• Major Case: Gym Reopening Murder

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • Case: The 12 Labours of Selena

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beefstick

Sep 25, 2017
Of note is that for the last update..... replies were also sparse until the update.... which was pretty much on time. I'll get worried on March 20

wannaka99

Apr 4, 2019
Of note is that for the last update..... replies were also sparse until the update.... which was pretty much on time. I'll get worried on March 20
It's pretty worrying that they would manually delete their f95 account that he had since 2017(assuming thats what he did).

Oibern

May 21, 2019
Hello, do you have any news about author?
Is everything okay?
I asked but never got any response from anyone giving an update. The next version should release tomorrow, if no update comes then, it may well be abandoned.

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
I asked but never got any response from anyone giving an update. The next version should release tomorrow, if no update comes then, it may well be abandoned.
You mean a question made just hours ago on discord? Well anyhow that's only thing that happened there for a long time....

fantom2u

Mar 14, 2018
It doesn't look good, as word on discord is that the developer and some of his supposed team have gone MIA, deleting accounts and not responding to e-mails. The dev has not been active on discord for almost two months. It all seems rather suspicious and I hope I'm wrong, but I think this retread is done.

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
That is super sad. This game (the original) inspired me to try to start making games (and I still have a rip somewhere of the original codebase from then when I was thinking... maybe I could... finish it). This was the game I wanted to make, but maybe with more exhibitionism, as it was fun gameplay, with great ideas, with fun... other elements.

I would love this not to be the end, just for them to be taking a break or something. Although, I'm not hopeful.

Jun 2, 2017
That is super sad. This game (the original) inspired me to try to start making games (and I still have a rip somewhere of the original codebase from then when I was thinking... maybe I could... finish it). This was the game I wanted to make, but maybe with more exhibitionism, as it was fun gameplay, with great ideas, with fun... other elements.

I would love this not to be the end, just for them to be taking a break or something. Although, I'm not hopeful.
If you ever decide to start your own version of this, I have been tinkering around with a Daz Selena model and I think it's pretty close(shared it in original game thread) that I would be happy to share. I would also be willing to jump on a discord channel to help develop out any storylines if needed as I too love this game and hate that it is gone.

I've tinkered around building my own version but I dont have equipment or time currently to do so.

Reactions: Ut5962 and EXPERTO

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think that one of the real problems with developing this game (either version) is how complex the cases have to be. They must be exhausting to program (all the potential dialogue).

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
If you ever decide to start your own version of this, I have been tinkering around with a Daz Selena model and I think it's pretty close(shared it in original game thread) that I would be happy to share. I would also be willing to jump on a discord channel to help develop out any storylines if needed as I too love this game and hate that it is gone.

I've tinkered around building my own version but I dont have equipment or time currently to do so.
You do not know how tempted I am by the idea, but I’ve learned from bitter experience never to start something without finishing the previous. I’m at mid game I think on « The Exhibitionist « , with an end game in mind but a little while away yet.
After that, who knows…

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
I think that one of the real problems with developing this game (either version) is how complex the cases have to be. They must be exhausting to program (all the potential dialogue).
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about how you do it and make it easier on yourself. There’s a bunch of custom JavaScript I’d need to write and then inputting and keeping track of the branching options. I think you would break it down by mission, but really choices mattered a lot, a long way down the line… one design decision I never really agreed with from the original is that if you took a couple of wrong options a whole bunch of content would be invisible to you later. I literally had to start a new game because I missed a quite obscure choice.

Jun 2, 2017
You do not know how tempted I am by the idea, but I’ve learned from bitter experience never to start something without finishing the previous. I’m at mid game I think on « The Exhibitionist « , with an end game in mind but a little while away yet.
After that, who knows…
Absolutely agree! Excited to see where your current project ends up, been following it for a while. This idea/project will still be there down the road.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes