VN - Ren'Py - Seductive Shadows [v0.4] [CHYSA]

1. 5.00 star(s)

LewdLewy

Review is for version 0.2.

Pros:
    A large selection of male, female, and MTF characters.​
    Already has a good amount of erotic scenes.​
    The main plot is okay so far, remains to be seen if it will be anything novel. However, the love interests subplots were good enough on their own to keep me playing. So if you are ambivalent about supernatural stuff, there is more to the game beyond that.​
    Lots of hints about upcoming content that are informative without being in your face.​

Neutral:

The quick pace and breadth of characters keep the story moving forward but also lead to a few odd moments.​

Cons:

The sex scenes so far have been a bit short. To be fair, a lot of them have been spontaneous and/or in a public setting, so it doesn't feel completely out of place. While the game's pace is pretty brisk overall, this is one area I think needs more meat going forward.​
    The pacing of some scenes is off. For example, Cassie's introduction is a bit rushed for being 1 of the 3 roommates MC lives with. After meeting her, there are some choices where you can tell the other 2 roommates you prefer Cassie over them despite talking to her for about a minute. The scene could work if a conversation occurred before the choices so MC gets to know her a bit first.​

My main feedback is that some of the choices are not clear they lead to an alternate path. For example, there is a choice of who to partner up with in photography class. Either a trans girl or the professor and I picked the former. However, after class, there is another chance to start the teacher’s path. Okay, cool. I’m a big harem fan, so getting with all love interests is always a plus.​
    In contrast, there is a scene where MC is invited over to a streamer girl's home, after meeting her a moment ago, or hang out after work with a male co-worker/love interest instead. The co-worker's path started well before this point and I had been able to start almost a dozen other love interest paths without conflict. Unlike the previous student and teacher choice, the paths here do diverge with no second chance being offered. My main gripe is there really isn't anything to indicate that to you.​
    You get an erotic scene either way, but they were not remotely equivalent. All I say about that is I found the streamer girl’s scene was way more intense and engaging than the co-worker’s.​
    I'm probably harping on this too much, but it was the most memorable issue that stuck out to me.​

Conclusion:

I enjoyed my time playing Seductive Shadows and think it has a surprising amount and variety of erotic content. 5 Stars.​
    "bUt lEwDlEWy! hOw caN yOu saY 5 sTaRs WiTh aLL tHosE cOnS?!"​
    I rate things on how much I enjoyed them first and then see how much the cons mattered to me after my playthrough. To me, 5 stars isn't flawless, it's a combination of quality, quantity, and the unexplainable X factor. Seductive Shadows does well in all of those areas while having both vanilla and niche content. I could easily recommend most people try this game.​
  2. 5.00 star(s)

UnluckyGuy1337

Great start for a 0.1 game.
    - Great story
    - Great writing
    - Great characters
    - Great music
    - Great art
    - Though the game could use a little bit more art, for example in the scene where MC saw Cassie in the shower with her dick fully exposed, there wasn't any art of her dick fully exposed.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The game looks promising, I'm really looking forward to more of this game and the developer.