Ren'Py Secret Clubs Wars - looking for feedback (and help)

clef777

Aug 10, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have been working on this project for a while. Mostly what I have worked on is the "combat" engine. So here you can try it and tell me if you like it.
I would love for this to become a multiplayer game where instead of the computer you fight against other players. Someone can give me a hand on that?

DOWNLAOD:

screenshot0006.png

screenshot0006.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0003.png Capture.PNG

DESCRIPTION:
There is a secret community where different clubs fight each other for fun and prestige. The thing is... the fight is actually a sexual encounter where the two opponents (or partners?) set an objective and the first to reach it wins. The objective may vary a lot: making the other come first, restrain them, work together against the clock and more. Of course since the fight are so peculiar the clubs are too: they are sexually themed like the dominant club, the submissive one or the exhibitionist's.
The players will be able to choose their club (even more than one when possible) and level up learning new skills and improving their stats. The intention is to give the possibility to develop different game styles.

There are 3 main stats: technique, willpower and sexual demand. Technique represent how good you are (like a physical attack stat), willpower represent your ability to play with other people mind/mood and apply some status on them (undress, restrained, etc..). Finally sexual demand work as a defense stat: the higher it is the harder it is for you to get aroused.
There are also three bars in combat. The first is arousal, you need to bring this up to pleasure someone. Energy, needed to use many of the skills. Mood: a high mood let you play more aggressive at the expense of your willpower, while a "low" mood makes you more thoughful.
Finally there are some status, but you can learn about them in the game.

CONTENT OF THE ALPHA:
What you will find in this alpha:
  1. Chat and multiplayer battle system (local only)
  2. Dressup screen
  3. Arena
  4. Story
  5. Visit screen

1. CHAT SYSTEM
The chat system, with possiblity to create new chatrooms and see the character of other players in the room. At there is no online host so... at most you can chat with yourself^^. Also the battle system is implemented! But again until it's not hosted somewhere online, you can only fight against yourself.
INFO to set up a local chat server: in this post

2. DRESSUP
A dressup screen test. You can modify the main character here. The modified character will be used in the story too.

3. ARENA
The main part: here you can choose a character to use and another as your opponent. You can try different strategies against different victory conditions and opponents. It is not too hard at the moment: the AI is not very intelligent, but is not just a randomizer at least.

4. STORY
Just one single event to let you see how it could work. At the moment it is set in a university, but I was thinking about moving it to a more generic environment.

5. VISIT
A visist screen. Here you can talk with Kevin to know more about some of the clubs, the statuses and other things.

FUTURE:
I would like for this to become an online game where people can interact and have matches against each other. I have been able to create a chat and battle system but only locally. Someone knows how ot set up a server online?

NOTES:
I have bought a couple of image packs here: . You can see the characters made with them in the story part (and of course in the dressup screen).
In the arena I am using some placeholder images, but if someone gives me a hand I would have no problem to buy more.

I hope you liked it.

Last edited:
Reactions: asatuosizhihun

Hpgameer123

Jun 19, 2018
Is there a way to return to the selection menu when you are at the visit screen and is there going to be a dorm room for your character to rest since after losing to a opponent that was found in the visit screen your arousal, stamina and mood don't reset

clef777

Aug 10, 2018
Hi!
You are right I should implement something like that. I will in next version. Anyway there is almost nothing to do in that screen (apart from talking to Kevin). I suggest you to use the arena to try some fight.

In the mean time I have worked on the multiplayer system! I have learned how to set up a local server and now I am able to open two (or more) different sessions of the game and chat between them. In the chat you can see all the players in the chatroom, select one of them to see their character and as soon as I have finished the debugging I will move on to set up the fighting system.

Also, I know how to set up a local server.. But I still don't know how to make it hosted online...

clef777

Aug 10, 2018
New version uploaded:

The chat system is in place but it can only be used locally until I learn how to host a server online.
To create a local server (you will only be able to chat with yourself) you have to do the following:
  1. download (and install) python 2.7 from here:
  2. enter the game folder at "game/chat server"
  3. click anywhere in the folder with the right mouse button while holding SHIFT
  4. select the option: "open powershell window here"
  5. write "py -2 chat_server.py" and press ENTER
This will setup a local server (again you won't be actually connected throght internet). You can open as many instances of the game as you want and chat with yourself.

NOTE: the login screen is a placeholder, you don't need any password.

If someone knows how to setup an online server please tell me.
Next step is to implement the fight system in multiplayer.

clef777

Aug 10, 2018
I have updated the link above with a new version (0.7.0).
Now I have finally set up the multiplayer battle system! (plus there have been a lot of needed internal changes).

Now the only thing left is only to discover how to set up an online server...

cornxxx

Aug 11, 2019
Look like a real prometing game, but there are a lot of bug and a lot of crash, anyways this game has something

asatuosizhihun

Mar 23, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 273, in script call
call battleStart from _call_battleStart_1
ScriptError: could not find label 'battleStart'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\SecretClubsWar-0.7.0-market\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\SecretClubsWar-0.7.0-market\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'battleStart'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Secret Clubs War 0.7.0
Tue Aug 11 05:03:20 2020
```

d_rugged

Sep 28, 2020
Hey, I know this is a SUPER long shot on this thread, but I don't know where else to look right now. On your 6th screen shot there is an FPS counter in the corner. How the hell do I get rid of that thing. It is popping up in every VN I play, always turning on and off repeatedly, and its just so distracting I can't play any renpy games. I'd just like to know how it turns on, and if I can disable it