VN Ren'Py Shadows [Development Thread]

Balbazar34

Apr 21, 2024
View attachment 2358590
Hi!

I'm Vicxlose, the developer of the game Shadows. I want to share with you some details about my first project.

Synopis:
The detective works alone to uncover the truth about disappeared girl, Ruby Pumper. She has been missing for over an year in search for a new job. Finally, he had got the clue that led him to a remote family manor. If only he knew what awaited him in that strange and twisted place...
So, the girl is missing, our main goal to find her and, by the way, discover some dirty secrets about Caldwell family.
What is it:
It's a classic VN with choices, fetish-oriented dark game at its core with dark themes. It's not about pure love and vanilla themes. My main goal is to cover as many tags as possible with some exceptions (e.g., gore, scat). In the epilogues with special conditions, I want to cover some additional hardcore-extreme fetishes (this will be optional). So, the characters have two epilogues: the standard bittersweet epilogue and the extra-dark one. At the same time, I added a bit of backstory for each character to substantiate what's going on (unlockable character profiles). Moreover, there will be flashbacks to visualize their backstory and motivations.

About character:
There are 5 main characters (one of them is optional, cause It's a trap!), Ruby will be revealed at the end of the story. And her, shall we say, "state" will be determined by the player's choice. An additional character (Roberta) will be integrated into the game somewhere in the middle of the story, this character is connected to one of Caldwell's secrets.

BEATRIX
View attachment 2358592

BRIANNA
View attachment 2358593

MARISSA
View attachment 2358595

CORA
View attachment 2358596

DANA
View attachment 2358600

Features:
- 1920x1080 3D rendered images.
- 1920x1080 30fps animation scenes.
- Interactive story, your choice matter.
- In-game hint system (optional).
- In-game unlockable gallery that contains: Scene replays, Character profiles and Achievements.
- Animated main menu.
View attachment 2358601

Why?
After discovering that type of game - western VN (thanks to f95zone) I found there so many vanilla normal games, but so few fetish-oriented dark games with edgy content. So, I do this on purpose.

About me.
Nothing special. I had no any expierience in a script writing, 3D lighting and other gamedev staff before I'd started, only small programming background (Python, SQL, JS, Front End).

Then?
Honestly, the first chapter is already done, what's left is only testing.

What will it be?
The first release of Shadows will contain:
- 248 images
- 8 animations (+1 for main menu)
- unlockables: 5 replay scenes, 6 character profiles, 2 achievements
- around 30 min of gameplay

I'd glad to hear what you think of my project. Are you interested in it? Will you play it if you get a chance?

Some screenshots:
View attachment 2358602
View attachment 2358603
View attachment 2358606
View attachment 2358607
View attachment 2358608
View attachment 2358609
View attachment 2358610
You can make heavens for anal focused game searchers. Please make an anal focused extreme game. There are like 4-5 of them and you look really talented about this style