4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Yes that one and it hapens as you bring her into the room ... I will have to check preciselly when it begins but I thing after the first dialogue between cloe and bridite that what i seem to remember right now ....
Hmmm, this is really strange, I'll send as MP with my version of the game in which I tried something that *may* fix the bug, but tbh there shouldn't be a problem here to begins with so I'm not sure it'll work.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Playing from the start got to the scene of converting Brigite the frost mage ... and a popup keeps apearing saying : "Failed to play audio 88780096" anyone else had this issue and was able to solve it outside of just closing the pop up a thousand times?
I have a feeling this may just be a broken audio file from a corrupted download, and may be fixed simply by redownloading the game. Maybe the dev can tell you if the song in question plays anywhere else in the game, and you can check if the same glitch happens there.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I have a feeling this may just be a broken audio file from a corrupted download, and may be fixed simply by redownloading the game. Maybe the dev can tell you if the song in question plays anywhere else in the game, and you can check if the same glitch happens there.
I can't remember where else it is used, if no one else has the problem maybe it's corrupted file. I sent them another bersion of the game in which I tried to change the extention of another audio file that play later in the same event cause maybe the game is trying to preload it but honestly as I said, there shouldn't be any problem to begin with.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
Oh hell yeah a LezDom MC game! One question; is the AI art meant to be a long term thing or just a placeholder for now?

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Oh hell yeah a LezDom MC game! One question; is the AI art meant to be a long term thing or just a placeholder for now?
Well hard to tell.
Idealy I'd replace it, but I realize that a niche kind of game (advance war like) being hentai making it even more niche might not bring enough money to replace it.
If I get enough wishlist and find a an artist that can do the job I'll try to make it happens but I'll be honest that is unlikely.

If it helps I spends lots of time improving the illustration manualy and while I wasn't that good especialy with the first ones I improve over time. That being said it's hard to get consistent art with AI even with manual input.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Idealy I'd replace it, but I realize that a niche kind of game (advance war like) being hentai making it even more niche might not bring enough money to replace it.
Interestingly, while it definitely does still count as niche, there's actually a fair amount of brainwashing/corruption games out there made with SRPG Studio, likely due to how the fetish lends itself to the sort of game where you "recruit" characters into your harem army. That's what made me suggest the engine when I saw that you were developing a game in the same genre.

Of course, most of those other games don't make enough money to pay for an artist, either. Most of them use either 2D "paper doll" programs or 3D character creator programs.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Interestingly, while it definitely does still count as niche, there's actually a fair amount of brainwashing/corruption games out there made with SRPG Studio, likely due to how the fetish lends itself to the sort of game where you "recruit" characters into your harem army. That's what made me suggest the engine when I saw that you were developing a game in the same genre.

Of course, most of those other games don't make enough money to pay for an artist, either. Most of them use either 2D "paper doll" programs or 3D character creator programs.
Yeah but most of them make fire emblem not advance war.
And there are 2 consequences :
Fire emblem has a larger comunity especialy in mind control game.
SRPG is literaly made for fire emble so they don't have to spend nearly as much time struggling to get the engide do what they want which mean they have more time for content.
Even then I'm pretty sure their earning aren't nearly as good as visual novel or even some rpg maker games.

Edit : don't get me wrong I'm happy you told me to go SRPG, it was still much faster than having to do all the 2d animation and an engine myself, but it's just the genre that I think isn't viable financialy.
Oh well it's fine, I learned a lot, have lots of fun, and my next game will be better thank to my experiences gathered.

Reactions: MindController
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes