Mod Ren'Py SexBot [v1.42] Walkthrough Hand Holder Mod [1.2] [MrBubu]

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
screen_choice.png

Overview:
Non-intrusive (cosmetic only) Mod to hold your hand throughout the game until you have unlocked everything.
As simple as: always pick green when there is one, if not blue then finally yellow but never red.​

Updated: 2024-03-31
Game/Creator: Sexbot / LlamaMann - - - -
Modder: MrBubu
Mod Version: 1.2
Game Version: 1.42

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Last edited:

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Yes!! This is the mod that i waiting for this game.
Thanks!!!
Let me know how it goes please.

I realised it's too easy to end up in a bad loop when there is no "green" choice and it's possible to choose something that actually lower the stats (e.g. Emily or Sam affinity goes down when we want it to go up).

I'm working on adding a fourth color "red" for do not select this ever...
Will probably change the pink color as well because it is too close to red

Reactions: Statotzy

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Let me know how it goes please.

I realised it's too easy to end up in a bad loop when there is no "green" choice and it's possible to choose something that actually lower the stats (e.g. Emily or Sam affinity goes down when we want it to go up).

I'm working on adding a fourth color "red" for do not select this ever...
Will probably change the pink color as well because it is too close to red
I'm not sure when bad loop you refer will be occur. but as i'm still early in 3rd loop? it seem pretty good so far.

but if possible can you also upload the .rpy instead of archeive file (.rpa)

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
I'm not sure when bad loop you refer will be occur. but as i'm still early in 3rd loop? it seem pretty good so far.

but if possible can you also upload the .rpy instead of archeive file (.rpa)
A bad loop is when you don't know you selected a bad choice which prevents you from taking the person to the prom.

e.g.: When I tried from scratch and was on the 4th loop I think which tries to raise Sam's affinity, sometimes there are no Green option, so I ended up picking something else, but I actually ended up lowering Sam's affinity and when I arrived at Day 6 I could not pick her.

So now I mark those paths in Red. They only really occur at the beginning for Alexa because you need dom or sub and must not rise the wrong stat, or going to prom with Emily or Sam the first time only. After that it's mostly fine.

As for the rpy I'd rather not, the easiest it is to modify it, the easiest it is to break it, the more "fake bugs" I'm likely gonna have reported, so using the "official" rpa is the only thing I wanna support.

But nothing prevents you from using unren to extract it yourself if you are curious, but I'm not sure it is very easy to understand...

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
A bad loop is when you don't know you selected a bad choice which prevents you from taking the person to the prom.

e.g.: When I tried from scratch and was on the 4th loop I think which tries to raise Sam's affinity, sometimes there are no Green option, so I ended up picking something else, but I actually ended up lowering Sam's affinity and when I arrived at Day 6 I could not pick her.

So now I mark those paths in Red. They only really occur at the beginning for Alexa because you need dom or sub and must not rise the wrong stat, or going to prom with Emily or Sam the first time only. After that it's mostly fine.

As for the rpy I'd rather not, the easiest it is to modify it, the easiest it is to break it, the more "fake bugs" I'm likely gonna have reported, so using the "official" rpa is the only thing I wanna support.

But nothing prevents you from using unren to extract it yourself if you are curious, but I'm not sure it is very easy to understand...
Thank you for more clarification. The update 1.0 is much more helpful.
And nevermind for a rpy, just only asking but whatever it should be the way that most convenient for you.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018

So how does the walkthrough dictate who you are going after? is it just in a set order to follow?

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
So how does the walkthrough dictate who you are going after? is it just in a set order to follow?
Yes, I wanted it to be as less intrusive as possible, so no new menu or user variables or anything that could break save games (AFAIK).

For normal menus, text comes in a callback function and I decide to color it or not.
For screens I had to duplicate them completely to be able to change colors but I didn't change anything else.

So yes it goes through the girls in the order that seemed the most logical to me for it to flow. But people can add the mod mid-way through a play or just at the end to get missing bits they haven't seen and it should all work none the less. Or even completely ignore the suggestions. The mod always calculate the menus dynamically based on the current girl to go for (hard-coded) and the current user stats.

Llamamann my friend, you are a great sport still coming here, so if you ever feel like "ripping" it or integrate something similar directly in the game, I'd be happy to DM you in details exactly how I programmed it and donate it to you.

Or I'd even be willing to maintain it for you if you prefer and wanted to include it in the game. I'm offering... if you see any value in it, you can DM me.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Yes, I wanted it to be as less intrusive as possible, so no new menu or user variables or anything that could break save games (AFAIK).

For normal menus, text comes in a callback function and I decide to color it or not.
For screens I had to duplicate them completely to be able to change colors but I didn't change anything else.

So yes it goes through the girls in the order that seemed the most logical to me for it to flow. But people can add the mod mid-way through a play or just at the end to get missing bits they haven't seen and it should all work none the less. Or even completely ignore the suggestions. The mod always calculate the menus dynamically based on the current girl to go for (hard-coded) and the current user stats.

Llamamann my friend, you are a great sport still coming here, so if you ever feel like "ripping" it or integrate something similar directly in the game, I'd be happy to DM you in details exactly how I programmed it and donate it to you.

Or I'd even be willing to maintain it for you if you prefer and wanted to include it in the game. I'm offering... if you see any value in it, you can DM me.
thanks! you do your thing, if it makes the game more accessible for people, thats great!

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Thanks, I tried, but this mod get this to say

After which it colors only some variants in yellow, others remaining black.
Let's discuss the mod in this thread.

For the error, thanks for the report, it might happen because you dropped the mod halfway through a game and some variable was not present so I'll make sure to check properly to prevent that.

As for the colors, yes you should always expect yellow choices to unlock further scenes from the gallery, black means nothing new down that road.

Based on your message there were some people you did not take to prom yet, so I would expect some green choices eventually, maybe only when you start the next loop. But if you drop me you save game I might be able to take a look and see if I can detect any problem there that prevents the mod from offering you choices.

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
it might happen because you dropped the mod halfway through a game and some variable was not present so I'll make sure to check properly to prevent that.
Yeah, that's the reason. The mod actually worked after that, showing not only yellow but blue as well. Never seen red or green, though. But maybe it's because I am deep into the game and seen most features by that point.

When I posted that message I wasn't able to invite Meiko to the prom and still don't know how to trigger the scene with her and Emily without the console. Others were already done.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Yeah, that's the reason. The mod actually worked after that, showing not only yellow but blue as well. Never seen red or green, though. But maybe it's because I am deep into the game and seen most features by that point.

When I posted that message I wasn't able to invite Meiko to the prom and still don't know how to trigger the scene with her and Emily without the console. Others were already done.
Maybe your save is corrupted then and some wrong variable is preventing you from continuing...

To take Maiko to prom (normally each event unlocks the next one):
- Meiko introduction on Day 1 afternoon (automatic event on the second loop through)
- Watch a movie with Meiko on Day 2 evening
- Gym spin class on Day 3 morning
- Don't spend the evening with Emily on Day 4 evening (she spends it with Meiko and you catch them coming back)
- Hot tub with Meiko on Day 5 morning
- Invite Meiko to prom on Day 6

As for Red it only happens at the beginning, after that there are no negative stats to prevent progression

Reactions: doujin1

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
WOW, thank you so much for this. I liked the art in sexbot but just kept giving up in playing the game as the %$&%$&%^ looping just put me off SO MUCH with zero feedback that I gave up. I was going to just unwatch the game and ignore it due to how frustrating it was. Your mod is 100% a *MUST* IMHO for this game.

Reactions: MrBubu

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
WOW, thank you so much for this. I liked the art in sexbot but just kept giving up in playing the game as the %$&%$&%^ looping just put me off SO MUCH with zero feedback that I gave up. I was going to just unwatch the game and ignore it due to how frustrating it was. Your mod is 100% a *MUST* IMHO for this game.
I'm curious about the zero feedback, there are notifications for affinity, zetas, etc. as well as gallery hints and stats menus. did you use any of those during your playthrough?

Reactions: jackkane

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
I'm curious about the zero feedback, there are notifications for affinity, zetas, etc. as well as gallery hints and stats menus. did you use any of those during your playthrough?
not the guy you asked but,
trying to figure out a game by reading hint's and walkthroughs are always a huge chore for me, if i hadn't used the WTmod i would probably have spent considerable more time to experience all of the game.
great game btw . (y)

Reactions: Llamamann