• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

hoobatooba

Mar 16, 2021
The english grammar and wording/sentences are so terrible. No one talks like that. Extremely offputting..
Yeah, can verify that no native English speaker has been near this. It's extremely awkward, like Borat. The! MC! Speaks! Like! This! Locker Room is 'Cloak Room', 'Residantal Wing', etc. etc. But... still better than MTL

1690573133785.png
1690573264532.png 1690573314212.png

Edit: But too sandbox, and I have lost all patience for things that waste my time. Didn't even get a single sex scene, oh well. Next!

Last edited:

Suiko

Jun 7, 2017
MC: Oi, you forgot your diary.
Katie: Oh, thank you. Don't forget to close the door.
Me: What do you mean close the d--
Katie: (undresses)
Me: So much for, and I quote, "The second girl, Katie, is timid, shy, and morally upright". Anyways... (left mouse click)
Katie: you're still here omg get out pervert maniac!
Me:

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Our story remains a thing of greatest grandeur! What man of undergarments would not hold her in his arms?

If that line makes no sense to you, you understand what I’m about to tell you. Sex Campus is broken story wise. You get what it’s trying to do, but the text is illogical and doesn’t make sense most of the time. Only through trial and error will you understand what is happening.

You’re a boy who has been slacking at school. One girl has a small crush on you, another doesn’t like you and you are the teacher’s pet. Your friend, Matt, is offering to help you stay in school if you just do one thing - collect two pairs of panties from the school. And thus the debauchery begins.

This is somewhat of a sandbox game (clicking through campus scenes) where you figure out who is at what part of the campus. The sandbox really isn’t necessary as the game claims it’s a visual novel and will play itself. However, there are puzzles you can fail which will keep you from collecting panties. This is not a kinetic novel, but a novel with game elements. You will play memory to unlock chances to get underwear.

The women look good and while the sex scenes are rather dull, they consist of three angles and are well animated. There are multiple sex scenes in the game and some secret ones if you play your cards right.

I think the developer made an effort to do a full story. While the text is not good enough and will have you guessing what the hell is going on, through trial and error you will get what you are looking for. I enjoyed myself, but should have had to work so hard.

This is a 2.5 / 5 but giving the benefit of the doubt, so 3 / 5 for this videogame.

Screenshot_174_result_compress.jpg

Last edited:

hoobatooba

Mar 16, 2021
Our story remains a thing of greatest grandeur! What man of undergarments would not hold her in his arms?

If that line makes no sense to you, you understand what I’m about to tell you. Sex Campus is broken story wise. You get what it’s trying to do, but the text is illogical and doesn’t make sense most of the time. Only through trial and error will you understand what is happening.
This 'English' is translated (or auto-translated) by people who aren't fluent in English at all and thus can't even edit it to sound reasonable or consistent (though still better than Japanese MTL). Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Pinoy, who knows. I can't find anything obvious about the devs Taboo Tales, who are squatting out a lot of similar games on Steam. But the supported languages are Romanian, Czech, Indonesian, Danish, and Finnish, which might be a hint.

Oh well, not like people on Steam care if the text is comprehensible.

Reactions: AMRFTY

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
This 'English' is translated (or auto-translated) by people who aren't fluent in English at all and thus can't even edit it to sound reasonable or consistent (though still better than Japanese MTL). Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Pinoy, who knows. I can't find anything obvious about the devs Taboo Tales, who are squatting out a lot of similar games on Steam. But the supported languages are Romanian, Czech, Indonesian, Danish, and Finnish, which might be a hint.

Oh well, not like people on Steam care if the text is comprehensible.
This is probably the reason why the text doesn't make sense indeed. But that doesn't justify releasing the game in this state and having English be the default language. It's why I went for 3 / 5 instead of a 2.5 which makes a 2, maybe someone can help the dev and put some great English answers into the game to make it make more sense.

The people on steam might not care if it's comprehensible - but it's definitely possible to mess up your playthrough. Would love to see the developer fix this or find someone to help her/him fix this.

Reactions: hoobatooba

mariaeliza

May 17, 2017
The models are interesting and the animation are ok.
But its so damn confusing. you have to keep saving each and every choice you make because there is no feedback on how your choice is actually influencing the story. plus there are scenes here I didn't see and there is no hintbox on what could be done to achive those rewards.
unless you like to explore all the options and all combinations of dialogs possible...this game will bore you pretty fast.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes