VN - Others - Completed - Secret Wives Club [Final] [Sekilala]

1. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

I just finished this a couple of minutes ago so I decided to quickly write down a review since this is definitely not one that will remain ingrained in memory for too long.

You play the role of Issei (no, not THAT Issei), an average college student, who is tasked by a group of three frustrated housewives to help them spice up their love life. As such the four of you establish The Secret Wives Club to help in this regard. Now you know where the name of the visual novel comes from.

This is a MILF nukige, so naturally NTR comes with the territory. Now before you vanillafags have an aneurysm, the MC is the one who does all the cucking. In fact the game goes out of its way to assure you that these hoes aren't sleeping with their legally married husbands during the course of the game. There. Happy now? Good.

Speaking of hoes let's talk about our three sluts.

The first one, and the one who comes up with the idea for the club, is Chisato whom you initially meet on a trip to Bali. She's kinda like the vanilla one of the bunch, her scenes being mostly vanilla with a bit of exhibitionism.

The second one is Nana, a petite and shy woman who harbors a very lewd personality that you're supposed to bring to surface. Her scenes are a bit more hardcore, being mainly about BDSM and domination. Also she is best girl.

The third is Kagari, probably the most stereotypical of the bunch being of the ara-ara MILF variety. She is really dirty and is openly into more extreme stuff, mainly anal, which is why I enjoyed her route the least, even though I liked her as a character. Luckily there was no scat content. That would have been shit. Pun intended.

The structure of the game is kinda weird. Basically you are treated with a menu where you get to choose what type of "training" you wish to do with the girls, each successful session earning you a point. Maxing out a girl's points gets you her ending. Speaking of which, for each of the characters, there is an "illicit" (bad, I guess?) ending and a responsible (true) ending. You'll want both as they each come with different CG's.

The main issue from the game stems from the fact that the scenes are very short and kinda fail to build up any sort of plot progression. As such the emotional investment is low. Basically you're just moving from one unrelated H scene to the next. What makes matters worse is that you have to do each scene twice. Each time the dialogue is different, but the CG remains the same. The in-game reason could be for example that the first time only you got to come and not the girl too, or you lost your erection for some reason, etc. It's just weird.

Speaking of CG's, while I do appreciate this old school hentai art style, the problem is that they don't always come with cum shots unless during a BJ. So almost no creampies. Lame! Most of the variation comes from the girl's facial expression and the wetness in her nether region. I really think they could have done this better.

No sense talking about the sound and VA too much. Sound is... almost non-existent, the music is typical 2000's nukige variation, and the VA is p. bad. It's a budget tile what did you expect! I payed like $2 on a sale on JAST, so I do feel I got my money's worth. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It might have sounded like I hated this VN, and initially I did plan on giving it only 2 stars, however the characters started to grow on me little by little, so in the end I did have a good time with it. Hence I give it 3 stars: a good, but not essential, nukige of the early 2000's, which is sure to bring a tear of nostalgia to anyone who plays it and has lived through those simpler times.

Play time: roughly 8 hours, but I skipped a lot of voiced lines, especially during the H scenes.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

MortaI

Well, i'm truly disappointed from what i've seen. First let me point out the good points.
    - Amazing draw ( that's what at first get me hyped, some of these old style drawning are no less good than the newer games, if nothing else, they are even more natural and realistic at body proportion).
    - Promising plot ( but only to there, just wasted, because of the bad sides of the game, which i gonna point).
    - Very good voice acting, heroine's voices also sound on spot, very matures, fits them all so well.
    - Charming characters, each with her own personality.

- jackass MC, trying to play cool, act like an immature and crude. Also his dick going limp in situations when it shouldn't, idk how!? He just sucks.
    - Lame Sex scenes. Most of them are just repetitive over and over again, frozen drawings, without any variation in poses or environment. Not to mention they even unmatching with the voice acting, and are even unfinished( the MC happen to repeat a same sex scenes for couple of days in a row, without even shooting his load, cause different occasions, but mostly his problems. And even when he do so they dont drawed his cum, only for the BJ's scenes.
    - Poor story development ( just hopping from one sex poor scene to another, there is not much of a story between).

I lost interest very fast in the game. I can't blame harsh 20 years old game, but it has it's unforgivable downsides.