blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
Fishing mini guide:

First of all, don't bother with anything but the most expensive rod at the shop(Sea fishing rod). Just spend a bit more time at the working at the construction site to afford it, it's worth it.

The reason is, you only want to catch the fish moving horizontally at the very top of the screen as they are worth by far the most, 40-72t (i.e. fish tokens that you can exchange w/ the guy nearby). Not the long skinny ones, not the blobs, just the classically fish shaped ones. As well, you only want to target largest ones as these are worth the most (if I recall correctly, there are 4 possible sizes).

For actually catching the fish, you need to cast in front of your target, well in front because the fish keep moving while you are casting, so you need to anticipate. For the fastest fish, you'll need to cast on the entire other side of the screen. You'll know the fish is locked on to your lure when the fish turns red. If it's the wrong fish, or you just plain miss, you can right click to exit the casting session. Just wait for the fish to come on screen again (it always will, sometimes from the same side, sometimes from the opposite side).

Once the fish is locked on, it will spend a bit of time nosing up to the lure, then the fish will start nibbling and the view will shift. You need to wait here until the lure is pulled under water, then left-click to catch.

And that's it, congratulations on getting your fish tokens, the best money maker in the game. I'll put the rest in a spolier 'cause maybe folks want to figure out the special tricks on their own.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Amazing guide.
At first, I thought that drilling is the way to get money, because I didn't know that Fishing has an actual mechanic instead of just pure randomness; I was like waiting for like solid minute, but no fish was biting. Thanks to you, now I know that there's a "skill" aspect to fish properly. Thanks for this.

3.80 star(s) 36 Votes