Sex scene animations

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I want to make my own adult game, but im having trouble figuring out how to animate sex scenes, i havent been able to find any tool, and im sure its not something DAZ offers.. any devs out there with an answer?

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Renpy allow you to make animated scene with cgs if you just want simples things like in/out or handjob etc...
Daz3d allow you to make complete scene, there are some tuto somewhere...
There are animated sex scene on sell (on renderotica i think)

Reactions: DavidTurner

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Well, animations is on a whole different plane of knowledge. As far as I know there are two different types of animations.

2D - this requires the artist to redraw for each frame (Something like a flipbook) Not sure how you would translate 3D animation into a flipbook. If I had to guess, it'll snapshot each frame into a bunch of images?

3D - You'll need a 3D modeling software, something along the lines of, 3DSMax, Maya (Both Paid), or Blender (Free). You then will need a model, rig it, pose and keyframe.

I'm not using Daz or Ren'py so I can't give you specific information as to how to do the animations, but I would assume as far as Ren'py goes, have a code that emulates a flipbook mechanic or a code that cycles through the images.

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Watch this link for a simple explanation of how to animate in DAZ:
Once you have your frames set up, render as an image series (instead of still frame).
You can then then use your game engine to play a frame, erase a frame, and play the next frame, etc. to generate the animation.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
You can then then use your game engine to play a frame, erase a frame, and play the next frame, etc. to generate the animation.
In Ren'py you can use animations, with the recommended format being .ogv. So the movie saved as an .avi in Daz Studio needs to be converted (there are online converters for that) into .ogv, which takes much less disk space.

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I would recommend against rendering to video from DAZ since if even one frame is borked you'll have to do it all over again.

There are plenty of ways to convert an image series to video, giving you granularity to edit/adjust frames and/or set things up to loop easier while rendering fewer frames. Photoshop has it built into its export functionality (as m4a in CS6) and I'm sure you can google for other ways.

You can then still use an online converter to move to .ogv (or .webm and .m4a if you're using RPGM MV)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I was watching that exact same vid coincidentally when I cam here looking for an answer. Is it correct you need animate2 which is 50 bucks to be able to render animations? I like the of animating from images now Ive read that

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
No. In the render settings you can set it to render a series of images and put them together into a video in a few different ways.

PhantoMaster

Jan 11, 2019
Well, animations is on a whole different plane of knowledge. As far as I know there are two different types of animations.

2D - this requires the artist to redraw for each frame (Something like a flipbook) Not sure how you would translate 3D animation into a flipbook. If I had to guess, it'll snapshot each frame into a bunch of images?

3D - You'll need a 3D modeling software, something along the lines of, 3DSMax, Maya (Both Paid), or Blender (Free). You then will need a model, rig it, pose and keyframe.

I'm not using Daz or Ren'py so I can't give you specific information as to how to do the animations, but I would assume as far as Ren'py goes, have a code that emulates a flipbook mechanic or a code that cycles through the images.
If you somehow do not know, 3DsMax can be obtained free of charge for 3 years, if you register as a student ...

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Watch this link for a simple explanation of how to animate in DAZ:
Once you have your frames set up, render as an image series (instead of still frame).
Not great.