22, 2018
Hm. I just got one from Mega, and its only 85 Mb, and lacks almost every image. I dont think its supposed to.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hm. I just got one from Mega, and its only 85 Mb, and lacks almost every image. I dont think its supposed to.
If it's 85 mb it has the images. Maybe the download was corrupted? when you unzip it you should have the images in an images folder. Just click the html and play from there.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Do you mean the dialogue boxes? I use those because it makes dialogue "stand out" and it's much easier to know who is talking. It's a macro created by a fine man.
No, I was referring to the fact that, when the MC is in a conversation, the very top lines of text stay the same as the previous box. As in Start.png

and then
next.png

Not a significant issue, but I wondered if it was deliberate.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
If it's 85 mb it has the images. Maybe the download was corrupted? when you unzip it you should have the images in an images folder. Just click the html and play from there.
There is probably something wrong with download. Masturbation and shower images are missing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
No, I was referring to the fact that, when the MC is in a conversation, the very top lines of text stay the same as the previous box. As in View attachment 1094284

and then

Not a significant issue, but I wondered if it was deliberate.
I can fix that. It's basically "intro text" for the park. It's not supposed to linger like that. I had that happen in a few other places and fixed it but guess I missed it in the park, thank you.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
There is probably something wrong with download. Masturbation and shower images are missing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is bizarre. I just checked the zip I uploaded and sure enough they've "poofed" out of existence and have disappeared from my working copy. Luckily I had a backup. If you'd like I can zip them up and put them in a file and stick them in a post or something. They'll definitely be back in my next update as I just replaced them.

Phantasmia

Oct 31, 2017
That is bizarre. I just checked the zip I uploaded and sure enough they've "poofed" out of existence and have disappeared from my working copy. Luckily I had a backup. If you'd like I can zip them up and put them in a file and stick them in a post or something. They'll definitely be back in my next update as I just replaced them.
That would be appreciated as I'm having the same problem.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
That would be appreciated as I'm having the same problem.
Alright, here are the missing pictures. Put them in images/events and you should be good to go. I had a bit of trouble on that hard drive. Windows repaired it but I think it just compromised those pictures and I didn't notice. I've moved them to another drive and synced it with OneDrive so it should have backups now. It's kind of funny that the photos it lost are the naughtiest ones in this whole release.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
when is the next release
really love it <3
My hope is late next week or early the following week it all depends on life. I also got a new computer and just finished moving files over so that cost me a couple of days of work. On the plus side, the new computer should let me render faster!

Changes coming:

Gameplay changes:

It will no longer cost energy to move from location to location. Skill uses will cost slightly more energy to compensate but it will make exploring easier.

I'm debating whether or not I can implement a toggle for more explicit skill usage. Basically if you pass it'll show green text that say "Skill used successfully" or something and if you fail it'll have red text saying you failed. It was requested but I don't know if I'll squeeze it in during this next release.

New content:
A new dream.- Done, mostly tested
A new "friend" - You finally find out who/what that mysterious voice you sometimes hear is. Done, tested
A new event with Sean. - Half done, somewhat tested
First workday for all 4 jobs. If I can't squeeze it in I'll do as many as I can and do a partial release. - Started
New events with the doctor, priest, and Carlo if you met him. - Not started
Hopefully a new event with Amber and Anya - Not started
Ray's blackmail event if you triggered it. - Not started

If I have time I want to add one or more new characters in at different locations.

Last edited:

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
uhhh i like mystery and major decisions. intro text sounds great. renders looks really solid, girl looks nice. not too thin and definitely not too fat but still quite curvy :3 just please tell me there is sex and old guys in it Ó.Ò

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
uhhh i like mystery and major decisions. intro text sounds great. renders looks really solid, girl looks nice. not too thin and definitely not too fat but still quite curvy :3 just please tell me there is sex and old guys in it Ó.Ò
Sex is coming soon. This release is basically just the first day of the game. And depending on how you define old guys there are 2-4 or so in the game currently.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The classic, probably
There are a few men who check two or more of those boxes but none that check all of them I don't think. ;) One dude definitely checks bald, fat and ugly but not old. I think anyone who has played a game with renders knows which character it is. I originally had him in a role that subverted his typical use in these kinds of games but in the end I just couldn't help myself and moved him into his more typical role.

Reactions: RNDM

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ah, the spice of life - variety. :sneaky:
Well, I mean we have:

The fat, ugly, balding guy.
The old, bald guy.
The homeless, greasy ugly guy.

I think they check a few of the points individually though I'm going to try to give them more depth than is typical.

• Haha
Reactions: Shelscott50
4.90 star(s) 11 Votes