RPGM Abandoned Secretos en la distopia [v0.5.2] [Secretos en la distopia]

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
That's some thicc pixel art, good stuff. The game does suffer from some amateur mistakes and some translation quirks.

For example, when you work out, the time display no longer advances time (but the game still does). It works again after an event. It can also be hard to "go out" of some menus since simply touching an NPC re-opens the menu. That's fine for objects (like scrap), but a button input to talk to an NPC would be better.

Some menus are also missing a "go out" feature, such as sleeping. If I hit the bed on accident and don't want to advance time, I need an option to choose not to sleep. One last thing, the whole 24-hour schedule thing... scrap it. The timings are far too precise. If you want a time system, just do day/evening/night or something like that.

There are a small number of minor fetch quests in this game so far, so congratulations on implementing them this early. That being the case, though they are simple now, you will likely need a quest objectives menu or a journal so we can see what we need to do for the next step of the quest.

As for the translation, MTL gonna MTL. It's readable but not that great. Tell you what, I'll be available to do translations from Espanol to English in a few weeks or so. Send me any text you want translated into English and I'll give it a shot. Just DM or PM me on F95, if you're interested, and I'll do it gratis until I decide I don't want to do it anymore :KEK:

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
That's some thicc pixel art, good stuff. The game does suffer from some amateur mistakes and some translation quirks.

For example, when you work out, the time display no longer advances time (but the game still does). It works again after an event. It can also be hard to "go out" of some menus since simply touching an NPC re-opens the menu. That's fine for objects (like scrap), but a button input to talk to an NPC would be better.

Some menus are also missing a "go out" feature, such as sleeping. If I hit the bed on accident and don't want to advance time, I need an option to choose not to sleep. One last thing, the whole 24-hour schedule thing... scrap it. The timings are far too precise. If you want a time system, just do day/evening/night or something like that.

There are a small number of minor fetch quests in this game so far, so congratulations on implementing them this early. That being the case, though they are simple now, you will likely need a quest objectives menu or a journal so we can see what we need to do for the next step of the quest.

As for the translation, MTL gonna MTL. It's readable but not that great. Tell you what, I'll be available to do translations from Espanol to English in a few weeks or so. Send me any text you want translated into English and I'll give it a shot. Just DM or PM me on F95, if you're interested, and I'll do it gratis until I decide I don't want to do it anymore :KEK:
I agree, the game has some amateurish bugs, but I think it can be forgiven considering it's your first game and almost by law it has to have some bugs.

The 24 hours system was also a bit difficult for me, but I got used to it quickly, maybe instead of 24 hours a day it could be 12 hours distributed between day/evening/night; mostly because there are too many games with day/evening/night cycle and it's good to see that someone wants to innovate.

In translation the truth is that you're right, it can be read and understood, but some parts are a bit weird and if you're like me who likes to read the dialogues it can be a bit uncomfortable or annoying.

As for the rest, the truth is that I see potential in the game, and if they manage to fix the bugs, maintain a good quality in animations, story and characters, this game could easily be a must for lovers of pixel art style games.

Reactions: Gabaw

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
Well, the guy deleted his Patreon, X and Itch.oi accounts.

This can only mean two things: the first is that he's going to make the game from scratch and come back when I have a more polished product.

The second (and I hope this is not the case) is that he simply gave up and can't continue with the project.

If it's the second option it's a pity because the game had a lot of potential.