VN Ren'Py Shadows [Development Thread]

Vicxlose

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
main.png
Hi!

I'm Vicxlose, the developer of the game Shadows. I want to share with you some details about my first project.

Synopis:
The detective works alone to uncover the truth about disappeared girl, Ruby Pumper. She has been missing for over an year in search for a new job. Finally, he had got the clue that led him to a remote family manor. If only he knew what awaited him in that strange and twisted place...
So, the girl is missing, our main goal to find her and, by the way, discover some dirty secrets about Caldwell family.
What is it:
It's a classic VN with choices, fetish-oriented dark game at its core with dark themes. It's not about pure love and vanilla themes. My main goal is to cover as many tags as possible with some exceptions (e.g., gore, scat). In the epilogues with special conditions, I want to cover some additional hardcore-extreme fetishes (this will be optional). So, the characters have two epilogues: the standard bittersweet epilogue and the extra-dark one. At the same time, I added a bit of backstory for each character to substantiate what's going on (unlockable character profiles). Moreover, there will be flashbacks to visualize their backstory and motivations.

About character:
There are 5 main characters (one of them is optional, cause It's a trap!), Ruby will be revealed at the end of the story. And her, shall we say, "state" will be determined by the player's choice. An additional character (Roberta) will be integrated into the game somewhere in the middle of the story, this character is connected to one of Caldwell's secrets.

BEATRIX
ch1sc2_6.png

BRIANNA
ch1sc4_8.png

MARISSA
ch1sc6_8.png

CORA
ch1sc7_11.png

DANA
ch1sc7_2.png

Features:
- 1920x1080 3D rendered images.
- 1920x1080 30fps animation scenes.
- Interactive story, your choice matter.
- In-game hint system (optional).
- In-game unlockable gallery that contains: Scene replays, Character profiles and Achievements.
- Animated main menu.
main_menu.png

Why?
After discovering that type of game - western VN (thanks to f95zone) I found there so many vanilla normal games, but so few fetish-oriented dark games with edgy content. So, I do this on purpose.

About me.
Nothing special. I had no any expierience in a script writing, 3D lighting and other gamedev staff before I'd started, only small programming background (Python, SQL, JS, Front End).

Then?
Honestly, the first chapter is already done, what's left is only testing.

What will it be?
The first release of Shadows will contain:
- 248 images
- 8 animations (+1 for main menu)
- unlockables: 5 replay scenes, 6 character profiles, 2 achievements
- around 30 min of gameplay

I'd glad to hear what you think of my project. Are you interested in it? Will you play it if you get a chance?

Some screenshots:
ch1sc2_1.png
ch1sc3_5.png
ch1sc4_5.png
ch1sc5_22.png
ch1sc6_11.png
ch1sc7_1.png
ch1sc7_6.png

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Anyone coming in here after seeing his game, just go back and download it.

Although? I don't know where Vicxlose saw all those "vanilla" games. Almost every single game in here is for deviants, so much that actual vanilla games are almost like a taboo fetish :ROFLMAO:

I mean, damn son. This game right here has a pretty solid start but if OP thinks the rest of the games in here are "generic vanilla", and he made this to combat that... Holy fuck this thing is gonna go down degeneracy something fierce, yo.

Jesus please hold my soul.

Still? What are you still doing here? I told you to go back to the game page and download it, damnit!

Ebnahmed

Oct 14, 2019
Hello there) Damn, the game looks promising. Nice renders, great start. But I have several questions. Do you plan to add large insertions with stomach deformations, wrecked holes and so on? If so, do you plan to add all the way through content? Vicxlose

Vicxlose

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
Hello there) Damn, the game looks promising. Nice renders, great start. But I have several questions. Do you plan to add large insertions with stomach deformations, wrecked holes and so on? If so, do you plan to add all the way through content? Vicxlose
Yeah, of course. But most exteme content I saved for late Chapters and endings. No all the way through, I mean some toys will be broken, but not destroyed.